It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Varginha Case (Brazilian Roswell) Revisited

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by rickyrrr

your probably correct and i regret even bringing it up. when i first seen it my critical thinking skills were absent.

i am still very skeptical about this case though. there is no proof of anything here and with questionable witnesses being the only evidence i am leaning towards this being a story made up by the locals to make some money.

i read somewhere that this town has many ufologists and that makes it even more suspicious imo. no cause , no reaction = no money.

i will say the timing of the officer dying is strange but i am also at the same time skeptical about that because this may have been used to help fabricate the whole story.

too many problems with this case for me to believe it

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   
I think the one thing that helps the case is the aliens are not the typical pop culture ones that are so often described. It is a shame that some people and researchers only think the "grays" are the only types that are visiting us.

While the case is good on witnesses, it does need some more top ranking people to come out and talk about it. It would be nice to also get some physical evidence on this case. Thank you for bringing this one up. Maybe a smoking gun will eventually blow this one wide open.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
What a great thread OzWeatherman, Star and Flag.

It's true, it is pretty disappointing to only-have witness testimony to back up the case. But there seem to a bundle of witnesses, which certainly makes it worth-more-examining. I also like the correlation and similarity with Roswell. I think what would be most important to try and corroborate; would be to see if any American military or government people were present at the scene. It would be a big piece of the puzzle in this place, if we could definitively establish whether anyone from the U.S government was actually there, then it will bring an important aspect which may further prove the validity of this story.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Majorion

Majorion....

I have a sense that there are 'go-teams' for these kind of events.

Just as the NTSB, here in the USA, have 'go-teams' whenever there is a train or airplane accident.

Call 'em MIB, if you want....they prefer to stay in shadow, IMO.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
I have a sense that there are 'go-teams' for these kind of events.

I too would also imagine that the U.S government and the Brazilian, do have already-established protocols for any situation. But each department has it's own protocol.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Call 'em MIB, if you want....they prefer to stay in shadow, IMO.

Similarly, the witnesses from the Rendlesham Forest case also speak of a few mysterious unknown MIBs (1 or 2 I recall) showing up on the scene. But those guys were reportedly speaking in a British accent. I'm guessing they were MI6

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
Prior to the main incident, NORAD allegedly contacted their Brazilian equivalent CINDACTA, warning them of a UFO coming down over Minas Gerainas. This was information released by two air force employees...

Do we know who these two air force employees are, Oz? Were they American or Brazilian? Who makes this claim?

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Thxx for the thread , I never heard of this before, compared to some other reports, this one is about par for the course, till the higher ups bleed more info to us

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:37 PM
link   
"Unless maybe the military had good reason to shoot these creatures... "

Of course that is a valid point as well. Perhaps so. Still yet, I darned sure wouldn't want children to be throwing rocks at me while I was being held captive in a net. Boy, that would suck.

As far as the numbers, I think it is possible that the same ones were seen several times.

(In response to Savior Complex)

To the OP - I'm going to dig through some reports now.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I didn't have to look very hard afterall. Someone already posted it. Although this wasn't from MUFON.

www.ufocasebook.com...

"The news of his death spread very fast, during the first months of the investigations, according to other sources, which revealed that a policeman had died because of a generalized infection after having been in contact with the ET."

Edit - Thanks to rickyrrr

[edit on 12-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:47 PM
link   

"I also like the correlation and similarity with Roswell."

You can say that again. Look at the dudes name that was in charge at the scene. Major Marcels.
Just sayin.

I actually think the case is fantastic.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:49 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

About the "go teams"... There is no doubt. Look at the Kecksburg case. Military was on the scene before ANYONE. And the nearest acknowledged base was quite a ways away.

It was as if they tracked the thing and mobilized immediately. It traversed Ontario, if I recall. They plotted its course and mobilized.

Funny, this case mentions the same thing. Brazil was notified by American authorities that the craft was inbound.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
You can say that again. Look at the dudes name that was in charge at the scene. Major Marcels.

That's exactly what I noticed as well, LOL. This case at least lends more plausibility to the Roswell case for example, because it raises the possibility of the occurrence.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Maybe Marcels is the pseudonym of one of these MIBs?

But seriously, I love the reports that include these shadowy dudes. A lot of people claim that they aren't human themselves. Nice fireside stories!

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

In the United States, the team was called Project Moon Dust. The Air Force renamed it another classified name after it was found out through release of documents by the Freedom of Information Act.

posted on Mar, 15 2009 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Here's another brief writeup on the Varginha case:

Varginha Alien

An interview:

And another video documentary which has an interview with several eyewitnesses and information about zoo animals which mysteriously died at the time:

posted on Mar, 16 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Heike

Thank you for the videos. My problem is that no official has yet to come forward about this case. Also, no one took pictures of the aliens, even when they were captured? I would think someone would have gotten a camera to record this event.

Basically, it is the word of some young girls, and second hand stories about this case. No physical evidence, or even evidence of a crash of a flying saucer. While the case is interesting, there are many problems with it once one starts thinking about it. Military or police personnel need to come out with corroboration or other evidence to help move the case forward.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join