It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Varginha Case (Brazilian Roswell) Revisited

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:14 PM
link   
I believe Gazrok did a thread on this a while back, but for the benefit of the new members I though I would bring this case back into the spotlight again. Its an intriguing case that involved both civilian and military people and multiple witnesses.

So to start

Varginha, is a city of 120,000 people is located in Brazils Minas Gerais state and the main incident happened in the northern part of the city between January 20-22, 1996

Prior to the main incident, NORAD allegedly contacted their Brazilian equivalent CINDACTA, warning them of a UFO coming down over Minas Gerainas. This was information released by two air force employees, and confirmed on the ground by two eye witnesses. A farmer and his wife allegedly saw a UFO hovering silently over their property.

It was a submarine-shaped "mini-bus" that was trembling like a curtain and emitting smoke or fog as it descended to at least 5 meters above the ground.

A military witness now admits that it crashed and he was part of the debris retrieval. Material was twisted and lightweight.

Shortly after this sightting, the UFO crashed in a park called Jardim Andere, which is situated between two urban neighbourhoods. A civilian from the USA reported that he witnessed a cigar shaped object, being loaded onto the back of a flatbed truck. His description closely resembles that of the farmer and wife.

”Jardim Andere is a district or suburban neighborhood where some houses are under construction. There is a grassy slope toward some woods between this district and the Santana district nearby.”

The following events are spectacular in nature.

At approximately 0800am, a college student, Hildo Lucio Galdino, living in the area, reported that he saw a "small creature with oily brown skin, crouching in an alleway". He further described the creature as having "very small hands with three extremely long fingers, kind of like a starfish,". When Hildo yelled out to the creature, it fled.

There was also this from the fire department

Several calls comes to the fire department (as early as 7:00 AM) about some wild animal on the loose in the northern city-park Jardim Andere, like a jaguar or a peccary. And in a confidential taped interview a sergeant of the firestation confirms that at 9:00 AM the Fire Department of Varginha was required to capture a strange animal in the area. When four firemen arrived in a fireengine, they noticed that it was not a strange animal at all, and they also found the miltary already on the spot. The man in charge who send the four firemen to Jardim Andere to check the situation was Major Maciel. These firemen, at the moment they arrived there, called the major thru radio and asked him to go there too as the situation was more complicated than they thought

Major Maciel arrived on site at approximately 1030am. At that point, military personnel had captured an "alien" with a net. Apparently children were also present at the scene, and were observed throwing rocks at the creature. Soon after the firemen witnessed the creature moved into a wooden box, with a white sheet over the top, to obscure outsiders vision. It was then transported from the area in a flatbed truck.

There were numerous other sightings as well. A lawyer in Varginha who had previously been with the Airforce, witnessed two F-5 jets, in an attack formation, flying at very low altitude. He also witnessed a flat bed truck with army personnel in it and firemen nearby.

Another witness reporte hearing gunfire coming from the woods near Jardim Andere. He then saw soldiers emerge, carrying two "campaign sacks". Another witness actually observed a soldier shooting one of the creatures 3 times in the chest, killing it.

At 1530pm, three girls Lilliane Fatima Silva (16) , Valquiria fatime Silva (14) and their friend Katia Andrade Xavier, were on their way home from work. While walking down a path, one of the girls screamed, and to her left, they observed a creature squatting next to a wall, seemingly injured.

It was squatting, with the long arms between its legs", recalls the girl. "At first I saw the eyes, enormous and red." Frightened, Liliane turned her back to the creature, while her sister Valquiria and her friend Katia continued to observe. "It was not animal or human, it was a horrible thing", says Katia. "It looked dumb, didn't make any noise", adds Valquiria.

When the creature moved its head slightly, the girls become frightened and ran home and told their mother what they had seen. She returned to the area alone, but couldnt find any trace of the creature, apart from a smell similar to ammonia lingering in the air. Other witnesses joined the girls mother later and observed the same smell.

Military movement persisted into the afternoon although none re entered the park, until around 1900pm. A truck carrying military police entered the park again. They reemerged with another captured injured creature (unconfirmed), but were more discreet this time round.

This creature was apparently taken to the General Hospital in Varginhas, but later moved to a more private hospital (Humanitas hospital), due to the fact that it was harder for civilians to observe following events.

According to the witness (a nurse) the meeting culminated with the following statement from the director:

”Here in Varginha there is people who likes to deal with ”cool things”, I mean, supernatural, strange... It is probable that these people will look for you, specially that lawyer Ubirajara. TO THESE PEOPLE YOU MUST DENY EVERYTHING. I mean, do deny.”

As all this going on, two Americans is repported to have checked into a motel closeby to the Regional Hospital with strange equipment. They were later observed both at the Humanitas hospital (with the equippment and a camrecorder) and at the restaurant Churrascaria Gaucha, Avenida Dr. Campos Sales 515 in Campinas late in the evening of January 21. John Carpenter says:
”Americans were known to have checked into a hotel with fake names who were apparently doctors. I know nothing about any equipment or their presence at the hospital.”

The alien, now deceased, was kept at the hospital for approximately 30 hours. It was witnessed by several people, being moved into a vehicle (a truck) and transported to Escola de Sargentos das Armas (ESA), where the military personal was stationed during the whole incident.

There is much more information on this incident around, I just have to find it

Its also interesting to know that the Brazilian military denied everything, and in some case even prevented their own soldiers from discussing the events. Another factor that was of interest was the presence of two Americans that were in the area, and were later observed at the hospital by another witness

Source

www.wufoc.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

Oz, I flagged this for you.....it is exceedingly odd that something so recent isn't getting the attention you would think it would generate.

I've certainly been interested in the UFO phenomenom since my early teenage years...and I fell heavily on the side of ET visitations. Now, 40 years later, I have not been dissuaded despite the attempts at debunking and mis-info that is prevalent out there.

Was quite surprised, after my father died, to find a copy of "The Day After Roswell" by Col. Phillip Corso on his bedside table....I never knew. Perhaps it's genetic?

Puzzling thing ab out this incident is....I've read about many, many potential configurations for EBE forms, but haven't heard of any other describing a 'brown' figure with red eyes. (could possibly have been eyewitness hysteria?) Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker
Puzzling thing ab out this incident is....I've read about many, many potential configurations for EBE forms, but haven't heard of any other describing a 'brown' figure with red eyes. (could possibly have been eyewitness hysteria?) Just a thought.

Yeah neither had I, although there are some similarities in some cases

I think the thing that makes this so interesting is there are so many witnesses with almost the exact same description.

The reason it hasnt been so popular is probably due to the fact that its in a country other than the UK or the USA. Stories like these seem to get less coverage for some reason

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Oh nice post!! I rather enjoyed the whole thing!

I first thought it said "Vagina case" you let me down there

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Tentickles]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:26 PM
link   
no doubt one of ufology's landmark cases and i have always been fascinated by the story.

some healthy skepticism would include the fact that there is no hard proof other than the witness testimony and that has frustrated researchers.

Kevin Randle writes that "this case is as complicated as any other in the UFO field." (Randle, 145) There have been a sometimes confusing series of claims, refutations and counterclaims. Randle notes that there is a lack of physical evidence supporting the case, and adds, "In fact, we have been unable to verify much of anything."

www.theblackvault.com...

Edit: i am just gonna post the link because i don't want to get in trouble for posting a possible fake picture.

www.alien-ufos.com...

[edit on 11-3-2009 by easynow]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

Yes it is frustrating due to the fact that there are now images or anything, but I think having mulitple eye witness accounts that match are acceptable to concerning validility

Where did you get that picture? It looks kinda fake, lol

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   

the multiple witnesses are the only thing we really have for this case and for some that is enough proof but for others it is just a story.

i found that picture on another forum and i don't think i am allowed to link to it so when i find the link again, i will send it to you via u2u

regarding the Military officer that died:

he died from multiple infections attacking his immune system but no link to anything Alien in nature , it still just a mystery for the cause

here is a good write up about it...

www.rense.com...

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:53 PM
link   
This is one of my favorite cases. I'll star and flag it shortly!

Lots of witnesses with similar testimonies.

If we were to except the story at face-value, then I think people can begin to undestand perhaps why these beings don't come down and pay an official visit. Look what happened to these dudes! One was shot in the chest and another was captured in a net while children threw stones at it.

Hell, I wouldn't communicate with Earthlings either. We are a bunch of neandrethals.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I think that a link was made to the guy dying after having touched one of the creatures with his bare hands...
After that, the police and firemen were reportedly wearing gloves.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-in-AR
I think that a link was made to the guy dying after having touched one of the creatures with his bare hands...

Well thats one thing that I never heard about on this case

However I di read they were wearing gloves, but it didnt specify why the gloves were being used.

Interesting

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:39 PM
link   
Fascinating case file thanks for bringing it to the attention of some of us new folk..

Was a little concerned about the possible treatment of the EBE's from the witness statements, would do nothing for relations hey..

Any reason why they would hand over the living EBE's to the U.S??

the 6 living EBE’s were driven to Campinas airport where they were put aboard a twin-engined EMB Buffalo owned by the Forca Aerea Brasileira (Brazilian Air Force) and flown to Sao Paulo, where they changed plane to a U.S. Air Force C-17 transport plane. The aliens were then marched aboard the C-17. And according to sources in the Sao Paulo tower, the C-17’s destination was Albrook Air Force base in Panama

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I may be wrong here, but I think I read that in a MUFON case file.

I'll look for it tomorrow and post it if I can find it again. (I would work on it tonight, but it is getting late.)

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:05 PM
link   
Star and Flag!

First time I heard of this incident.

I wonder why some of these beings were gunned down and others were simply collected by the authorities according to the story, but I would guess the ones hiding almost in plain sight and being passive might have been the females of the species and the most aggressive ones likely males and probably few of the males survived.
Poor things, their ride broke down and they all ended up either dead or captive, if this story holds any truth.
Also I have to notice how plain and ordinary seems the response from the Brazilian authorities contrary to what you would expect in a country like the US. This alone shows how seriously the US government is taking the UFO phenomenon, especially if like the story implies, they station personnel outside their borders (probably military) to respond to such events, probably some kind of experts trained to cope with hazards, I don't believe they have dedicated ufo hunters across the globe, that would be quite a stretch to imagine.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by spacebot]

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   

If we were to except the story at face-value, then I think people can begin to undestand perhaps why these beings don't come down and pay an official visit...

Unless maybe the military had good reason to shoot these creatures...

Originally posted by nosmokinggun

the 6 living EBE’s were driven to Campinas airport...

Were there really six creatures...?

Moffett writes that there have been over half a dozen sightings of the creatures, though "it is unclear how all of these beings could have fit into the minivan-sized spacecraft that was spotted here in January." There was disagreement as to whether one creature had been sighted multiple times, or if several creatures had been sighted individually.
SOURCE

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman
...but I think having mulitple eye witness accounts that match are acceptable to concerning validility...

Not necessarily.

It does not take long for a story to become infected and bloated with rumor and exaggeration.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
These creatures may be able to transmit disease organisms, probably bacteria, to humans. This could be a good reason for no open contact.

If we were to come in contact with them there could be a plague. Just a thought.

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by son of PC

I am from Brazil.

I saw the news when it happen, the girls talking in the television and
the military obviously lying... Major marcel even at one point said it
was an 'exercise' an the "alien" was a midget with severe mental ilness
harassing locals.

This thing still makes me feel bad. Our military behave so nice... I guess
we are conditioned to the silence rotine, because of our bad times in the
60´s and 70´s... no one goes against authority because of that... believe
me, the military regime is one thing that makes anyone here tremble
in fear by just referencing in any conversation....

About throwing rocks.... shame shame shame... stupid people that
me makes me sick. I want to believe that this was an scared fast
reaction, not a conscient one.

Peace,
RP

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

The description of this alleged EBE is consistent with the descriptions of many other incidents especially those associated with the name Chupacabras.

Given that this thing, whatever it was, was captured, one would think there was plenty of opportunity for close examination. If one were to distrust the description of the EBE, one might as well distrust the actual story.

I can't claim to know what kinds of EBE's exist or don't exist. but if one were to judge from the eyewitness testimony, it would seem like there are at least a few different types of beings.

Consider what beings in another planet would report if humans had been visiting them and think of all the different ways that a human can look, middle eastern, Chinese, African, Mediterranean, Caucasian, Hispanic, and add on top of that the variations that exist within each class, Tall, short, with a beard, with glasses. Humans are a great example (maybe the only example available) of how far from uniform an intelligent species looks like.

Given the diversity we have on this planet, there is no reason to expect alien beings to have an uniform appearance.

-rrr

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by OzWeatherman

Well thats one thing that I never heard about on this case

However I di read they were wearing gloves, but it didnt specify why the gloves were being used.

Interesting

About the man who died in this incident: His name is Marco Eli Chereze. There is an interview with his doctor regarding the cause of his death. Although it does not take a wild imagination to consider that he might have caught a disease or toxin from the creature he handled.

www.ufocasebook.com...

-rrr

posted on Mar, 12 2009 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by easynow

I think that this picture is a photo of a statue in a museum or something like that. If the picture actually showed the EBE, it would be in handcuffs, or in a cage or somehow restrained, not sitting there willingly, and there would not be easels showing pictures next to it.

-rrr

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join