It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tigger virus

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Tigger virus

A new computer virus has a funny name but it's the same ol' game.

Now the online crooks have spread a bug to steal your investments as you trade. It's called Tigger.

You may remember Tigger the cartoon character singing, "The wonderful thing about Tiggers is, Tiggers are wonderful things!" Well, the new Tigger that's bouncing around isn't wonderful at all. It's a computer virus that targets stock trades.
(Worldview)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Considering the trouble in the economy right now, the last thing we need is a computer virus that targets stock trades!

An interesting question to consider is this; could computer viruses destroy the American economy? At this point in history it would not require much to bring the system down.

Think of that headline, American economy destroyed by Tigger!

(Worldview)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   
If its targeting stock trades then I don't really call that a virus...its a blessing.
2lips are better then 2 lines.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Yes it's been in the wild for 4 months now, and is believed to have been created by the guys behind the Srizbi botnet which I've heard is behind more than half of all spam

This is good coverage of it, and some solutions to deal with it in reader comments.

voices.washingtonpost.com...

another

www.virtualblight.com...

It's scary to think how it hides from just about all antivirus software
but I assume vendors are or will be updating to defend against it. It makes me think about what else could be out these doing it's think hidden and undiscovered??

One good thing is it seems like this Tigger trojan is being targeted at stock traders so most folks don't have to worry about it......yet. I say that because I'm sure it's just a matter of time before some mutations/variations appear targeted to the masses.

I did see that Avira's Antivir was the only AV software to find it, and someone also mentioned using A Squared with good results so if you're worried or want to check for it try those 2

[edit on 11-3-2009 by warpboost]

join