It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul Introduces Bill to Audit the FED

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+59 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Ron Paul Introduces Bill to Audit the FED

www.freedomworks.org

Ron Paul has introduced H.R.1207: Federal Reserve Transparency Act of 2009 to Congress and it’s been referred to the House Committee on Financial Services. According to Campaign for Liberty, “The Fed has so far resisted attempts to provide information on how it is spending the bailout money and currently dictates how accountable it will be to Congress. Since its creation in 1913, the Fed’s control of money and credit in this country has resulted in a 95% devaluation of our dollar and the piling up, just in the last year, of almost $10 trillion in bailouts and loans.”
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 09:24 AM
link   
Thank you ron paul ... who knows if this will actually pass though ... at least he's doing what the people wish the rest of congress would do ...

Another good thing is:

You can read the whole bill in less than five minutes! Unlike the stimulus and omnibus, this one is short and doesn’t include any pork!

Full Bill Here

www.freedomworks.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
I highly doubt that this bill will pass.
Ron paul can pass as many bills as he wants,they are just going to have more bills to sweep under the rug.
I doubt we will ever see whats in the fed reserve.
Sad but true.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by baseball101
who knows if this will actually pass though

We all know it won't as we all know who controls congress

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Ron Paul is awesome but I think the sad fact is that the Federal Reserve is not federal at all - it's a privately held entity so they don't have to answer to congress or anyone else. We need to somehow do away with them altogether.

I haven't read the whole thing but The Creature From Jekyll Island by G. Edward Griffin lays out the whole sinister plan.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by MetatronCubensis]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 10:44 AM
link   
The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 gave the Transnational Banking Cartel exactly the weapon they needed to utterly undermine the peoples' control of the Republic.

Perhaps they can attach their 'do-away-with automatic pay-raises' ammendment to this bill. Then it will disappear for sure.

We have been at war for our sovereignty ever since the Barons of Industry bought our politicians and media, using higher academicians and elites to create a social honey-pot which those enamored of 'celebrity' simply can't resist. The quest for total corporate domination of planetary affairs has gone on ignored for so long it's pathetic.

The act must be repealed. The FED must be dismantled, and an audit of the nations gold and silver reserves demanded. (But I fear, it's all in Switzerland and China by now - especially after 9/11)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Maxmars]

+16 more 
posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Well my fellow Americans ask not what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for Ron Paul? Very simple...

Write your congresspeople, call your congresspeople, if you are unemployed go sit in the office of their district lobby.

Find the time, make the time.

This might be our one last clear shot to rally behind a legitimate government authority in a bid to do away with something so sinister and damaging to us that it clearly threatens our continued viability as a nation.

Many of you know Ron Paul likely just signed his own death warrant.

The least any and all of us can do is to not make his efforts and potential sacrifice a vain one.

This will likely be our one and only last peaceful chance to expose the representative republic for what it is and restore it.

Ready, set, go!

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Thank You Ron Paul. Someone needs to make the bailout more transparent.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I wish this had an easier way to pass, but I think the government is keeping a lot of congressmen in check. The Fed if audited would be one of the worst companies and I'm sure would be full of fraud and closed down. The Fed will probably do almost everything to stop an audit.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
reply to post by baseball101

All these bills coming out are very vocal in their own way.

It doesn't need to be passed to have the effect on history to record the damage the Feds have done to this Nation.

This bill and all the sovereignty bills coming out are to make a political point and to help people wake up to the truth.

These are having an effect on the Fed and that is why they are accelerating their take over and trying to quiet the media.

As for these latest public and school shootings in Ireland and Alabama - they are going for the gun grab!

That is the reason all these school and public shootings are taking place. I would bet my life that every one of these shooters is on some type of mind altering drug in the Prozac family.

I would also bet that the shooters were given some type of PSY-OPS hypnosis through their own government infiltrated Psychologist to plant the seed to kill - all for the gun grab and gun control bills.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
It's pretty sure not to get far. If for some masterfull reason it does get passed, you can bet it'll be a late night for the bankers. Hell I bet fort knox has one row of gold and the rest are props.

One last thought ~> how many signatures would it take to force the government to heed the will of the people?
Is there a fail safe where a proven majority could bypass government red tape and get answers instead of bureaucracy. Peacefully I should add.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by MacroVisio

It's called a national strike. If the entire citizenry of the nation would simply stay home ONE day; Congress/Senate would crap their pants and threaten to declare martial law

Think about it.

No work means no money for them to play with.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

No work means no money for them to play with.

What do they care...they already spend money that doesn't exist yet.

They'll just add it to the pile of crap that they already have us down for.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
accountability / noun

: the quality or state of being accountable ; especially : an obligation or willingness to accept responsibility or to account for one's actions

It is obvious, to the point of being offensive, that this word holds no meaning anymore.

Rape and pillage and take no prisoners seems to be the mantra of major Fin institutions, lenders, CEO's any any other maggot company that has knowingly destroyed the worlds economy.

Go Ron.

/rant off.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just out of curiosity,

Does anyone know exactly how many pieces of legislation authored by Ron Paul have actually been passed?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:06 PM
link   
This bill will not pass. Why would anyone overturn a stone covering a blackhole?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Good deal, if anything perhaps this will draw some mainstream media attention, although I highly doubt it. Plus, let us not forget what happened to Republican Louis T. McFadden, McFadden’s vocal criticism of the Federal Reserve in a lot of people’s opinions resulted in several attempts on his life before he was finally poisoned in 1936. Let’s also hope that Mr. Paul has good people around him that are looking after his well being.

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I like the idea of a National Strike day, but I think things still (beieve it or not) need to get a whole lot worse before Americans would even consider that possibility.
It is sad, really.

Like another poster has said, Ron Paul has likely just signed his own death warrant. This is also sad.

Edit - Actually I take that last part back. Nobody would kill Paul right now. His supporters would take to the streets. And others would also.

It would be tragic.

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Control for a short period of time... Eventually the people over take the oppressor, just ask the king of france.

Originally posted by Maxmars
The Federal Reserve Act of 1913 gave the Transnational Banking Cartel exactly the weapon they needed to utterly undermine the peoples' control of the Republic.

Perhaps they can attach their 'do-away-with automatic pay-raises' ammendment to this bill. Then it will disappear for sure.

We have been at war for our sovereignty ever since the Barons of Industry bought our politicians and media, using higher academicians and elites to create a social honey-pot which those enamored of 'celebrity' simply can't resist. The quest for total corporate domination of planetary affairs has gone on ignored for so long it's pathetic.

The act must be repealed. The FED must be dismantled, and an audit of the nations gold and silver reserves demanded. (But I fear, it's all in Switzerland and China by now - especially after 9/11)

[edit on 11-3-2009 by Maxmars]

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

I think a large following of american citizens would be open to the idea of a National Stike Day. To be honest most folks are looking for an excuse to take a day off of work anyway, now we can provide a good reason for doing so.

I purpose that the first National Strike Day be 3-19-09. No specific reason for the date other than it gives us a week to spread the word. A couple of chain emails will flow thru corporate america faster that most would think.

All in favor say "I"...

If the "I"'s have it then I'll draft/post a general message for others to attach to a chain message and distribute. Using a secondary email account is recommended so that you do not get yourself in trouble at work...

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join