It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Question: Does the Federal Reserve Print Money At Will, Or Does The Gov't Give Them The Order To

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:03 AM
link   
I ask this question after an ongoing debate here between myself and my father and stepmother. I am of the mind that the government commissions the Fed. to print more money as needed. However, my stepmother insists that the Fed. prints money at will and is at fault for the dying dollar....which I honestly find ridiculous, as I think that the two go hand in hand.

Can any of you experts weigh in on this with some hard evidence?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 02:15 AM
link   
I am personally of the mind that the Fed. prints money at the behest of the federal government. These massive stimulus packages aren't coming out of thin air for one thing, and for another the Fed. makes a profit off of every dollar printed so regardless they are making money. Your thoughts?

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:13 AM
link   
The Federal Reserve prints money at will, and Congress simply borrows from them. That is why there will always be more debt than actual capital in the money supply.

That is the way fractional reserve banking works, you cripple whole Nations that way so that only a selsct few actually own the Country.

It is a disgusting facade.

"The modern banking system manufactures money out of nothing. The process is perhaps the most astounding piece of sleight of hand that was ever invented. Banking was conceived in iniquity and born in sin. Bankers own Earth. Take it away from them, but leave them power to create money, and with the flick of the pen they will create enough money to buy it back again.... Take this power away from them and all great fortunes like mine will disappear, and they ought to disappear, for then this would be a better and happier world to live in. But if you want to continue to be slaves of the banks and pay the cost of your own slavery, then let bankers continue to create money and control credit."
-Sir Josiah Stamp,
director of the Bank of England during the years 1928-1941

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
The answers dont matter if we dont ask the right question.

Excellent question !

Many people believe what we are seeing is a battle between those that print money ( Federal Reserve , House of Rothschild/Bank of England ) and those that decide what money is worth ( Governments and Individuals).

There is a very long History behind what constitutes money, who creates it, and who decides what its worth. It really begins with the Knights Templar who created the system of using IOU's (the modern system of using checks or credit cards) in place of actually carrying gold or silver around to pay for items and services. The Knights charged a very small fee for this, but became so popular they quickly became the wealthiest group in Europe and scared the Church and Royal families enough that they were murdered on Friday the 13th of the year 1307, which is why we still think of Friday the 13th as unlucky.

However the system they invented lived on and was copied by various governments and banking systems until the Bank of England created in 1694 truly became the template for modern Banking. The Bank of England financed wars, exploration, drug cartels, everything under the sun and bacame fabulously wealthy and powerful.

Skipping ahead to 1913, the USA accepted the Role of the Federal Reserve in place of Central National Bank. Until this point various incanations of Banking systems and Government issuing dollars came and went, however it was always under the control of the Government.
The Federal reserve is a foreign entity both private and public, a very complex system interlocked with public banks controlled by private banks controlled by European Banks, mainly the Bank of England.

This system evolved to fractional banking, whereby 100 dollars held as asset by the bank can be leveraged to represent 900 dollars. This leveraging was mainly responsible for the credit bubble in the roaring 20's and the cause of the great depression when the bubble burst under market realities.
US congress passed the Glass steagal Act in 1934 to prevent banking system from creating and also investing its own credit (regulated investment banking). in 1999 President Clinton and congress repealed regulations that restricted banks from creating and investing their own credit lines.
This allowed Fed Banks to freely "print" and create credit (money) backed by no asset or value, the banks called these financial derivatives. There was no market for these derivatives except between banks themselves, packaged and resold to each other. This market created massive amounts of credit based on nothing more than entries on a bank ledger.

It is estimated the Bank of England has up to $USD 500 Trillion in derivatives on its books at this time. There was over 2 trillion removed from US financial system in 2007 and 2008 by the federal reserve and sent to Europe, most believe this was interest payments on the derivatives held in Europe. The Fed has consistantly refused to divulge any information regarding this transfer of wealth.

So the short answer is the Federal system prints money at will, while the american taxpayer is the underwriter and insurer of last resort ( AIG + banking bailouts ).

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Google "Modern Money Mechanics" printed by the Federal Reserve I think in the early 70's, Also watch Zeitgeist addendum it explains it pretty well. What I don't get is how/why our country gave away the power to print money to a privately owned bank that YOU and I cannot invest in. Andrew Jackson is turning in his grave.

Sailor

posted on Mar, 11 2009 @ 07:24 AM
link   
They don't just print money, as far as I'm aware. The government gives the Federal Reserve an I.O.U. for whatever amount they want first, and then the money is printed by the Federal Reserve. The only problem with that is that the government is not on your side, so they don't care how much money is printed. Therefore, they print I.O.U.'s as fast as the Federal Reserve can make money backed by nothing.

top topics

join