It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Britains UFO files fly into cyberspace

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:56 PM
link   
THE SUNDAY TIMES APRIL 18th 2004

"Thousands of classified documents detailing ufo sightings and alien apprations across britain are to be made public by the ministry of defence"

"The documents are expected to include aphotograph of a UFO taken near Pitlochry, Perthshire in 1990. The picture was so convincing that ministry officals who were unable pinned it up in their office"

"The best medicine we have against the idiocy and lunacy of conspiracy theorists is by making everything availible"susan blackmore ufo investigator

"now they can spend endless time sifting through the mods paperwork and they will find the truth that were alone in this part of the galaxy"

Cant belive this aint up already you guys are useless!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Do you have a link to these documents?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Old news, its suprising what you can find in the MoD declassfied
im looking forward to viewing the new content

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
search for the newspapers site and they might have something on but i dont know.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
I also find it funny that this woman calls conspiracy theorists idiots, then goes ahead and says "We are alone in this aprt of the galaxy."

I bet she's qualified to make such a statement

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:06 PM
link   
are you qualified to make a statement about her being qualified eh?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ferretmaster

I'm on the internet, I can say whatever the hell I want.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"I'm on the internet, I can say whatever the hell I want."

amen brotha!

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

LOL that shall go down in history Esoterica and if i was a mod i would applause you just for that quote

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by infinite]

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
I can't find the original Sunday Times story.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

ferretmaster, could you please post a link?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:45 PM
link   
i dont have a link i read it out the newspaper i could scan it in if i can be bothered

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 06:52 PM
link   
April 18, 2004

Britain's UFO files fly into cyberspace
Mark Macaskill

THOUSANDS of classified documents detailing UFO sightings and alien apparitions across Britain are to be made public by the Ministry of Defence.
The files, some of which have languished in the ministry�s top secret archives since the 1940s, will be declassified later this year.

Senior officials at the MoD have ordered the papers� release to pre-empt a flood of requests from UFO enthusiasts and conspiracy theorists under new freedom of information legislation, which comes into force in 2005.

The documents are expected to include a photograph of a UFO taken near Pitlochry, Perthshire, in 1990. The image was so convincing that ministry officials, who were unable to discredit it, pinned it up in their office.

The findings of an investigation into a famous UFO sighting, above Craigluscar reservoir near Dunfermline, Fife, are also expected to be released.

In addition, reports into unexplained activities in Bonnybridge, Stirlingshire, will be declassified. The extent of sightings led to the area being dubbed the Falkirk Triangle.

More than 200 files will be published on the MoD�s website. They contain thousands of documents, including photographs and sightings by military personnel, airline pilots, the police and public. Some of the UFO reports are corroborated by radar images.

MoD staff are currently sifting through the archives and plan to publish their files by the end of the year. From January 1, 2005, members of the public will have the right to access information held by public bodies under the Freedom of Information Act 2000.

�In the midst of reams and reams of reported sightings from the public, there will be some real gems, including hard core sightings which have defied investigation,� said Nick Pope, former head of the MoD�s Secretariat (Air Staff) 2a office, which handled UFO inquiries.

Scotland has the highest concentration of UFO sightings in the world, with 300 reported close encounters each year.

The widespread public interest in UFOs is expected to generate a flood of inquiries. When files on alleged UFO activity at an American military base in Rendlesham Forest, Suffolk, were published on the internet in November 2002, the site attracted more than 30,000 hits within a few months.

The release of the MoD documents could, however, sound the death knell for those who have tried to prove the existence of extra-terrestrials.

Susan Blackmore, a UFO investigator, welcomed the decision. �The best medicine we have against the idiocy and lunacy of conspiracy theorists is by making everything available. Now they can spend endless time sifting through the MoD�s paperwork and they will find the truth � that we�re alone in this part of the galaxy.�

Yet experts predict not everybody will be deterred by the publication of the previously classified files.

�With the die-hard conspiracy theorists you simply cannot win,� said Pope.

�They will still insist the real secrets are hidden in a dusty drawer.�

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

"The best medicine we have against the idiocy and lunacy of conspiracy theorists is by making everything availible"susan blackmore ufo investigator

"now they can spend endless time sifting through the mods paperwork and they will find the truth that were alone in this part of the galaxy"
Susan Blackmore is and has forever been a skeptic. She's also a psychologist which means her credibility in debunking UFOs is highly dubious. I would have loved for her to have a talk with the late atmosphereic physicist James McDonald who actually did have the qualifications to debunk UFOs.

[Edited on 18-4-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:19 PM
link   
I belive in unidentified flying objects some times i see frisbees i think whats that flying through the sky is it it a boomarang wot? see unidentified

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 01:36 PM
link   
[Edited on 19-4-2004 by Jeffrey]

posted on Apr, 19 2004 @ 03:28 PM
link   

That is the most obnoxious, arrogant quote I have ever read!

What a narrow minded little fukker she is!!!

HOw can this possibly be a truth anyway? Does she think we have chartered our galaxy? Does she even think we have chartered our Solar System? Or our own fukkin planet, for fukks sake!

I would be so so so so happy to have her face rubbed in this quote one day.

This has made me really angry

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Your Manchester United signature reminds me of the Euro96 semi-final between England and Germany. The commentator said something like - "Shearer and Kuntz are combining in the penalty area." (I THINK it was Shearer, but I can't remember). And I thought - "It's lucky that it wasn't Seaman!" Cos if it was Seaman, he would have said - "Seaman and Kuntz are combining in the penalty area."

posted on Apr, 20 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Esoterica

Not when there are moderators around.

top topics

join