It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cities Built On Water

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Japanese are thinking about building a Mega City Pyramid It would be 2 km high, house 3/4's of a million people and it will float!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/de68901d6e25.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0811e34d4eaa.png[/atsimg]

And in true Japanese style it's gonna be built almost totally by robots. I hope I live long enough to see that (I will cut the ropes to shore when everyones asleep and steal me a mega city
)

posted on Mar, 13 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   
I have nothing against building cities on water. What I do have against is some of the comments on this thread that are obviously misinformed aboutö.

Great work that is, to build cities on water as central spacing on citiees becomes extensively costly.

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 07:38 AM
link   
It would be very interesting if these floating cities were mobile. I wonder how they would decide when to move home?

"Right everyone majority vote is for going to stay in singapore for the next two years anyone with major objection?"

I suppose going on holiday would be out of the question you could come back and find your whole neighbourhood had gone of without you

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Cauch1

I very much doubt that they will be mobile in that sort of sense! (but that would be very cool) More like 'flexible' if you catch me... But I can also see a possibility of massive structural failure and big time loss of life
never a good thing! - But would make for a kick ass film!

posted on Mar, 14 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

It has to be made flexible or it would break appart. Has to being able to be mobile, il would be very complicated. Moving a offshore platform to it's working place is a pretty big endeavor, it takes a number of tugging boat, so moving a entire complex of various structure attached togheter would be very complicated. As for security of a complex like this, it could also be problematic, the place chosen must have very calm sea.

Just look at the history of the Ocean Ranger, a offshore platform who sank in 1982 with all 84 aboard.

videos here : archives.cbc.ca...

history here : en.wikipedia.org...

I'm sure I already saw a vid of a platform capsizing a few years ago, might still find it on YT.

Salute

posted on Mar, 17 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Seems like a good idea, and in an earlier thread somebody mentioned the venus project idea, and these cities maybe acting out new forms of living as described in the venus project and the new zeitgeist film.

I will point out though, that the project described in the new zeitgeist film seems to be not only a new form of living but in my mind an intellectual collective of people who can live together, and also add to the community not drag it down to the depths of how some people live.

Therefore these cities in the ocean, cut off from land, and home to the selective few, will allow those selected to take the new life ahead into the future, leaving those not selected ot live a life far worse and be easily led into wars and self descrution, so that the new people from the floating cities can then one day return to the land that has been cleansed and take it from there.

I always wondered how they where going to bring in the new life on earth, when seemingly anybody could get dragged into the cull that will go on for some time on land.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join