It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Powerful sandstorm hits Riyadh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Powerful sandstorm hits Riyadh

Today, at lunchtime 12.15 pm, one of the strongest sandstorms in decades hit the Saudi capital Riyadh.

It was filmed by a BBC viewer, Matthew Thomson.

Mr Thomson, who filmed this from his office on the 56th floor of Kingdom Centre, said the storm took around 10 minutes to pass over the city and reach his building.

He said: "In a matter of 30 seconds or so, visibility dropped from miles to just a few metres completely obscuring the view to the street below."
(Worldview)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

[edit on 10-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
This hit today, March 10th, at noon. From the reports I am getting it is still going on. However, the reports I am getting are delayed and therefore the storm could be over by now.

The pictures are amazing and you can see them at the Worldview blog. Here is the link
Worldview

(Worldview)

[edit on 10-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Wow!! No thats what I call a sandstorm. I was pretty surprised when I saw the photos.
Thanks for the info Op

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Finally! I posted a story before someone beat me to it and someone said thanks! The ATS crowd is hard to beat and even harder to please

Trevor

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
It's pretty cool when they roll in like that. We've had two in the last week here where i'm at, in Iraq. The worst part, it's not even summer yet. It's gonna be a dusty one this year!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Are you in the military? I am in the Air Force, currently stationed at Dyess AFB.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Saudi....isn't that were they just punished a 82 year old lady for having two men come to her house???(40 lashes and 3 months in jail!!!!)

Woow...talk about karma!!!

Isn't life just fun sometimes??

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow it just goes to show you how small and insignificant we really are on this earth. Great photos.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Drive through that and you'll be primed and buffed for a new paint job. lol.

Incredible pictures... absolutely amazing!

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
For all the horrible stuff they do, Allah brings them something to remind them who is really in charge, this is karma fro the little old lady and the genocide in Darfur!!!

[edit on 10-3-2009 by antar]

join