It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2nd Loud Boom Rattles Windows in NY Suburb

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   

2nd Loud Boom Rattles Windows in NY Suburb

wcbstv.com

There's been another loud "boom." This time it rattled windows in parts of Rockland County.

Nanuet resident Keith Wallenstein said the mysterious noise woke him up at about 5:15 Monday morning and sounded like someone had flown an F-16 over his house.

An earlier loud "boom" heard in Westchester County early Saturday might have been a meteorite.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
maps.google.com

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
Anyone know what's going on here? I've read about shaking in California, shaking in Australia, and now "booms", or shaking in New York. There has been lots of reports of brightly streaking objects in the skies recently, ones that don't seem to be intelligently controlled vessels, possibly meteors? Are debris still falling from the two crashed satellites?

Linked below the mapped points of places where news reports were received. Significant amounts of mileage in between some of these places.

I find it interesting.

wcbstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:26 AM
link   
It could very likely be debris falling the satellites. Although, I don't think that they would make homes shake. I hadn't heard anything about booms and shaking at all. When did the first boom happen in New York?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:49 AM
link   
From what I can see in the article, the first "boom" happened Saturday around midnight, correlating to a sighting of a bright object streaking across the sky.

The second boom occurred early Monday morning.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by octotom
It could very likely be debris falling the satellites.

Unlikely...

COSMOS IS FALLING: The first fragments of shattered satellite Cosmos 2251 are about to reenter Earth's atmosphere. According to US Strategic Command, fragment 1993-036PX will reenter on March 12th, followed by 1993-036KW on March 28th and 1993-036MC on March 30th. These are probably centimeter-sized pieces that will disintegrate in the atmosphere, posing no threat to people on the ground.

Source: spaceweather.com

Anyway, most of the debris is so small it would not make it far enough into the atmosphere before being completely consumed to make any sonic booms. An outside possibility at best IMO.

Originally posted by octotom
Although, I don't think that they would make homes shake.

Correct in this case, although in cases where large peices of debris survive reentry and create sonic booms, those booms would easily be capable of making homes shake.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
If I had to guess, I'd say small meteors. Either that or somebody is digging a big hole for their fallout bunker.

top topics

join