It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dis information the biggest fraud and enemy !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 02:19 AM
link   
I was thinking about what kind of dis info there is out there, why the UFO community is so destroyed by these information's out there.

Every information is different and there is a huge variety out there.
Its like drowning in a information, and it feels like playing Russian roulette with information bullets and dis info bullets.
Except you don't die out of the information, you just get out of track.
The thinking track that might cause fear and panic within you.

What if the dis information is aimed to make the people believe in the opposite direction.
What if they make the debunkers look like idiots to make the other part look more believable because the debunker looks like a idiot.
People have a tendency to aim for the more popular person when the other one makes the mistake trying to defend the outrageous claims by saying stupid things like " it was swamp gas".

And by doing so they can make the believable part more dis informed by changing some of the aspects.

And by doing so you might be on the right track leading to the truth, but what if the truth is dis informed by something close to the truth.

And one thing i must say is NEVER believe in fear based conspiracy or truth information. Fear makes a lot of people ignorant. Fear can lead on wrong track and it is the easiest way to control the mass population.
An example of fear based conspiracy guys is david icke , he might be on the right track but he also can give you dis information by fear as i mentioned.

An example of disinformation is the Travis Walton case. Because i have heard and read more than 5 versions about that story. Just check out the movie Fire in the sky and you will have dis information .

Disinformation is the biggest enemy to the UFO community.
It requires a lot of social engineering when this is done.
The human perception is one of the biggest enemy we have.
Becasue we see the outside and not the inside.And our perception is based on the outside By that i mean we don't see
the information inside of the object or person.
You might see a smelly drunk bum but he might have more information than you and might be smarter.

Well i will leave it there and see what you guys think about the dis information out there. Am i right or wrong ?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 04:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reckon
I was thinking about what kind of dis info there is out there, why the UFO community is so destroyed by these information's out there.

Every information is different and there is a huge variety out there.
Its like drowning in a information, and it feels like playing Russian roulette with information bullets and dis info bullets.
Except you don't die out of the information, you just get out of track.
The thinking track that might cause fear and panic within you.

What if the dis information is aimed to make the people believe in the opposite direction.
What if they make the debunkers look like idiots to make the other part look more believable because the debunker looks like a idiot.
People have a tendency to aim for the more popular person when the other one makes the mistake trying to defend the outrageous claims by saying stupid things like " it was swamp gas".

And by doing so they can make the believable part more dis informed by changing some of the aspects.

And by doing so you might be on the right track leading to the truth, but what if the truth is dis informed by something close to the truth.

And one thing i must say is NEVER believe in fear based conspiracy or truth information. Fear makes a lot of people ignorant. Fear can lead on wrong track and it is the easiest way to control the mass population.
An example of fear based conspiracy guys is david icke , he might be on the right track but he also can give you dis information by fear as i mentioned.

An example of disinformation is the Travis Walton case. Because i have heard and read more than 5 versions about that story. Just check out the movie Fire in the sky and you will have dis information .

Disinformation is the biggest enemy to the UFO community.
It requires a lot of social engineering when this is done.
The human perception is one of the biggest enemy we have.
Becasue we see the outside and not the inside.And our perception is based on the outside By that i mean we don't see
the information inside of the object or person.
You might see a smelly drunk bum but he might have more information than you and might be smarter.

Well i will leave it there and see what you guys think about the dis information out there. Am i right or wrong ?

Is this disinformation ?

Seriously tho , can you give me an example of disinformation , anything at all like someone who was caught deliberately lying ? Anything ?
What do you believe to be lies?

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 05:35 AM
link   
Simple solution: learn to distrust those who try to make a profit. Especially if you consider Hollywood movies (like Fire in the Sky) to be a possible source of information.

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 07:28 AM
link   
Most stuff offered as evidence is not evidence at all, let alone disinformation.

An example: someone who claims their father (neighbour, acquaintance, you get the idea) work at Roswell and confirmed there was a ET vehicle crash, but did not release the verbal information until the first hand witness passed away.

That is not evidence, not corroborating or otherwise. It is here say. It may also be an amusing story but for the purposes of UFO investigation it is useless and should be completely disregarded.

This "disinfo" problem would not exist if we just used proper criteria in assessing so called "evidence."

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Hoaxing is the biggest form of disinformation there is! This broad canvas also includes faux contactee's and channelers. Not only do they give debunkers an easy day at the office, but they set up a situation where the 'real' evidence becomes guilty by association in the eye of the general public. The signal gets lost in the noise.

Serious UFOlogy suffers for the indulgences of these people.

IRM

join