It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cheney: 'Survival of civilization' at stake

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 10:55 AM
link   
MT69: you make it sound like i'm sitting around "listening to hard rock and bad mouthing my country"...no, sir. that's not the case. i love my life here in the US...but, regime change and war for purpose of resources won't get my support. not that it matters. i wish our nation could focus on creating a more inclusive society and cure our own economic issues. such as, the rise in unemployment and the decline of stocks and by all means create some growth. there are more issues than this war facing Dubya. I wish he could see past his treasoneous advisors and do something more than spill rhetoric about saving civilization and save america. whoa...

so, you won't consider my suggestion? it'll be very pretty here (midwest) in a few months maybe a trip to middle america will do you some good.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Middle America. Beautiful place, a feeling of security in the Middle America area.
That's where I'd attack next, so as to remove that silly sense of security people feel there.

While you keep thinking its about taking resources (no reason to believe that as we've never stolen from a conquered nation before have we? MAybe a few Fraulines taken as wives, but hey!) while those who wish us harm continue to work toward your locale.

posted on Feb, 3 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I lived in "Middle America" (central Illinois) from the 6th grade through High School. I later worked and lived in North Dakota for 4 years after college.

I think "I know about Middle America."

[Edited on 3-2-2003 by MT69]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ocelot
Reiterates U.S. reserves right to act unilaterally against Iraq

ARLINGTON, Virginia (CNN) -- Vice President Dick Cheney reiterated Thursday that the United States reserves the right to act unilaterally against Iraq, and said that U.S. efforts against terrorism could affect the "survival of civilization itself."

Here is the rest of the story:
www.cnn.com...

[Edited on 1-2-2003 by Ocelot]
I've never heard of any "weapons of mass destruction" being found in Iraq as of yet.

Notice, also, in the article about Cheney trying to "blanket" the messages of U.S. acting unilaterally, by including softer tones of clean-air solutions, passing laws banning human cloning, tax-cuts etc. for the unemployed.

[Edited on 3-2-2004 by IMMORTAL]

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Since western democratic capitalism is civilization these days and headed by the US, I have to agree with Mr. Cheney's argument.

Still waiting for a better system.

posted on Feb, 3 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by MT69
Yeah, let's allow Arabs/Muslims to unleash WMDs in London, NYC, Paris, etc....and see how well civilization takes it. (rolling eyes)

So they're Arabs and Muslims now? Not just terrorists?

Whoever said that these Arabs and Muslims as you call them have WMD's?

The only people with the will to use WMD's is America because America is the true Terrorist.

<< 1   >>

join