It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Police Officer Shot Dead In Northern Ireland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Police Officer Shot Dead In Northern Ireland

news.sky .com

The officer was killed after being called out to the predominantly Catholic area of Lismore Manor in Craigavon, County Armagh.

A spokesman for the Police Service of Northern Ireland (PSNI) said: "We can now confirm that one police officer has died following a shooting incident that occurred shortly before 9pm in the Lismore Manor area of Craigavon."
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:21 PM
link   

The attack is reported to have happened as the officer and a colleague were sitting in a car.

This one looks like an assassination of someone in uniform - regardless of the person who is wearing it, in the same way as the 2 army lads shot a couple of days ago.

I really hope this is not a return to the bad days - although there is nowhere near the amount of support there was at some points now a days... Northern Ireland has changed so much - these guys are trying to put that back a bit.

news.sky .com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9/3/2009 by Now_Then]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

They just won`t have the support of the community . And that is why they would love for the PSNI or the British Army to lash out , in the hope that it sows some discontent .
This is a true test of the main parties Sein Fein / DUP and the SDLP and UUP ....... they will have to resist the urge to score cheap political shots off one another.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
This happened 1/4 of a mile from where i am now. Funny thing is...

Approx. 2 hours before the shooting, my missus said to me 'did i see that'? SHe said she sya a flash outside. we went to look and saw an army helicopter with a hugh searchlight, checking a whole adjacent area some 2 mile wide. What's kinda unsual with that, is they used a searchlight, whereas usually, they use heat sensing equipment.

The whole thing is a crap situation. We are in a mixed religion relationship. Me being Protestant. We live in a Republican area. So know we gotta think about moving home. Just in case.

the problem now is, that although all political parties, & community showed unity today, if this goes on, Unionist politicians will demand the Army back onto the streets. Sinn Fein will be forced to withdraw their support, as their community will demand the soldiers leave.

And let's not forget loyalist paramilitaries. They will see it their duty to defend the crown forces. I.E. Army & police.

Let's hope it's not back to the terrible times of the past.

take care
Wayne

[edit on 9-3-2009 by reiki]

top topics

join