It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chinese Work To Develop Copper Mine In Afghanistan Under U.S. Protection

page: 1

join
share:
BFO

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   

CHINESE WORK TO DEVELOP COPPER MINE IN AFGHANISTAN UNDER U.S. PROTECTION

communities.canada.com

Jonathan S. Landay of McClatchy Newspapers was in the Jalrez Valley reporting on how the U.S. Army is providing security for China’s attempts to get at one of the world's largest unexploited deposits of copper…….in a hotbed of the Taliban insurgency.

Mr. Landay notes that U.S. troops set up bases last month nears a road that a Chinese firm is paving as part of a $3 billion project to gain access to the Aynak copper reserves. U.S. troops have also have expanded their presence in neighboring Log.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.corpwatch.org
www.eurasianet.org
news.bbc.co.uk

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Chinese Military 13 million strong?
China invades Africa?
Clinton’s Visit To China, Motive? - Above Politics 54

Mod Edit: All Caps Title

[edit on Mon, 09 Mar 2009 19:59:46 -0500 by MemoryShock]

BFO

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:57 PM
link   
Most people could care less where Obama was born, which seems to be more of a problem to me than the fact that the very US Constitution that requires ANYONE who holds the office of President of the United States to be a "Natural Born US Citizen" has no provision to ever allow the people to verify it.

I am more bothered by the fact that he is sending tens of thousands of US Troops into Afghanistan, when he built his whole campaign as the "Peace Candidate".

Plus, US lives are on the line to protect Chinese mining interests there:
communities.canada.com... otection.aspx

I find it remarkable that basically ANYBODY who ran against the Republicans in 2008 was a shoo-in. But, as fate had it, we ended up with someone whose loyalty to the people of the United States continues to look more and more like a betrayal of the trust of the voters, Natural Born Citizen or not.

I know the "birthers" seem more concerned about his undisclosed loyalties to the Muslim world. But, when you look at what he is doing to support the New World Order, it is the Chinese who are the ones poised to usurp the resources and, literally, the life blood of the citizens of the US.

Why is no one even asking why the Chinese do not provide their own security for -their- imperial designs? They have a lot more soldiers than the US does.

No doubt, it is related to the debt that the US incurred from the Iraq war in the first place.

However, as much as I hate to admit it, I don't think that GW would have ever done something like this. Having US Troops protect Bechtel or Haliburton, sure. But help the Chinese with -their- imperialist projects, I don't think so.

The US is between a rock and a hard place between the Republicans and the Democrats. If the US does not do something about it, it will be no more than the culling ground for troops enforcing the economic policies for the New World Order.

communities.canada.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by BFO

I have a feeling that letting the Chinese mine the copper and us providing protection for them will please them enough to continue to buy our debt for a little while longer.

Although I don't know how much longer because everybody is running out of money.

As far as where he was born I care a lot about it, and if he would just release his birth-certificate it would end the whole thing.

America is not America anymore, where the government for the people by the people is no longer valid. The supreme courts said US Citizens have no standing which is a bunch of bull#.

It is okay though it will all come to light in due time.

BFO

posted on Mar, 19 2009 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hastobemoretolife
reply to post by BFO

I have a feeling that letting the Chinese mine the copper and us providing protection for them will please them enough to continue to buy our debt for a little while longer.

I think that there is so much hatred against Americans in Afghanistan in recent years, the Chinese would have a better chance of providing their own security without loss of life.

I think the Chinese are really rubbing America's nose in the debt we have incurred. And it is not necessary for Americans to put up with it.

As I understand it, the Chinese bought 30 year bonds, I think, possibly underwritten by AIG actually. For anybody who has been paying attention to their 401 plans, the Bonds have continued to make money while stocks and mutual funds have plummeted.

So, the Chinese hold the most secure investments America has to offer at present. What is the problem? Bonds are easy to sell at more than what anyone paid for them regardless of when the purchase was made.

The Chinese economy is inter-dependent with America to buy the cheap stuff they make. They are plenty smart enough to understand this very well. Unfortunately, they are plenty smart enough to know that we can be taken advantage of in this way also.

Why should they use their Military when they can let us continue to make the Afghanistanis hate us more in the process. So, finally when the mine becomes productive in a few years, THEN they can waltz in (actually I don't know if waltzing is a good metaphor for the Chinese - anyway-) and the Afghanistanis will welcome them, the way they would have welcomed us after we helped them drive the Soviets out. But our Government in it's great wisdom blew it back then. We helped the Muhadjadeen and they actually liked us back then. But, we abandoned them and we turned Osama Bin Laden into a terrorist because of it.

Oh well, live and learn -NOT.

top topics

join