It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mexican President Declares Martial Law

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Mexican President Declares Martial Law

www.foxnews.com

Video only on Foxnews- 3/9/2009
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
This looks ominous. Hard to believe we have let it get this bad right in our own backyard. With all of the violence pouring over the border and now, the entire country is in chaos, what will the US response be? I hope this is quashed quckly, this could escalate into a much broader military-involved situation. Thought, anyone?

www.foxnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Greyslayer]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:43 PM
link   
Is this "almost" or what? Geraldo (and his mustache) are on the front lines of this. I did not see the link/headline on the linky you provided.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:50 PM
link   
If Obama was thinking properly he'd have some of our Iraq troops sent to the border.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Greyslayer

Very fast find my friend ty, I think they are down playing its effect on El Paso, time will play it out

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
nothing in your link has anything to
do with Mexico

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This is my first post, Appologies. Just trying to figure out how to link the video from Fox's page. Any help would be appreciated, Thanx

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 03:59 PM
link   
It's not the whole country, it's Juarez, a city bordering El Paso.

And no, I'm quite sure the Mexican military is capable of eliminating them, that's why they've locked down the city. All the US needs to do is keep their border manned so the criminals can't flee across the border. (Which is something you're supposed to be doing anyways).

Entire country in chaos... heh... That's what watching Fox will do for ya.

But it's your first post, so it's excusable... word to the wise, when dealing with news coming from Fox, find another source to base your opinions on, Fox has a way of... playing on the imagination and stretching the truth.

[edit on 9-3-2009 by johnsky]

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:00 PM
link   
What section of Fox News? I can't find what your talking about....

link   
try this

www.foxnews.com/video2/video08.html?maven_referralObject=3790697&maven_referralPlaylistId=&sRevUrl=http://www.foxnews.com/world/index.html#

[edit on 9-3-2009 by Faiol]

link   

As mentioned...not the entire country.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Faiol

Hey, Thanks, Faio. I guess I got all excited that I found this and didnt bother to figure out how to post it properly. You deserve more credit than me, now.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
You know what I find odd is that our guy comes back from Mexico City meeting to brief the prez and the next day this comes out.

Oh and by the way Juarez isn't the only place in Mexico having these problems it is all over the country!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
I think we should first start in our side, take a look at this:

Ariz.: Gun dealer sold to Mexico gangs

PHOENIX, March 9 (UPI) -- An Arizona man accused of supplying assault rifles to Mexican drug cartels faced trial Monday on forgery, fraud and money laundering charges, prosecutors said.

The trial of Phoenix gun store owner George Iknadosian, 47, was set to begin Monday in Maricopa County Superior Court, where state officials have accused him of selling more than 700 weapons to "straw" buyers he allegedly knew to be fronts for Mexican drug cartels, The Arizona Republic reported.

The weapons allegedly sold at Iknadosian's X-Caliber store included high-powered guns of the kind frequently used by drug gangs to overpower Mexican federal police, the report said. Authorities told the newspaper they hope to crack down on the flow of weapons to Mexican cartels by targeting illegal sales at U.S. gun stores and gun shows.

Observers said the case is unusual because it involves cooperation between Mexican and U.S. authorities, with Mexican prosecutors sitting in on suspect interviews and providing materials for the case, the Republic reported.

Source:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by johnsky

There are INNOCENT wives, mothers, brothers, fathers, dying and you sit making terrible comments like the one you did, you should feel ashamed of yourself. Ignorance is not bliss.

As long as you think so limited about your fellow man and the innocents caught in the cross fires, karma will come back to roost in your life, think of the people you love most, think of them being involved in this kind of tragedy and how it will feel to you to read comments like the one you posted, very mallo!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Jarocho96

I can definitely see this as being a catalyst to locking down arms sales to American citizens.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I just got back from there a few days ago! And yes it is going on all over the country!

It is a mess and there are a lot of very good and hard working people down there that are very worried.
This could turn into a real mess and do it very quickly, so I hope there is someone keeping an eye on this.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jmurman
If Obama was thinking properly he'd have some of our Iraq troops sent to the border.

...which would be unconstitutional.

We have a national guard and a border patrol for that. We do not need to throw out our founding document and principles in over-reaction to a limited action by Mexico; handling this situation on the US side of the border requires clear thinking and a solid policing strategy, not US military involvement.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Seems Like after we clear the barbage from the news, it's just more of the same...

I don't want to derail from topic, but want to make some thought exercise, and just throw some questions..

Is it PRACTICABLE to 'marshal law' a big city like, say, the City of Mexico?

I mean, is it possible to make such a move? How many people (soldiers, law enforcements) are required?

How about for the whole country?

Peace

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 03:37 AM
link   
My only question is, how does this relate to the US and their current shrugging off of the responsibilities on this side of the border? I find it infuriating that our leaders (OBAMA) are turning a blind eye to this entire fiasco
! How many innocent lives have been taken so far this year alone?! We need to step it up and help out, at least on our side of the borders before this turns in to an all out war (which it pretty much is at this point IMO).

I have to disagree on it happening all over the country of Mexico, however. A friend just recently moved back to the US from Guanajuato (which I understand is the geographical center of Mexico, more or less?) where he lived for the last few years. He claims that he never once saw any kind of drug or cartel related activity, no cops, no military. He did say it was rather rampant closer to the border, but he said from his experience living there, it wasn't something that happened miles from the border.

However, I do believe martial law is honored in this kind of execution of it. I don't think Mexican leaders are trying to control their citizens but are trying to make it harder for the cartels to get what they want.

My two cents on this issue...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join