It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military Presence on the Streets in Rhode Island ?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:31 AM
link   
I'm in Rhode Island also. Haven't heard or seen anything, but also haven't been near that area

I can tell you this, the weekend weather was unseasonably warm for this time of year, high 60's. I'm thinking donations (like the firefighters) or probably just drills... I was in the guard and we would do our hikes on main roads weapons in hand (plastic ones LOL) and people would stare and think their was something going on..

I checked the malls for FEMA trailers, and nothing. I will ask my neighbor, he just got back from overseas and see if anything is going on that he knows about...

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
There is a recruiting office in downtown providence where theres alot of troops constantly around.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by squidboy

Uniforms, Bright Orange Vests, Berets....

mardi Gras

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by squidboy

Please make note that my friend (coworker) also contacted the North Providence Police in regards to his sighting. Here is part of his twitter message:

"Just a curious resident wondering what the purpose of the Military presence on Smith Street is"

No reply from the police.

When I went out at 5pm, I didn't see anything (not a soldier), but no worries I will have my camera tomorrow on my way to work. So in 3 different locations of Providence (miles apart) Soldiers were seen standing guard. Also there were soldiers seen driving in unmarked newer model non military Jeeps. Word is they pulled over a few drivers....

A few questions.

Why would the police fail to respond? Why would the "troops" be pulling over civilians? What should a driver do if "troops" try to pull them over?

Seems like if anything resembling "authority" tries to make a traffic stop, it should be authorized or known by local police. Otherwise, it could be the perfect setup for carjacking, kidnapping, robbery, rape or murder.....

If true, this whole situation has a bad smell about it .........

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I am getting tired of stories like this. NO pictures from anyone!! Just hearsay. So and so talked to so and so. Right

All of these people saw the same thing at different times and locations and no one took a picture. Practically every cell phone on the market today has a camera feature (fitness centers ban cell phones because of this) and no one took a picture. Hmmm...

If you are going to post this type of hype on ATS you had better have your ducks in a nice neat row. ATS members will pick you apart.

No corroborating evidence?? No story!!!!!!!!!!! Hey "I'll get pictures tomorrow" does not cut it. Nothing in this story adds up. IMO the OP is searching for suckers or points.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Slightly off-topic:
We should get used to calling Blackwater by their new sheep in wolf's clothes name: Xe (pronounced "Zee")

The controversial security firm Blackwater, involved in the shooting of Iraqi civilians, is changing its name. Company President Gary Jackson says "effective immediately" the name for the firm's parent company has been changed to Xe, pronounced "zee". Subsidiaries of the U.S.-based firm are also being changed, with Blackwater Lodge and Training Center, best-known for preparing workers for overseas operations, now to be called the U.S. Training Center

Link

Now zey zound like ze cuddly furry animals zat need protecting.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:24 AM
link   
To reiterate what was said before. If you see them again take note of:

Type of fatigues (uniform)
Boots same color as uniform
Patches on collar (for rank) and shoulder (for unit)

According to what type of unit the soldiers are attached to they can wear desert camo as their "uniform of the day." Also, if a service member IS out directing traffic they will typically be wearing a "road guard" vest of a bright (orange or yellow) color with reflectors on it. They did on my base at least, both civilian police and MP/MAA.

If they don't have unit/rank patches on the uniform, they aren't military. If their boots aren't the same color as the uniform, they aren't military. Also the "pants" would be tucked into the boot. Their last name will be patched onto the uniform above the left breast. The service they're in will be patched above the right breast (U.S. ARMY, etc). That's about all I can think of at the moment.

GET PICTURES NEXT TIME!!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 08:28 AM
link   
OP sounds suspect to me.

The phrase by the Soldiers "The System" sounds too much like a badly written conspiracy theory. The military is trained on Opsec and would just say, "The System oooh, aaaah!" They would say "Just a standard Operation mam" or "Just a training exercise."

Now, I would be worried if they didnt have any weapons. They are the Military! Not the Cubscouts.

Desert Camo? Ok, that doesn't sound anything like what the military looks like today with its Fractals. More then likely, they were OPFOR for an exercise, or pretending to be OPFOR for an urban excercise. Did their covers have a red star on it? Did their name tags (covered by vests) have US ARMY or OPFOR?

This smells like a badly written and researched attempt at fiction. However, If not, then its still suspect as all the information is 2nd and 3rd hand. Which is admissible in a court of law as not reliable.

I have heard that their is a Military Unit Stationed in the region against the Constitution. Meaning their mission is totally domestic. Could be them training or at least making a presence. So that when something really happens, you wont care. Kinda like seeing police all the time.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Komodo
the only thing I would think it might be is, if it's the bank, and the Fed's are taking it over, providing more personnel as a pre-caution *shrug*

I seriously doubt it's the NG, hell, Bush/Guili didn't even call them out for like a week after ground-zero on 9/11
Plus, it would have to be a state of emgency to call them out on the street; but, hey, who knows with the NWO?

Well, as far as it being the Fed taking over a bank, we just saw a story on the MSM last night about exactly how they do it. They wait until the bank has "closed" and the last customer has left. A couple of FDIC folks go in, locate the manager and inform them what's going on. Once the bank is aware of this, the rest of the "team" comes into the bank and they get busy. The team consists of accountants, people who specialize in bank management, etc. Doubt very seriously that they would need troops to do this.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Kliskey

It has been a few years since I saw a British soldier. Thats why I said I could be wrong. It looked familier to me and British soldiers was the first thing to come to my mind. Hell, it could have been South American Guerillas for all I know.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oakenfury
To reiterate what was said before. If you see them again take note of:

Type of fatigues (uniform)
Boots same color as uniform
Patches on collar (for rank) and shoulder (for unit)

According to what type of unit the soldiers are attached to they can wear desert camo as their "uniform of the day." Also, if a service member IS out directing traffic they will typically be wearing a "road guard" vest of a bright (orange or yellow) color with reflectors on it. They did on my base at least, both civilian police and MP/MAA.

If they don't have unit/rank patches on the uniform, they aren't military. If their boots aren't the same color as the uniform, they aren't military. Also the "pants" would be tucked into the boot. Their last name will be patched onto the uniform above the left breast. The service they're in will be patched above the right breast (U.S. ARMY, etc). That's about all I can think of at the moment.

GET PICTURES NEXT TIME!!

No more Desert Camo for soldiers. We have ACUs and tucked in pants don't mean anything, I went to a concert and a guy with 30 piercings in his face wore desert camo blouse and trousers tucked into a pair of cochrans.

For all I know the OP described this guy with a bunch of his buddies.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
im farmiliar with providence, lived thewre for 15 yaears. 99 pct of all the banks are downtown. if someone posts to say they are at washington, or dorrance, or weybosset st then they may be going for the banks. very random spots the op sez they are at. north providence has nothing. besides the edge of p.c. and thats a religous college.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
The situation is either a training exercise or the Military Police are helping out with something. If you are to believe the donut shop clerks, it is the latter. It sounds as though the police aren't talking so maybe it is as a result of something thay did or didn't do.

ANG units can be called up by the Governor at his discretion.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
rhody is known for corruption at its highest levels. jeez, the mayor of providence had his limo driver (a providence cop) hold a guy down while he beat him with an ashtray, cuz he thought his wife was cheating on him. so i would bet its something of the cops "not" doing

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by DisobedientCitizen
That's very odd, but as the internet saying goes, "pics or it didn't happen".

They say a picture is worth a thousand words, or is it a thousand ways it can be proven to be a fake?

You ain't seen nothin' yet.

Unless something changes dramatically and soon you will likely not need proof of urban military preparations, you'll see it first hand.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

I agree these stories drive me up the wall. What with my mothers brothers nephew said he saw such and such. But oops no pictures or details.

For the love of which every deity you worship try to treat each incident (if at all real) as a possible historical record.

1. Describe the participants in detail
2. Avoid 3rd 4th and 5th hand wittnesses
3. In this age of telecomunications where my 60+ year old mother can send me photos via the mobile phone. I find it hard to believe you have no photographic evidence.

Must be all the floride in the water.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:51 AM
link   
in the op sdefense we should at least give him til a little after work tonight. he did say he would get some pics aon the way to or from work if i remember right. then we call shennanigans!

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I have an idea, if it concerns you so much.
Pick up the phone, and call the national guard, and ask them why there soldiers are standing in the middle of the road directing traffic.
Im fairly sure they will tell you.
Or, instead of leaving messages for the Police on twitter, which they probably only check once a week.
Try calling them and asking them.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:16 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptainCaveMan

Indeed.

On the same note... every time I go to the airport I see guys in military uniforms with their bags and walking around.

Seriously, as a firm believer in the NWO, I am not alarmed at the mere site of military personnel in a city. There could be an infinite number of reasons that are not sinister what so ever.

Until they make check points and start rounding up the citizens I do not see a need for alarm. From all military personnel that I have heard speak on this specific subject I would never expect this to happen.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 11:49 AM
link   
Couldn't the questioning motorist also be answering questions? As far as the hiding of the " firearms " seems like that wouldn't take place. We don't get all fearful because we see a cop with a gun. Why would Military be any different?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join