It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My dog is acting very strangely.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:58 PM
link   
I have never seen her act like this before and she's eleven years old. She is panting and nervous. She won't eat and seems to be on high alert. Usually she sleeps most of the time. What tops it off as unusual is that she jumped on my bed when I tried to take a nap -something she never does.

Was wondering if anyone else's critters are acting different.

I live in the Midwest U.S.A.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady
I have never seen her act like this before and she's eleven years old. She is panting and nervous. She won't eat and seems to be on high alert. Usually she sleeps most of the time. What tops it off as unusual is that she jumped on my bed when I tried to take a nap -something she never does.

This can relate back a recent thread I responded to yesterday that there is supposed to be a "big earthquake" centered in northern california within the next 15 days (this is all predictions and theories no actual evidence, though california is over-due for a major earthquake). My guess is since animals can pick up these things before Humans can then perhaps that's why your dog is behaving the way she is. I'm not at all sure though.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady

how long has this behaviour been happening for?

If your dog has stopped eating, and seems agitated take it to the VET.

Animals do not respond to pain and sickness in the same ways as humans, my own dog was happily running around till a week before she died of a lung tumour.

link   
There was an EQ in Oklahoma earlier today (Mag 3.4), may be something bigger coming. Be safe!

-Kdial1

[edit on 8-3-2009 by kdial1]

link   
well you do have the New Madrid Fault Line there in the Midwest... wasn't that supposed to have made the Mississippi flow backwards when she last went?
Still you might want to check This Map to see what your risk is

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:01 PM
link   
When you get Earth Quakes in Australia you just know the world fault lines are in for one hell of a jolt. We are a reasonably stable region apart from a few known hot spots like Meckering in W.A. and yes something is about to let go I would expect.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:34 PM
link   

I hope it turns out to be nothing and your dog is fine. Please keep us posted.

Animals are very in tune with their world. It's always wise to pay attention to them.

They aren't called man's best friend for nothing!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   

There was some earthquake action today in Oklahoma.
Maybe it is setting something off on the Madrid faultline?

Date-Time

* Sunday, March 08, 2009 at 13:06:39 UTC
* Sunday, March 08, 2009 at 08:06:39 AM at epicenter
* Time of Earthquake in other Time Zones

Location 35.447°N, 97.457°W
Depth 5 km (3.1 miles) set by location program
Region OKLAHOMA CITY URBAN AREA, OKLAHOMA
Distances

* 1 km (0 miles) S (174°) from Smith Village, OK
* 1 km (1 miles) WNW (287°) from Del City, OK
* 5 km (3 miles) NNE (26°) from Valley Brook, OK
* 8 km (5 miles) ESE (119°) from Oklahoma City, OK
* 301 km (187 miles) NNW (348°) from Dallas, TX

Location Uncertainty horizontal +/- 6.4 km (4.0 miles); depth fixed by location program
Parameters NST= 18, Nph= 18, Dmin=144.3 km, Rmss=0.59 sec, Gp= 97°,
M-type="Nuttli" surface wave magnitude (MLg), Version=T
Source

* USGS NEIC (WDCS-D)

Event ID us2009dyaq

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I also live in the midwest, Missouri, and my cats are all freaking out for the past few days.
One of my cats literally was running up one of the walls yesterday.

They've been fighting each other, which they normally dont do. But, I just contributed it to the warmer weather, spring fever.

If your dog isnt eating, maybe she's ill?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Just a reminder.

Put everything near your bed - just in case.
- purse - keys - warm clothes - and * especially shoes -

I live in SO CA . - We sort of plan for this every night.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
i live in the mid-west too (chicago). my sisters cats (2) have been acting pretty strange. the younger one (almost a year) is usually running around inside but has been active only outside. The other cat is seldom active but has been more active in general (almost 2).it happens for a few weeks at a time.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:09 PM
link   
I find it quite natural for your dog to behave strangelly.

Without getting into too much detail and whether something is wrong with your dog, is it just me or all the more people behave strangelly latelly?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

i think i know what you mean. can you give an example?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Hey,

I have kept a very close eye on anything related to quakes, since Dec. of last year.

I have found a few message boards.

It seems there are some major symptoms right now from sensitives.

Also, a person who listens to earth waves - has gotten two huge readings recently, he is expecting something to happen in the Pacific. Another person is has been spot on - in how ever he does it (I think - listening to radio waves) says there is going to be a huge quake tomorrow in SW Pacific. (I am watching that, due to those whales beaching).

Honestly, I have also been watching boards of "predictions" - I ignore the vague etc. But there is one person is has also been spot on, and post things a year before things happen. Anyway, the person posted, today, that our economic problems will be the least of our worries, we are going to be having some major upheavels - nature soon.

I have also wondered about what is happening with animals in various places, and the New Madrid area. I have been worried, due to other reasons too.... which I won't get fully into.

Stay safe, and it never does hurt to be prepared at all times, for upheavels. No matter where anyone is.

I hope your dog is feeling better and calms down naturally.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Another 1evel

loss of appetite for work, feeling weak, insultive behaviour, dissorientation, unwillingness to cooperate/elaborate, sudden changes in mood, reluctance, loss of interest in things, loss of trust, isolation, ego.......the list goes on and on.
I encounter just about everything around me.

This is backed up by searchfull mind within ATS that just confirm that there is general stir and that something is on. It is a relief that i am not the only one to sense this agony, that it is not me being paranoid..

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Bandit is acting OK now. She ate her dinner and is resting. Hopefully, whatever it was that had her acting spooky has passed. Thanks for the interest. I do live about 15 miles from the Mississippi River.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I know someone who predicted the '89 SF earthquake months before. She kept telling me that it was coming. Animals are extremely sensitive to the earth - they have a very strong survival instinct.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by GEORGETHEGREEK

i know what you mean. i thought it was just me and i, like you, wanted to make sure i wasn't being weird myself. i noticed memory lapse too.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 10:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sad_eyed_lady

Oddly enough, yes, our cat, our dogs, and our cattle are all acting strange. We live on 300 acres. Our Malies are howling a lot and are very cuddly lately. The biggest one (140lbs) she won't leave my son's side. He's home schooled and she sit in his room at his desk if he comes to the living room she goes with him.

Our other Malie gets up on her house and howls. She's not in heat (fixed). Our cat has stopped eating her food, we've changed food, she won't eat. Took her to our vet, he says she is healthy. She goes into our barn and mouses all the time (don't worry she's vaccinated).

Our cattle stay in the north pasture, they are not as docile as normal, mostly Herefords, a few Angus, and Limos. They hop the fences a lot now as well. Our pastures are fine, plenty of hay, our her size is well below carrying capacity and they are all healthy. Just acting odd. But then again so are the coyotes.

top topics

join