It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran test-fires new missile: media

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Iran test-fires new missile: Media

www.reuters.com

TEHRAN (Reuters) - Iran has test-fired a new air-to-surface missile, Iranian media reported Sunday, in the Islamic Republic's latest display of its military capability.

The missile test was carried out despite the offer by the administration of new U.S. President Barack Obama to engage Iran in direct talks if it "unclenches its fist."

Iran's Fars News Agency said the domestically produced missile had a range of 110 km (70 miles) and was designed for use by military aircraft against naval targets.

"Now these jet fighters have acquired a new capability in confronting threats," the semi-official news agency said. Iran's Press TV initially said a long-range missile had been tested, but later also used Fars' way of describing it.

Iran often stages war games or tests weapons to show its determination to counter any attack by foes such as Israel and the United States.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Use The Exact Title From The Source Article.

*Revised* - Instructions for the Breaking News Forums

[edit on Sun, 08 Mar 2009 12:47:39 -0500 by MemoryShock]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:43 PM
link   
well, well, well. there is only one more step more Iran can take. I mean buying S300 from Russians. Deal is already made and Israel is ready for attack.

look also the link to the thread here to find more info about S300:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I am really afraid that the attack on Iran is imminent. the time is now. later Israel is not going to have the really good explanation for it. and they want to do so, see:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

there is no real danger coming from Iran, see link here: www.abovetopsecret.com... )

but the game now is to:
1 - make it unable for Russians to control that source of gas and the last possible transit path of gas from Caucas
2 - Israel of course has its own evil goal we spoke on ATS many times already
3 - the economical problems will free a lot of violence anyway, Bilderbergs has asked themselfes already some time ago - why not use it and win more money from, instead having own bussinesses destroyed by the riots and unrest?

it is the good time for WWIII to start for everybody. and IMO this was a issue, they were all refering to (I mean Brown, Powell, and others) when they said something big will happen on the begining of Obama's period.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by czacza1

In the event that the US was to attack Iran, it will be just like Iraq. This will not be WWIII. Saddam Hussain used to kick Irianian Butt all the time, the US devestated Iraq in a short air campaign (occupation hasn't gone so well), Iran would be crushed by an US assault.

Israel will not take any action on Iran without a) US approval and support, and b) if Iran was a real threat to Israeli security.

What makes all you people think that Israel is this aggessive nation. Every war that Israel was involved with was started by one of its Arab neighbors. Each war Israel fought against its Arab Neighbors was either started directly by Egypt, Jordan, and Syria (See 1948 war and 1973 Yom Kippur War), or were in response to obvious overtures or war (see 1956 and 1967).

In 1956, France and England actually joined Israel in the war against Egypt becasue of the Nationalization of Suez Canal.

So, in conclussion, if Israel was to launch an assault against Iran, its because Iran is ready, or close to ready for military action agasint Israel.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
^ Exactly. I mean if the goal is NOT to try to OCCUPY Iran but just bomb them to oblivion and decimate their military, then that could be done relatively quickly and easily.

Too many people on here are confusing that with regime change which would be completely different.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   
1.) Iran is not moving to attack Israel. It is the other way around. Israel is trying to scare the world with lies about Iran and nukes. Iran does not have any nukes. They are not currently capable of making them. The IAEA which inspects Irans nuclear facilities, has clearly stated that Iran does not have any weapons grade material nor are the making any. The US Secretary of Defense recently stated that Iran is no where near having Nuclear weapons any time soon. Remember the lie that got the US into Iraq? Weapons of Mass Destruction. Are you so ready to swallow another lie about Iran having nukes???? Israel IS the aggressor as they are the ones calling for the military attack in the first place. Iran is only showing Defensive capabilities. The Russian deal is for Defensive anti aircraft rockets. Iran is not in any way making moves to attack Israel.

2.) Global Fire Power ranks in terms of Military Might, Iran as number 16 in the world and Israel as number 26. It will be no cake walk for Israel. They do not even have the capability to fly non stop to Iran at this point. They would need refueling along the way. Iran has a very large and capable military, with modern weapons. This is not Gaza where Israel can illegally drop white phosphorus on women and children. Iran has the means to defend itself. Russia has also stated that if Iran is attacked by Israel, they will assist Iran. Israel needs to back off and end the aggression or they may find out that they have stirred up bigger trouble than they can handle. It is unlikely that the Us would be so willing to get involved in another military action in the MId East at this moment in time. Particularly when one considers the reason Israel is giving for the need to attack, is a complete fabrication.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Terapin

I do agree with you. I did stated that I do not belive that Iran want to attach anybody. and I also think that it will be the pretty ugly war for Israel, even with the help from US. China showed clearly that they are standing behind and won't let their bussiness to run away without thrie engagement.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this information. I am following the story at the Worldview blog as well.

Worldview

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by finemanm

I can not agree with you. first the situation worldwide is different, and second Iran is a different case as Iran with Russia behind.

and real threat? was an Iraq real threat to anybody?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just came across this report that may add to the discussion:

Israeli Intel Says Iran Capable of Producing Nuclear Bomb

A top Israeli general says Iran is capable of producing a nuclear bomb.

Israel's military intelligence chief told the country's Cabinet that Iran has crossed the "technological threshold" of nuclear capability. Major-General Amos Yadlin said this does not mean that Iran actually has an atomic bomb, but that it has the expertise and materials needed to build one.

So how long would it take Iran to acquire the bomb? Israeli analyst Barry Rubin says time is running out.

"There is a big gap between material and bomb," said Barry Rubin. "But basically, people who are well-informed estimate that Iran will need between 15 months to over three years."

Rubin says that is a significant timetable considering there is a new administration in Washington, and in a few weeks, there is due to be a new government in Israel.

I have posted the story on the Worldview

You can also read about this story at this Link: Israel

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Like i have said before,there will be no War with Iran in my eyes..i think Israel lost their chance quite a while ago.They will soon have to deal with a new big power in the ME and bite their lip on the matter.

[edit on 8-3-2009 by Solomons]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Forgive me if this is a dumb question, Who will be the new big power in the middle east?

Thank you

[edit on 8-3-2009 by tsrk30]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

just few days ago there was an announcement from some US military spokesman stating more less the same.

that is a suspicious coincidence that it is all coming to the MSM now. and Russians are also not sleeping. few weeks ago they declared the gas union with Iran. when you add the pretty surprising offer coming from Obama to Putin that for helping to deal with Iran, US is going to forget the shield program in Central Europe (Poland and Czech Republic) - the offer without any chance to be succesful - than you make your math, add 2+2 and you can find out, that the whole issue can be close to come out of the shadow for good.

these are speculations but I belive that the whole case is not going to de closed without the big bang.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by finemanm
In the event that the US was to attack Iran, it will be just like Iraq. This will not be WWIII. Saddam Hussain used to kick Irianian Butt all the time, the US devestated Iraq in a short air campaign (occupation hasn't gone so well), Iran would be crushed by an US assault.

Yeah, care to do a History lesson on that?
Keeping in Mind Iran and Iraq war was Long and bloody with Iran just coming out of a revolution pitched against Iraq which was was being armed and supported by a range a of countries like the US and others. diplomatic and weapons.

yet they were still able to hold their ground.

Iran arent like their arab neigbours and unlike them have shown that they arent relient on others to arm them selves, this isnt 30 Years ago

Unlike Iraq

Iran hasnt been under UN sanctions and have acquired weapons systems over 30 years from China, Russia and other countries, they also produce their own systems.

Prior to that they also have US made weapons and UK

Iran has enough Missiles to attack back at Israel and Israel know that, they also have enough missiles to take out US vessels in the Gulf

they may not win a war , but they would last longer then Iraq and be able to punch back before going down.

Israel will not take any action on Iran without a) US approval and support, and b) if Iran was a real threat to Israeli security.

No its the Other way round, the US is the bitch of Israel
and the Israelis know this, hence why they can dictate what the US forign policies (example Israeli prime inister telling the US president to veto the very same resolution the US tried to get everyone else to vote for)

What makes all you people think that Israel is this aggessive nation. Every war that Israel was involved with was started by one of its Arab neighbors. Each war Israel fought against its Arab Neighbors was either started directly by Egypt, Jordan, and Syria (See 1948 war and 1973 Yom Kippur War), or were in response to obvious overtures or war (see 1956 and 1967).

Israel attacked pre-emtvily and with that attacked a US vessel aswell.
Israel has shown how aggressive it is when it Kills hundreds of Civilians and even says it will stick with dispropriate actions.

It has also Threatend to attack Iran on several occations.

In 1956, France and England actually joined Israel in the war against Egypt becasue of the Nationalization of Suez Canal.

what does this have to do with Iran?
do they look like Arabs

So, in conclussion, if Israel was to launch an assault against Iran, its because Iran is ready, or close to ready for military action agasint Israel.

Israel has been saying the same crap for years that they would attack Iran,

in conclussion Israel arent that stupid to take action against any country that has the capibility to attack back.

aka look at NK and the US (north korea could nuke the west coast)

[edit on 8-3-2009 by bodrul]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

what kind of superpower you are talking about? can not figure out any except Iran which would not be in control by the west world.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Don't be surprised if you see Israeli soldiers dressed up as Iranian military in speed boats opening fire on US ships.

Oh wait, that sounds too much like cheneys plan.

Some how Israel is going to make it look like Iran attacked the US, Israel will pick the fight and then stand back, While the rest of the world is watching the US v Iran, they will just wipe out the Palestinians and move on to the next.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Just in case some of you missed this report:

11 Hours ago:

Israeli Aircraft Strike Gaza as Militants Launch Rockets

GAZA CITY, Gaza Strip — Hamas security officials say Israeli aircraft targeted a Gaza City warehouse in a nighttime airstrike.

The officials say the warehouse was empty and no one was injured.

The Israeli military confirms the strike, saying the target was used by militants as a weapons warehouse. The military says aircraft also struck two smuggling tunnels under the Egypt-Gaza border.

The story has been reported by Fox at this link: Gaza

I have also posted the story at Worldview

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tsrk30

The Israeli military confirms the strike, saying the target was used by militants as a weapons warehouse. The military says aircraft also struck two smuggling tunnels under the Egypt-Gaza border.

Food can be used as a weapon and sometimes is used as a weapon, so technivcally Israel is right saying that they took out weapons warehouse.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
Food can be used as a weapon and sometimes is used as a weapon, so technivcally Israel is right saying that they took out weapons warehouse.

we seen what food does

if a pretzel can do that
imagine what a loaded tray of rice can do,
just the thought of the damage is mind bogling

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by tsrk30

Notice how it is Israeli officials who swear that Iran is close to having nukes. The IAEA (International Atomic Energy Association) is actively inspecting Irans nuclear facilities. They are there, on the ground, in the buildings, and have installed a great deal of monitoring equipment. They state very clearly that Iran does not have any Weapons grade material and is not making any.

Israel is making up lies to push their agenda. It is that simple. Stating that Iran has enough material to make a bomb is meaningless. Iran has enough material because like most nations, it is in the ground. That does not mean that they have weaponized the material which is difficult to do, takes a great deal of specialized equipment, and takes time. Wal*mart has enough material to make a bomb. That doesn't mean that we should attack Wal*mart does it? (not withstanding Wal*marts evil nature in general)

One should point out that Israel refuses to sign the Nuclear Non Proliferation Treaty and does not allow any inspection of their facilities.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Two words....Who cares? Its when they test a missile by dropping it on another country is when I care. Until they attack another country I really dont give a fly &*$# what they test and dont test. This sounds like the war drums being banged to me.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join