It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W Bush League

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:49 AM
link   
So...why does the President warmly embrace the brutal Communist dictatorship of China....and at the same time denounces a democratic process in Taiwan? (referendum). What happened to the basic freedoms supposedly cherished by the USA?

Why did the President denounce Cuban leader Castro, and at the same time welcome the Chinese communist dictator Jiang Zemin into his Texas home?

Whose side is Bush on anyway?

And why does he still have ANY support in the polls? Americans are obviously a bunch of simpletons.

(P.S. Vote for Ralph Nader)

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
Usually I would give you the "Don't ask questions you can find on google" picture but seeing as you're new I'll lay out what I know. Maybe it will help ya out. China is huge, we can't invade them because the by the time it took to kill their army they would have a whole new army from the next generation. Yeah it would take that long to kill them all, could you imagine the cost in bullets! So where does that leave us? Nuclear war. (no one will win that)
We are fighting China but it's more behind the seams until around 2012 when we have full missile shield capability, than I think things will get hot. We need to be friendly with them to control them, get them involved with western commerce, we can also benefit from that. But all and all at this point in time if we're going to fight China it's going to be like when we were fighting the Russians. Sending in spys to disrupt their infrastructure, fighting wars (like in Twain) by providing weaponry to the opposing side. Supporting Pro Democratic movements inadvertently.

So you see we are trying to avoid a direct war with China for the good of the world so we can avoid a nuclear war basically. Any more questions?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
As JohnSMITH said, China is a nuclear power. You don't # with nuclear powers. Same reason we ahven't done anything to N. Korea. Not only do they have nukes, they have a leader who is insane enough to use them.

Anyway, the only way china is communist anymore is pretty much in name.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 02:35 PM
link   
Basically, China and North Korea are on borrowed time. We can't fight everyone at once. I firmly believe those countires will be dealt with in due time.

top topics

join