It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anti-Israel protest staged at Sweden tennis match

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

why is it a jew on ATS can tell what anti jewish is and being against Israel?

Is it against ATS terms and conditions? I somehow missed it. And i do not know how anyone can say that demonstration was not anti-Israeli. They protested against low level of professionalism of Israeli team?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge
Is it against ATS terms and conditions? I somehow missed it. And i do not know how anyone can say that demonstration was not anti-Israeli. They protested against low level of professionalism of Israeli team?

nobody spoke of t&c, it's about your logic, or lack thereof

let me ask you

are these people anti-semetic?
www.smh.com.au...

AND

I anxiously await your answer!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Mine lack of logic. Hmmm. Let me see - i wrote (it is there , you can read it. Nah, i will quote it too. Really, it is just several words ) :

However it has nothing to do with genocide - there is no genocide. It has nothing to do with antisemitism - it is against Israel.

Source - me ,page 1.
Is it lack of paying attention to details maybe? Or lack of reading the post?
And how me being a Jew (God forbid) suddenly disqualifies me from making judgement on issues of antisemitism (sorry, the term was first applied to Jews guys) and anti-Israeli demonstrations. Or posts. Or threads.
So - as for your clip:
Let me repeat myself for third time:
It has nothing to do with antisemitism - it is against Israel. There are Jews who are anti-Israeli. And? At least they are allowed to have their opinion on issues of antisemitism or Anti-Israelism?

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ZeroKnowledge

actuily i was trying to compliment you on the fact that
you can tell whats being anti jewish is and being against a country and its actions

where i have seen most people who are none jews seem to scream anti semetic when you say anything against Israel

but see it as you wish

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hello friend!

I don't defend Israel in any way! - their actions against the Palestinian people is very cruel, It just makes me sad to see that the terrible devolpments in the world has also reached the sports and the sport arenas.

I think the actions & politics against the people in Palestine is awful, and I feel sad for the average & innocent people on both sides.

In wars there are no winners!

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroKnowledge

Let me explain patriotism to you

being a patriot is being pro-your people, pro-the economy of your country, and pro-your country.

Patriotism NEVER means pro-corrupt govt. of your country!

Your govt. is defaming your country to the fullest extent, they are the ones that are anti-israel

perhaps one you will learn the true meaning of patriotism and no offense... but grow up. And that's a critique of your way of thinking not you yourself.

Team Israel?
war is horrible
sports competitiveness is healthy

can't believe there's people misunderstanding the two

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
In wars there are no winners!

no there are winners friend
there's select individuals that get more powerful and more rich

but that's irrelevant and a mistake on my part to call it war
it's not war, it's something else

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Israel is no different than any other country who does things the world doesnt like and that includes the US. The Israeli government and their actions has been negative in the eyes of the world hence the treatment. Happens to us over here in the US all the time so this isnt an anti semetic issue as the OP would like everyone to believe.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 05:25 PM
link   
Ok. I took several deep breaths and decided to drop irony. Somehow i do not understand other people posts and my posts are not understood by others.
So - a conclusion.
Bodrul - everyone can say here what he thinks. And others can tell him that he is wrong. And he can say to others - but this is like this. And they can say - no, it is like that. So i really do not think that crying antisemitism is forbidden even when it is wrong.Or crying genocide even if it is wrong. Hope we are clear on that.
ModernAcademia - anti-Israeli demonstration was protesting Israeli tennis team playing in a tournament against Swedish tennis team at Malmo. All the games (5 of them) were without crowd due to those protests. How it got down to my patriotism analysis and team Israel - i do not know.
There. Now i go to sleep (deeply puzzled by what just went on here).

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solomons
reply to post by internos

Hamas have asked Israel for peace talks and the Israelis refused,after hamas won the election (which was funded by the EU) and declared democratic and fair i might add, they asked for talks with Israel,both Israel and America turned round and declared them a terrorist organization and refused to talk with them or even aknowledge them as the rightful government.

So i have to talk seriously, and i would have preferred to avoid to do it. When did Hamas asked for some PEACE talks, may i ask? Talks with whom? Some official, diplomatic way? After having been elected? Or before? And if before, then when? And if after, then when? To whom? How? Hamas has refused to recognize the right of Israel to exist, it has been one of the first actions they took after the Palestinian legislative elections that took place on 2006, so i have some doubts about the fact that they expressed the will to talk peacefully with some counter-part of which they refuse to recognize the right to exist. Unless you are talking about their statements after Cast Lead: but that was a cease fire proposal, one of the dozens ones, NOT a serious PEACE talk proposal. And if you REALLY know Hamas, all the networks linked to it, then you know also that during the cease fire time they would have kept getting weapons from Iran, Syria, Lebanon, Egypt and (when possible) Jordan. To be available do talk after launching missiles targetting civilians means nothing, or better, sounds like a JOKE. And please let me clarify that i am just trying to look at the facts in some unbiased way, despite i feel way closer to palestinian people (MANY of them i know and i've been living with) than Israeli ones, but i try always to UNDERSTAND what is going on. Israel exists: its right to exist, its behavior and MANY other things are higly questionabe but to try to discuss politics by killing civilians does NOT help, because paradoxically enough such a behavior forces U.S. to protect them even more. We can discuss about its boundaries, about the part of palestine or lebanon they have STOLEN, about the children that they have KILLED, about Barghouti 's detention, or the disgusting and ILLEGAL embargo being imposed to Palestine, because these are FACTS. But please dont tell me that Hamas represents the good side of the conflict, because Hamas is one of the CAUSES of it, together with Israel, but not less of course, and the only Hamas' target is to drag as many countries they can within the conflict. Hamas not only has no future, but is impeeding palestinians to have one despite the rare international efforts being put in order to give to Palestine at least some appearance of being a civil country with schools, water, food and all the rest, which they would deserve, they have the RIGHT to get, but they can't achieve anything of that because of Hamas and Israel playing their wargames.

[edit on 8/3/2009 by internos]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join