It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russian media teases Clinton over 'reset' button

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Russian media teases Clinton over 'reset' button

news.yahoo.com

MOSCOW (AFP) – Russian media has been poking fun at US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton after she gave her Russian counterpart a "reset" button with an ironic misspelling.

Clinton's gift to Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov at their meeting in Geneva on Friday evening was meant to underscore the Obama administration's readiness to "to press the reset button" in ties with Moscow.

But instead of the Russian word for "reset" (perezagruzka) it featured a slightly different word meaning "overload" or "overcharged" (peregruzka).
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Was this on purpose? How long has our government been at a cold war with Russia and we misspell "Reset" with "Overcharged"?

Hillary in the video after eh tells her what it means says "well we wont let you do that to us" then..."and we really mean it too."

I don't know...this world is nuts. The ones at the top are the worst nuts of all.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
My question isn't how long this cold war has been going on, but who is behind it and if all the countries are on the same platform playing their MC and manipulation of us the the enth degree. I'm tired of it all. One way we could actually do something is for the citizens of each country to meet up and talk with translators if necessary all the time, and find ways to circumvent every plan the elite have. We should all be friends and let the leaders know they truly stand alone.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by mystiq

Yes, then they would simply arrest us all for treason and execute us cause they would then know we are onto their game. Or arrest us for being anti government.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Wow, and our big brother government for the life of them, can`t figure out why the people want most of them removed from office. Either they are blind, stupid, or they just don`t give a good hang one way or the other if we survive this garbage they are creating. Gee, didn`t anyone look to see if the spelling was correct? Or was the one who checked it, the one who only made it to the 3rd grade?

Nothing like making something bad even worse. All these idiots that are in power are going to do is drive us all to the edge, if not over. Makes me wonder if it WAS planned to happen, like a slap in Russia`s face. If it was a mistake, anyone can make one, but, when it comes to something like this, it can turn on us in a flash and can take us down even further then we already are. Imagine that, maybe it`s what they want.

It gets harder and harder to hold onto hope that things will get better, and then this kind of thing happens. I don`t think they want us to have hope, only fear, fear of them.

[edit on 7-3-2009 by FiatLux]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   
How ironic is that? America the greedy, gives out a
button that says "overcharge"! LOL LOL LOL

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by dodadoom
How ironic is that? America the greedy, gives out a
button that says "overcharge"! LOL LOL LOL

That was my thought exactly. You laugh at the ironic screw uo then think...maybe not a screw up? Then if you watch the video in the link Hilary looks like she knew her message was delivered.

Swine!

[edit on 7-3-2009 by LoneGunMan]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by LoneGunMan

Nothing is left to chance in this world anymore.IMO
Even natural disasters are sometimes used for advantage. Sick.
Things are always planned and set in motion way in advance.
We either have people with no clue running things or it
HAS to be ALL planned.
Either way we're in big trouble.
Our ship is sinking and they are taking on even more ballast!
WOW

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Ok, this button Idea was absolutely stupid on so many levels...

Why not let our actions speak? That seems like the powerful, responsible way to go, doesnt it?

This pay to lip service BS is pretty gay...

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I can not believe the state department being so incompetent that they could not find a interpreter that could do the translation right.

If this is a preview of the state department under Clinton we are in a lot of trouble.

top topics

join