It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York tax money: Corrupt police still receive pensions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

'Mafia Cops' Get Life, and Their Pensions

Both men have been drawing tax-free disability pensions from the city since they left the Police Department, according to city records. Mr. Caracappa, who retired in 1992 as a first-grade detective, receives $5,313 a month. Mr. Eppolito, who retired in 1990 as a second-grade detective, is paid $3,896 a month. Because they retired before they were accused of crimes, their pensions will continue.

Both men have been drawing tax-free disability pensions from the city since they left the Police Department, according to city records. Mr. Caracappa, who retired in 1992 as a first-grade detective, receives $5,313 a month. Mr. Eppolito, who retired in 1990 as a second-grade detective, is paid $3,896 a month. Because they retired before they were accused of crimes, their pensions will continue.

NY Times Article

This is ridiculous to hear about.... when a state like New York, in so much financial trouble, is still paying 450 corrupt ex-cops! This needs to be stopped, especially when the city schools are in such bad shape and more and more people are losing their jobs. I wonder if other states follow this procedure?

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
Wow, what a couple of winners.

Are you really surprised? Man it's like every time you turn around, injustices like this are pouring out of the woodwork. Meanwhile, we (we being just people who want to do some honest work and make some money) are taxed and fined at every turn in this god forsaken city and people like this get rewarded in the end with more money.

Yeah, my soul vomits every time i read this stuff. Imagine all the crap that doesn't make the papers. It's a sick society my friend.

new topics

join