It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My short poems.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:37 AM
link   
Hey guys and gals, I'm going to start my collection of short writings and poems here in hopes that you'll enjoy them. Theres only two for the time being but I'll add more. Feel free to add some of your own if you want.

Short and sweet.
The land is jealous of your beauty, the very air cannot match your grace.
My hands are humbled and shaking as I gently touch your face. The world around us disappears while I remain in your embrace. You still my soul and calm my fears, you are the source of my joy, my comfort and my tears. plesent thoughts fill my mind when you are near, my paradise is seen in your eyes, blue waters so clear.

What I want.
I see her, from afar, she doesn’t notice me at first, I’m locked in a star struck gaze, every part of my very being alive in wonder. Her look is comforting to my soul as well as my eyes, they meet like long time friends sharing decades in a single moment. The most outstanding second of their intertwined existence fulfilled in an instant. All that was and ever will be, locked in and foretold all though hidden from sight.
A journey, predestined and mapped out staring both involved in the face.

Steady courtship ensues, mounds of everlasting memories are born. History is made, one breath after another. The soul connection is strengthened by physical bonding. So alive by the connection that it transcends through space and time. One being is born into life from the seed of two. Although physically separate, each is connected to one another by energy’s unseen. When apart, the force remains strong and secure. Through the journey of physical existence it’s very nature is strengthened by each passing day.

The result is a connection that is unbreakable by god or man alike. A connection that stands the tests of time. In physical death, only the expectation of being re united remains. On another plane, in another time will the two rejoin to become one, once again.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   
OK, I know this website is a hotbed of political and scientific debate and probably not quite the right site to bring poetry to the masses but you started the thread not me................

Preceding Dolly

Come and meet Molly, the creature we cloned
We put her together from cells that we loaned
We mapped her genetics, our recipe's right
Eugenic perfection is now within sight

We mixed things and stirred things to stick in the oven
There's no end to the things that we did to that ovum!
We mashed it and bashed it, prepared it to bake
And when we had finished we prepared for the fake

Who could imagine what came from that goo?
She's not quite the thing that you'd find in a zoo!
What a creation, we thought it'd be easy
Instead of which now we're all rather queasy

She's balanced before us on what seems like a leg
Now surely that wasn't the code from that egg
But what she lacks in her propping she makes up in heads
And she's empty of insides: they're outside instead

She looks quite disgusting as she's hopping around
While her three heads deliver quite a terrible sound
I swear if you saw her you'd quiver and weep
How could this monster pretend it's a sheep!

So it's back down to basics, another new start
To dabble in science and other black arts
We think she's a trial we really must shelf
You'll have to forgive her: she's not quite herself

[edit on 7-3-2009 by baba484]

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 12:32 AM
link   
I really enjoyed these thanks for posting.

Especially liked the first one, keep up the good work!

Will post mine now, I've been wondering whether or not to, but anyway.

posted on Mar, 8 2009 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Novise

Ya definatly, feel free to I'm working on getting some more posted as well just moved so some things still packed.

posted on Mar, 9 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Beautiful stillness

I become still, quiet and calm.
Peace becoming all that I feel, all that I know.
Slow moving waters fill my veins, seamless transition
into the void, feelings become knowing and I am complete.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 02:26 AM
link   
My love, I tell you my soul cries out in agony for your touch, your presence, and your healing embrace. I weep in discomfort at the thought of your spirit in flight without mine, aloft on the winds of another. I am grounded and weighted here by the anchor of my pain.
Immeasurable is my love for you, not all the grains of sand in the sierra can compare, not but all the stars in the heavens could equal. If I could just once more partake in the beauty your eyes contain therein, that, which I have burning and agonizing me, tormenting my thoughts and my heart may at once become quenched. To obtain a reprieve from this demons grip I would certainly seek audience with you, my love, as I would find the journeys perils a worthy price to pay in exchange for peaceful thoughts until my final hour. To close an UN closable novel, to rid of an insatiable thirst,

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
The Moment.

I see, I see, what lie you’ve just told to me.

I see what’s right there… in front of me

The breath I took, the air that you breathe.

Not the scent of my cologne coming back at me.

I slept soundly, with dreams of you filling my head

Behind your eyes, is the truth, is it that which I dread?

Where have you been my love? Do you fear to tell?

Your temporary pleasure, my permanent hell.

You reek of passion, un known to me, And In your once

Loving eyes, I see all that I need to see.

Love was made this night, just not between you and me.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Great writing, I really enjoyed reading these, you have much passion and longing in your writing, a lot of emotion is felt when you read them, good job!

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thank you Space Cadet, i'm at a low point in my life so I'm sure there's more to come, I also look forward to writing "happy" poems someday as well.

posted on Jun, 14 2009 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Softly

I heard your footsteps this day following mine, for every one I took two of yours trailed closely in time. I slowed my breath as I turned to see, that what I thought was two remains only me.
I sighed a sigh that lovers know well, from the recesses of my heart, where the longing does dwell.

This one crept up on me and I had to add it by it self for some reason.

posted on Jun, 18 2009 @ 12:50 AM
link   
I hang on every word you say, some I can let go yet others seem to stay.I love the sound of your voice, the look of your eyes, but not the coldness in your heart as we painfully cut ties.

The thoughts in my head wrap tightly like a noose around my neck, choking and suffocating, I painfully reflect. I think of smiles sharred and good times past, but I dwell on the times you put me last.

I will always hold the love I have for you, because despite all you have done, we were once two. You cut me down and left me in place, and in moments of weakness I search for you, but you've left behind barely a trace.

Your heart is incappable of compassion, and your mind tempted by lust, your body has many times been given but at the cost of my trust. A price I have had to pay, for the pleasures of your actions as you did lay.

You are a thief stealing little by little one bit at a time, what have you gained from your actions? Was it worth destroying this heart of mine? You are never remorseful for the pain I feel in this end, you've ravaged my love, you've lost a friend.

I wish you lasting reflection, in the years spent together in vein, but in addition to the above I also wish for your strength, to heal those two hurting little soul's pain.

I'll carry this with me as long as I can, right alongside the wonder of just what could have been. Step by step, every breath I take brings me just a bit closer to the new life I'll someday make.

[edit on 18-6-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Tormented.

I see the past, I relive moments in time, thoughts coming back into a now troubled mind .
Light softly my emotion, as I recall all that I know, walk slowly and give me caution to how much I show.
Move past the demon’s that trouble my soul, give spikes in my sleep, and burden my goal.
Let angels come swiftly, to rush worry away, that I may sleep tight sound softly and warm on this and all night.

posted on Jun, 20 2009 @ 11:40 PM
link   
Tormented, painful, beautiful words, opening your soul, others are peering in to see a man who loved deeply, betrayed.

posted on Jun, 21 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by space cadet

Thank you for reading my work, and having the paitence to understand what i'm feeling while writing. More as more comes.

posted on Jun, 27 2009 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Hollow, inside part of the core absconded .

Whereabouts unknown, wandering somewhere lost but not alone.

Pain focused inward, project joy to all around and let flora distract.

the mind devious and deceitful telling lies and sending false messages to the soul.

Chasing an invisible dream, expecting two plus two with a picket fence view.

False are those who ask about wellbeing with knowledge of the despair.

Accepting nothing but clear skies of the weather fair.

posted on Aug, 19 2009 @ 07:12 AM
link   
you fill my mind with thoughts of us.
I tremble with every touch.
Kiss me me once, but it's not enough.

I am not alone, with you I'm home.

I'm done searching because I've found all that I need,
I'll not caution and give you all of me.
My life is full of joy because of you, just you as you are
How lucky am I, to have caught a shooting star.

I am not alone, with you I'm home.

I touch you softly yet hold you tight to keep you close to me
you're my dream, my shelter, my light.

I am not alone, with you I am home.

I've never felt a love like this, you make me me weak with every soft kiss
You're eyes are beautiful windows into your soul, I would find comfort
to be lost in them until I'm old. Should you allow me to remain in this dream till the end of my time, I would take my last breath in content knowing that you are and were mine.

I am not alone, with you I am home.

posted on Aug, 31 2009 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Time wasted, things remembered.
Lies told, forgiven, not forgotten.

You're gone although you're here.

Given all of me, past ,present, and all that could be.
Thinking of a release from the grip you have on me,
Can't look me me in the eye, let the pain be.

Thousand mile stare, at home in you're eyes.
I meet the distance despite the hallowed cries.

I won't give up on you, on me, on us and everything that may be.

posted on Sep, 4 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Tip toe around the lies you weave, cold and hollow hiding behind the words you speak, You smile because I believe.

Tell me my dear, do the distorted truth's you sell, give you joy as I buy them, like shardes of glass in my stomach cutting deep, and deep is where they dwell.

For every comfort with you I shared, a weakness was given and you took as though you truly cared.

Your mind a vault, filled with things you kept from me, hurtfull things maybe some too painfull for me to see, but the hidden can't remain for long, through your eyes and down to your soul, lies the remains of the life you should have let be.

You are a disease under the guise of a drug, like a spear behind the curtain, You burn as salt does to the slug. You're love is simple poison, just bad and clear so as not give away it's presence when closer to the prey it moves near.

When in your age you look back and ponder what you can from your life lived, I hope the darkness seeps in to torment you with serpents to strangle your tounge that nobody hear your screams. As your once beautiful body sit painful and old alone with the lies you many times told.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 12:02 AM
link   
Still my trembling hands as I move them to catch my own tears.
Broken you found me, broken you left me leaving hollow promises echoing in my ears.

posted on Sep, 6 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Very nice indeed.

Freedom screams out, let me be free.
The oppressor's answer, you belong only to me.

Shackled and tormented she protests everyday.
Here me my people, listen to what I say.

The masses do not have time, they are trying to survive.
They have forgotten freedom is what made them thrive.

So the world continues, the powers grip is tight.
Mankind is now weak, forgetting how to fight.

The people are now crying, saying we should have tried.
For by their own non-action, Freedom has now died.

[edit on 6-9-2009 by Conclusion]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join