It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS as a government conspiracy

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:43 AM
link   
The past couple of months, before I joined ATS to post, I lurked for awhile and read all the posts. I didn't ever respond until recently.

However, have any of you ever thought that maybe this whole site is a conspiracy in itself? I'm sure this has been brought up before because you all are not dummies. You are all very smart people with convicted ideas, which I respect a lot.

But the question still lingers.... if all these different government lies were true, wouldn't this site have been shut down ages ago?

For example, (this is only an example) there are many 9/11 posts on here about the government faking the entire thing. Does anybody agree that if the government went through such extreme measures as those, then this website would not exist?

Like I said before, I'm sure this has already been brought up, since MOST of you seem to be at least semi- educated people.

I do believe that there are certain things we cannot explain, and that's why I love this site, because it doesn't focus solely on the government.

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 01:49 AM
link   
The amount of people who read this site are not in anyway a threat to the goverment. If the goverment was concerned they would just shut the site down. Between Vampire posts and Big Foot we could never be taken seriously.

Don't get me wrong, i do believe this site i used by some people who think before they speak and do research before posting but a majoirty of the people here love drama.

The goverment is not worried about ATS turning some heads. We alone the ones who understand are not enough to over come. When we see 1 million more hits then we might have something to worrie about.

Until then we are less than 1% of the popualtion who have awoken

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:12 AM
link   
I see what you mean... The gov cant shut down every site that brings up points against them. But also, its not like ATS is just some random site. This site is one of the predominant sites on every conspiracy subject

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 02:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rams9
I see what you mean... The gov cant shut down every site that brings up points against them. But also, its not like ATS is just some random site. This site is one of the predominant sites on every conspiracy subject

It may be predominant, but it is not the only one.

The difference is that ATS contains many different subjects of controversy, where as on other forum sites, they tend to focus on specific controversies. Those sites are under more scrutiny than ATS would be.

One might think that with a plethora of subjects that a site with such diverse controversial subjects would be the one to watch. Not necessarily.

Discussions in a diverse subject content forum are blended and varying, where as site forums on specific topics are far more focused and far more in depth.

Popularity has nothing to do with a site being subject to being monitored by government. In other words, it is not quantity, but content quality, and those sites specific to a given controversy tend to contain far more quality than quantity of membership.

Its not saying that ATS is not of quality, it is quality. But it is also a lot of quantity of varying subjects that more often than not, tend to get drifted off topic to one degree or another, eventually ending with threads going into the dark abyss of forgotten discussions.

Cheers!!!!

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
There has NEVER been any doubt in my mind that good ole ATS is a honeypot.

As to the logic of the argument 'if the government did...' then HOW could a site like this be allowed to exist...

Well... This would be the PERFECT counter move.

This site by its very existence and the way it functions... Debunks ANYTHING that is EVER discussed here.

Does anyone ever take anything the guy standing on the soapbox on the corner/in the park is ranting about seriously...

Nice thread Op.

[English as a language. by golemina]

[edit on 7-3-2009 by golemina]

posted on Mar, 7 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Since the content for this site comes from you you have to ask yourself: Are you part of a conspiracy?

top topics

join