It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Zimbabwe PM and wife 'in crash'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Zimbabwe PM and wife 'in crash'

news.bbc.co.uk

Zimbabwe's Prime Minister Morgan Tsvangirai and his wife Susan have been involved in a car crash which has left her badly hurt, party sources say.

Mr Tsvangirai is said to be lightly injured. The accident is said to have happened on a road south of Harare.
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit: fixed title]

[edit on 6-3-2009 by 12m8keall2c]

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Is this yet another example of Mugabe trying to get rid of the opposition by any means possible? he has already killed and tortured the oppositions supporters for years so is he now trying to kill of their leadership instead? and if so will the leaders of the surrounding African countries continue to sit on their hands doing nothing?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
The latest update on the BBC is that Susan Tsvangirai has died.

Traffic accidents are an inevitability and, to an extent, are part and parcel of cars and roads generally. However, it's almost impossible to think that this wasn't somehow orchestrated.

Normally, with other nations, such actions would be more subtle and there'd be measures to 'cover-up' such an incident. I think Mugabe is quite different. He's made it quite clear many times in the past that he really doesn't care what the rest of the world or the rest of his country thinks. I think he's not only capable of doing this - the treatment of people in Zimbabwe generally speaks for that - but he's also arrogant enough to bluff his way through this too.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 10:54 PM
link   
The Guy can't catch a break can he?

Despite the likelihood that it was just an innocent crash, there still is going to be an element of suspicion of foul play.

From Mugabe's history with Tsvangirai he doesn't want him dead, it seems he just wants him suffering as much as possible.

I started a thread about it here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:01 PM
link   
If this was a wreck caused on purpose, my God! Talk about Kamakazees and suicide bombers....just another brick in the wall!

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by solidshot

Is this yet another example of Mugabe trying to get rid of the opposition by any means possible? he has already killed and tortured the oppositions supporters for years so is he now trying to kill of their leadership instead? and if so will the leaders of the surrounding African countries continue to sit on their hands doing nothing?

It was mentioned on the news that greater progress had been made between Mugabe and this person in recent months. So it would seem strange for Mugabe to have this plan carried out when he and this man were both benefiting from the progress of these talks. Thus, I must conclude that this could very well have just been an accident.

Though I must agree you are right about the inaction from leaders of surrounding countries. Concerning for the people of Zimbabwe and those around the world too.

new topics

top topics

join