It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why weapon??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 05:26 AM
link   
We went through two world wars and huge ampunt of people were killed. More people were killed in World war ii than in first world war the main reason being use of more sophisticated weponry....
Recently, i have been asking to myself why weapons have been ever been invented??
Can world be peaceful when there are so many tools of violence present?
How can a scientist involved in weapon research say that he workin for welfare of humanity? Isnot it necessary to stop making weapons so that humans can be live in peace and fraternity???

I would be grate ful if u would answer my questions..... /i do realize that weapons may be necessary but am confuse and cant figure out how????????

thank you

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
It's because of the nature of man. Not all men mind you. A lot of people, most in fact, are perfectly happy attaining what they want through honest, peaceful means. However since the beginning of recorded history individuals, and groups of people have found it easier to simply take what they want by force. Much easier than working for it. Destruction is simpler than creation. Let some other dumb mook break a sweat creating something beautiful, and then I'll just bash his head with a rock, poke him with a sword, shoot him with a gun.... you get the idea, and take it from him without breaking a sweat. So in response the peaceful creative mind must find a way to preserve the beauty of his/her work. I believe it was J.R.R. Tolkien who said "I love not the shinning sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, but I hold dear that which it protects." (quote not exact). He also wrote that those who cannot handle a sword can still die on them. The utopian view of a world at total peace is a myth. It has never been achieved once ever. You can also look at it as a yin, and yang thing. If you have nothing to die for, you have nothing to live for. Almost everything beautiful, and worthwhile in this world has been bought with blood. It's just the way the planet works from microbes on up. Anyone who tells you different is selling something.

posted on Mar, 6 2009 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Getting rid of weapons won't make the world suddenly peaceful. People have been killing each other since we learned to walk upright. Even a "weapon" we learned to improvise and use what was at hand. Getting rid of high tech weapons just means that we'll go back to using low tech rocks to kill each other.

join