It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Jews Killing Themselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 02:56 PM
link   
consciouschoice.com...

not what you think, but thats the title of the article.

ENJOY

Jewish people generally maintain a typical American diet: high in fat and sugar, low in fiber. Yet an unknown but significant percentage of the Jewish population takes in much more of a food substance that is shown to be harmful to health. And one scientist/researcher has taken the lead in publicizing what she believes is a link between the high intake of this substance and a disproportionately high rate of breast cancer among Jewish women. Only 2.2 percent of the U.S. population is Jewish, but given the high rate of breast cancer among American women overall, it appears we may all benefit from information on this substance.

[edit on 5-3-2009 by mahtoosacks]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
without even reading the article i want to say its challah. thats the bread jews eat that is food for their "soul". they eat it in plentiful amounts on shabbat and throughout the week. when i was in israel every jewish household and their kids are OVERWEIGHT and i advocate it to the bread. especially since my research in health. bread=sugar. and glycation. and malnutrition.

SUCKS!

oh and i could be wrong

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
My family is of Jewish heritage. No one has breast cancer, no one is overweight, and I weigh 98 lbs, exercise daily, and my entire family eats very healthy food (lots of fresh food, barely any packaged, etc.)

So um yeah don't know who wrote that really but I wouldn't say they are killing themselves more than every other white bread American.

Oh and Jews that keep kosher cook more than anyone else. They don't eat fast food or very many packaged products because they aren't kosher. Just saying.

Not all Jews eat Challah and it really has no religious significance, you could substitute any bread and basically if you're eating it for religious reasons you don't eat any more than the bread eaten at Eucharist.

I also have Israeli family and they're not overweight. And no one is malnourished.

I know lots of Americans who live off of Burger King and apple pie, though.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by just_another_yourselfi advocate it to the bread.

Even though, as a previous poster said, not every Jewish person eats that bread that you mention, it could be entirely possible that it contributes to their overweightness.

When I went to school in Hungary, we pretty much were served only bread with butter or jam. I gained a ton of weight that year.

Thanks bread.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by mahtoosacks

My question(s) are these.
1. Why would you post this article?

Do you really care or were you just looking for shock value? “Oh look a headline I can post that sounds right shocking”!

2. Do you even care if one race or another are killing themselves or not?

3. Are you overweight? A little chubby going on there around your middle?

4. Why in the hell would you post *ENJOY* - concerning such an article?

???

new topics

top topics

join