It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why would they need lights

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:37 AM
link   
why would these advanced beings fly around with lights flashing don`t you think they might be past headlights by now

T

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Simplicity presents itself. Because aliens as saviors or holders of advanced knowledge is a fantasy.

Humans don't need lights to see at night in warfare so they can hide their presence, but many here believe that aliens need them to see in the dark or even worse - make their ships known to us as if dropping a leaflet or even a roll of toilet paper would be too hard for them.

That's right, keep denying ignorance.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Sorry but do you know exactly how they work.

Im assuming that you dont so how can you say they are soo advanced that they dont even need lights anymore.

or how can you say that they are that advanced at all.

Ok lets assume they do have crafts of some sort and they are visiting our planet that doesnt neccesarily mean that they are an incredibly advanced species does it it just means that they are advanced enough.

Maybe as advanced as us who knows.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   
My Father taught me that light has but one purpose - to illuminate the darkness.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
for all we know, light may be the propulsion system that these craft need.

trying to figure out how an unknown works is very hard to do.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ben91069
My Father taught me that light has but one purpose - to illuminate the darkness.
did your father know that he was MADE out of light? Science FACT.

didn't think so. I know we all like to think our Fathers and Mothers know everything, but they don't.

I think that some UFOs are possibly made from pure energy, and that is what we see as lights. They need to be made from this pure energy, to travel vast distances in seconds.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Why do our probes use infrared/thermal as regular equipment? What if aliens had biological vision in that wavelength? Their lights might be for their sensors and not visible to their eyes.

Just throwing it out there, like the bathwater.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Acidtastic
I think that some UFOs are possibly made from pure energy, and that is what we see as lights. They need to be made from this pure energy, to travel vast distances in seconds.

You can't possibly know that or anything else about them because they are truly unidentified.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
The lights could represent the zones of the craft with active propulsion systems.
The white lights in areas of intense electrical or reactive thrust, the red for steering and the blue/purple for maintaining lift.

Other times maybe it's an extremely large craft reflecting sunlight high above the atmosphere.

Could also be good ol fashioned swamp gas.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by paimonia-polaris

I agree, and it's my opinion that real ET craft probably don't utilize lights, at least in the same way that we think of them.

IRM

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   
Let's journey into the realm of the hypothetical for a bit.

Okay.

Say that somewhere nearby - maybe Proxima Centauri, Alpha Centauri - - somewhere... there was a race of beings who had been around, oh - 1-2,000 years longer than us. In that time, this hypothetical race mastered faster-than-light or the equivalent travel and have a "Space Navy" for lack of better wording. (NOT TALKING ABOUT STAR TREK). Okay. Let's say that said beings use different types of identification methods to let each other know they are 1) nearby, 2) moving a certain direction, 3) are friendly, 4) are a certain type of ship, 5) hold a certain status.

So, said beings create a system of lights on their craft and use these lights for those purpose.

Now, say they decide to venture out beyond the confines of their solar system and happen upon Earth. Who's to say they even care whether or not we see them? So, they continue operating their ships as if they were anywhere else, lights on and all.

Hypothetically speaking.

Of course.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:22 AM
link   
The subject of UFO "lights" is near the top of the most frequently asked questions. While we don't know the answer, one idea to explain them would be that...

UFOs often appear self-luminous, due to the ionization of the air around certain sections (e.g. saucers often glow at the rim) or the whole UFO, i.e. the surrounding air "lighting-up", much like what happens inside a neon-lamp; the effect is mostly visible at night/twilight and is the reason for the "fuzzy" or "wavy, like heat-haze" appearance of UFOs in daylight.

You can read more at UFO technical overview (sections 7, 8 and 9 i.e. Propulsion, Radiation, Illumination)

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 08:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by munkey66
for all we know, light may be the propulsion system that these craft need.

trying to figure out how an unknown works is very hard to do.

I was going to say something along this line. How do we know that they are using lights at all? We see light but that doesnt mean they've got spotlights with giant bulbs in them. Maybe the light is emitted from the anti gravity or propulsion system. Maybe it's a way for them to talk to each other. Who knows...

[edit on 5-3-2009 by ls1cameric]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I feel you guys.I spoke wrong words and not enough of them.
I was thinking about a story I had heard about.
It talked of a ship at sea and the people on board all saw 1000s
of black objects fly out of the water and into space and this took hours.This story stood out to me.It told me something is out there living among us in the shadows and it`s smarter and olded than us.
I think TV land puts fake ufo, stories out there
talking about big lighted triangles seen all over the planet. I don`t know.
I saw a brown flying boomerang with 2 green stripes on the outside wings and it didn't have lights.
IF there is other life one earth and they fly around all fast and in odd shapes one would think these beings also want to fly around unseen.
If a person see`s a ufo that ufo is going or coming from some place on earth or doing some kind of work.They dont have the will to just float up in the night sky with flashing lights.that just sounds unproductive If other living things are here `there here for a reason and seeing that they are hiding from us like this i mean they aren`t on the 10 oclock news saying come out and meet us (*Snip*)
I think shady red flags if you will.But deep down I think I would risk my life to stand befor a said being

[edit on 5-3-2009 by paimonia-polaris]

[Mod Edit - removed drug reference]

[edit on 15/3/2009 by Sauron]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 11:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mf_luder

I can see them not caring if we see them(run that ant just saw me)
but I see space kinda like I do the sea and lakes
our little system is in a lake and any raft or jet ski will get you to point A to point B
your trying to go to Africa you`ll need oil tankers, crewz ships
humans never see there oil tankers but we see there jet-skis
I don`t know
I am a little crazzy you know

[edit on 5-3-2009 by paimonia-polaris]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Remember though...many propulsion systems generate light (i.e. a jet engine, rocket, etc.). The illumination could simply be a by-product of propulsion....

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
I agree, we already know here on earth that you can use light arranged in a specific array to bend space time. Maybe that is their method of transit. Should I show a video example?

[edit on 5-3-2009 by DaMod]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by mf_luder
Let's journey into the realm of the hypothetical for a bit. . .

Cool ! Let's do that ! B-)

Hi, inquisitive persons. As I have often said elsewhere:
About UFOs, here are my finds/thoughts, that I did NOT invent:

1- Some UFOs come from someWHERE.

2- Some UFOs come from someWHEN !

3- Some travel by moving.

4- some travel by thought.

5- all in the universe is entangled. [What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole].

6- There exist: space/time & time/space,
meaning:
**WE** can move 3 ways in space, in one time line.
**THEY** can move 3 ways in time, in one space. (without moving).

7- One day, science will tell us:
! All universe's matter is made of solid light !

8- The new ***theory of everything*** !
www.ted.com...

9- Some UFOs are build in a factory by 3rd density entities, like us.
Some UFOs are "though formed" by the Xth density entities !
Some entities don't even need UFOs.

10- and stuff I forgot. . .? B-)

And if I may add : read the Ra material of my signature, and the
[My Favorite Sites] box in my profile, and you will have A LOT of answers !

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Obviously they are not headlights, did you give this ANY thought at all?

1: Bi-product of the power systems they use

2: Anti Collision Lights

3: Who knows..they are ALIEN.

Originally posted by paimonia-polaris
why would these advanced beings fly around with lights flashing don`t you think they might be past headlights by now

T

[edit on 5-3-2009 by atsbeliever]

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by paimonia-polaris
I feel you guys.I spoke wrong words and not enough of them.
I was thinking about a story I had heard about.
It talked of a ship at sea and the people on board all saw 1000s
of black objects fly out of the water and into space and this took hours.This story stood out to me.It told me something is out there living among us in the shadows and it`s smarter and olded than us.
I think TV land puts fake ufo, stories out there
talking about big lighted triangles seen all over the planet. I don`t know.
I saw a brown flying boomerang with 2 green stripes on the outside wings and it didn't have lights.
IF there is other life one earth and they fly around all fast and in odd shapes one would think these beings also want to fly around unseen.

Oh, but maybe they don't wish to be unseen? Atleast not anymore, considering what quite a few sources have stated. They WANT to be seen now, and that would also explain why the many crafts seen at the moment almost seem to "perform" and make shapes and formations.

<<   2 >>

join