It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tallest Living Man

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Apparently he wants to stop growing, I was wondering what the major health issues would be for someone that is this tall. I would seem to me, that it would be very hard on the heart.

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040417/ap_on_re_eu/ukraine_tallest_man_2

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:12 PM
link   
Wow. Imagine that.
I guess he suffers from Gigantism? I looked a bit and it seems some compliations of it are diabetes and problems with glucose, hormonal disruption (irregular menstruation, delayed onset of puberty)...

I wonder what the brain operation was for in the first place..

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   
and i thought i was tall, im only 6'6''

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:28 PM
link   
I have a short friend who thinks getting stoned stunted his growth, I can't tell him no thats BS, cause I've been the same hieght since I was 15 lol

is this the dude that billy crystal made a movie with? you know what I am talking about? I swore I saw a movie and he was with some sort of russian giant.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
That giant from the movie was from Romainia.
He was only 7' 7"

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I smell a sequel.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
the guy from the movie "my giant" was george muresan (something to that name) he was an nba player for about 2-3 years. I believe it was the washington bullets...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 02:49 PM
link   
well, being very tall can lead to many physical problems, heart, spine... Tall people have it easy though.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
I saw a discovery channel thing on this. What happens is that the petuitary is all messed up. The person never stops growing. A giant would be weak.
When the petuirtary swells it hi ts the optic nerve aventually making the giant go blind. It also makes thier head a lot more sensitive.

THat is an explanation for the david and golaith story. if you hit a modern "giant" on the head in the right place with a rock (prepositions
) th e"giant" would fall down dead.

join