It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Real Problem

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I have for years been interested in all topics considered alternative. For years I have questioned, debated, made conclusions and dismissed them just as fast as some I have hastily made. It has been a while since I listened to NPR and RBN and such as work takes up a lot of my time and most of my posts are from work. (sadly)

I am one person attempting to handle life in its broad spectrum as are every one of you. I put in my 40 hours a week but is it really necessary?

Over time I have witnessed some odd things and have noticed the way people respond to certain events and given time and understanding (or so I think) have come to conclude that the most single important problem that has contributed to our sad state of the world/economy is our lack of independence. Tired of your job? Tired of working just to pay the bills?

Let me elaborate:

The problems that we are experiencing at this turn of time such as foreclosures, job losses, ridiculously strict laws, exceptions to those laws and all the other myriad of problems infecting us the people from corruption to child abuse has spawned from something on a primal level that most fail to recognize. Us as a people have allowed ourselves to become dependent on the way our world is setup.

We have given up our freedoms and liberties in the name of safety. Now I know most of you are saying "Yeah I know that, so....". It seems to me that the entire reason we are in this down slide, recession or whatever you want to call it is because we ultimately rely on our government to take care of us instead of taking care of our self. Yes there are things we cannot live without but we have learned to take care of ourselves in the past and can once again take that power back into our own hands instead of handing it over to those we feel qualified to handle it for us.

Many people live on health care, SSI, disability and the like as they are disabled and I feel for their loss as I too have family that is currently living that way. That is necessary for them but not the rest of the world.

What I am saying here is that there is a problem and that problem is people are expecting our government to fix the problems we have allowed them to create. The government or PTB or NWO has set this up so we would call upon them for help even after they originally lulled us into dependence upon them with material things and false promises of safety.

Through the days and years our economic structure and world has become complicated or it seems to be. There is a reason for the complications and in my mind it is on purpose. Tax code and all other seemingly endless complications are initially established to keep the people looking for someone else to read through the fine print and translate the double speak. The few that look to understand are educated in a warehouse schooling system also established by the PTB. Ultimately people are taken advantage of because of their lack of knowledge. And that is one of the many reasons knowledge is power.

Religion is another example of handing our problems to someone else. It is riddled with rhyme and parables so the intelligent can seek out a means of false safety by living a fantasy. (thinking about if I should have put that in, might get flamed)

We the people are capable of controlling our own lives and pulling ourselves out of the swamp in which we have been wading through. I acknowledge the T&C and this is no attempt at creating any kind of revolution or action. All that I am simply stating is that we have allowed what has happened and it is time to take control of our own lives.

No more looking to others for help or to fix the world and its problems. No more giving people the ability to control us because they can do things we can learn and understand also. I am guilty of this but I also recognize the personal potential of every human if they would just stop looking to others for an out. Too many people look to our government to fix the problems and when, not if TSHTF, we will understand how important it is to think for ourselves. Let us learn for ourselves and wield our own future and fate accordingly.

If there is any one to blame for the way life is now just look in the mirror.
Educate yourself and stop giving others power over you because they know something you don't. This is why I work 40 hours a week. Because it has got to the point in which I have to work full time for someone else so I can pay my rent, insurance and such. I am dependent on our government but am educating myself and sending out the message for others to do likewise.

Feedback?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
I really appreciate your thread and I think you have some very profound things to say, though I may not agree with all of them. I agree with much of what you say in regards to the fact we forget our capabilities and talents; as well as our use of others as a crutch when we are perfectly capable as human beings to do so much. Unfortunately, it does have to end somewhere as not one of us can be great, good, or even mediocre at everything we do-hence the natural division of labor we have used as a society since the beginning. One day perhaps....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

That is a good point. I hear many times that a jack of all trades is a master of none. I also think that the necessity of having multiple trades or professions is necessary just not to the extent we have today. perhaps I should partially revise my post. I appreciate your input.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:26 PM
link   
The crux of your arguement is so true however; and it forces us to look at the real question:
Where is the line between that division of given talent vs. our own self-reliance drawn?

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by awake_awoke

Ah yes, it is all about balance isn't it. The line in my mind is drawn between where power is given to others when something can be accomplished by the individual. Also it is crossed when someone relies on another for reasons such as lack of knowledge, laziness, fear and the like. Also the line has been crossed as the way the world is set up currently IMHO.

If we are talented at something specifically by all means use that talent. If we are not so talented I still think we can learn what is necessary in regards to the specific skill in order to accommodate our own needs.

new topics

top topics

join