It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sudan soldier: 'They told me to kill, to rape children'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   

That's when he says he realized he wasn't getting national service training, that in fact, he was being forced into war against his will, with his own people. "They are black," he told me, noting the difference between the lighter skinned rulers of Sudan and the darker farmers of Darfur. "I am black," he said, "this shouldn't be happening."

But, he said, worse than being told to kill his own people, was that if he tried to resist, he himself would be killed. "The order is that the soldiers at the front, and there are some people who are watching you from behind, if you try to escape or do anything you will get shot. The order is that we go to the village, burn it and kill the people."

But it was following a pattern: I'd have to lead the way. We were both waiting for the inevitable. How he came to know of rape in Darfur.

And that's when he said it.

He brought up the rape by himself. He was talking through a translator but his voice was quiet. I thought I heard anger, heard him slow and his voice drop: "I had no choice," he said "but I will say that I didn't kill anybody but the raping of the small children, it was bad" I knew this was going to be difficult and now it had begun.

What happens with the children, I asked. "They cry out," he answered. "And what happens when they cry out?" "Two persons will capture her while she is crying and another raping her, then they leave her there," came his reply.

Silence. "What do I ask now?" I thought. Be forensic. Get the story. This is important testimony, I reminded myself.

And so we continued, Adam describing in detail how soldiers raped girls as young as 12. How officers ordered them to do this to make people flee their villages, run away and never come back. Through all of this, Adam didn't once mention whether he actually had been directly involved in the raping.

He said he tried to desert the army as soon as he could, but was caught and tortured. He showed me the scars where he said he was tied down beneath a tree and officers set fire to tires above him, dripping burning rubber on his body.

Eventually, he said, he did get away, went to his sisters, tried joining the rebels to fight the army. But even there, his troubles were far from over. Incredibly, he said, the rebels didn't trust him; he was kept at their camp and only escaped when it was bombed by the army.

The end of his story, but we weren't really done. One more question.

Had he been forced to rape children?

"Yes I did, they were government orders," came his reply.

Full Article Here

This is definitely interesting ... i wonder if this is not somewhat fabricated ... it seems more like a story then a news article to me ... if this is completely true this is absolutely horrible ... i'm sure that some of this has some truth behind it ... what do you think?

[edit on 4-3-2009 by baseball101]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I believe all of it is true.

This is common in countries with despot type rulers.

There armies don't fight they just grab cannon fodder villagers and force them to be front line troops as there government troops hang back so they will not be injured or killed.

This also protects the government troops from being tried for war crimes.
as the cannon fodder is the ones that are forced to do the dirty work and stand the most chance of being caught and tried for war crimes.

Killing, terrorizing villagers and raping them is nothing new ether,
This was the way the VC and NVA operated in Vietnam.
This was also done in Cambodia, many African countries and Central America

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:31 PM
link   
I also believe this is true.
The US has such a small view of the world around them. CNN only does world stories in a segment called "Around the world in 60 seconds"

That's obviously not enough time to cover world stories.

Not only that but did you know we are involved in wars in Africa at this very moment? I bet you didnt. We are fighting rebels in African countries who are committing genocide on their neighbors and innocent people.

We truly are in a glass fishbowl with a extremely biased view of the worlds problems.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Also, check out this thread and the accompanying article.
The President of Sudan has a warrant out for his committing of war crimes.

Sudan's President

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   
i agree the u.s. does have quite a small view of the world ... it's quite sad how little the mainstream news lets the u.s. out of their comfort bubble ... and yes i did know there are wars going on ... i no longer get my news from the mainstream: video, radio, newspaper ... i only use the internet it being the only place where i can really find some unbiased news ..

posted on Mar, 5 2009 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The leaders of most of the countries in Africa need to be tried for their crimes against humanity.

Subtly, notice the other point that they've been driving home that is in there. They are black, I am black. The implication being, only non-blacks should be doing this or I should only do this to people who are not black. They are pushing the Grest White Devil very hard in many parts of Africa.

The leaders take the aid we send, try to destroy the aid we are putting in. Then they sell that aid for their own profits, leaving their people die and starve and flee and live lives of misery. THEN they blame us for it. Don't look behind the curtain Dorothy!

We aren't all white, but you can be sure that when they refer to our countries, the image they are invoking sure is.

The landscape of war is being fought on the terrain of female bodies. You can destroy a people far far faster by destroying their families and the women. The men leave their families when this happens. They beat, and rape their wives for their "indiscretion," they give away or abandon their sullied daughters. On one hand, the men are being used to create the problem, and on the other their cultural dominance is causing them to deepen the destruction. Women in these cultures have NO rights outside of marriage or as children of a man.

These leaders have manipulated men into destroying every single bit of their culture, and destroying every single family through their fear and pride. No family left unscathed. Every man made into a destroyer. Every female's body a landscape torn assunder.

And then their leaders are blaming us for it. And it will sell - because NONE of these men in the long run will want to look real close at what they've done. They'll take their horror, their anger, their embarassment, and these leaders are going to direct it at us.

[edit on 2009/3/5 by Aeons]

top topics

join