It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO-induced "Non--sonic" Boom Rattles So. Cal?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:16 PM
link   
you know it's gotta be weird when not even phage can explain it....

haven't noticed anything up in seattle yet, I'll start paying attention tho.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Do you live near the road. Was there a lot of car activity when this happened. Sometimes trucks or cars can vibrate the windows.
And if it is a low frequency sound coming from the engine maybe that was the reason about the dog reaction or it could be that the vehicle was passing by.
I'm definitely sure about the cars and trucks, here it happens very frequently.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Could this have been a sonic boom over the ocean, coming in over the waves? The waves could break it up and make it last longer than if it was overhead.

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Neo__

Recently there was an apparently similar incident which was attributed to military exercises out to sea, and unusually favorable atmospheric conditions that allowed the sound waves to travel further than they normally would. Sorry, I don't have a link, but I'm fairly sure it was posted in the breaking news forum.

That would be my guess in this case. Next most probable would have to be a meteor, although if it was a meteor someone would probably have seen something. Was it clear in the area that night? Anyone?

Also, lets not forget that the further a boom has to travel, the more "stretched out" over time it will be. If you have ever heard a clap of thunder from a lightning strike close by to you it sounds like a short-sharp bang, but when you hear it in the distance, a single clap can rumble on for many seconds.

Edit: This post here sounds right on the money. Probably testing black-projects or new weaponry so you'd expect for the military to deny reports and generally not be much help.

[edit on 22-12-2009 by C.H.U.D.]

posted on Dec, 22 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
ok, here's some speculation on my part:

Seattle and Portland, the birthplace of Grunge is in the Pacific Northwest. Sudden Infant Death Syndrome, Attention Deficit Disorder, Irritable Bowel Syndrome, Panic Disorder, and Sleep Paralysis have all escalated in the last decade. Rockers got dark, rappers got violent, and teenagers began shooting at their classmates. The medical establishment has no physiological cause for any of these. What could be causing this downward trend in mental health in the last decade? The answer is infrasound.

Source

Boeing has completed a conceptual prototype of the CFT internal-carriage concept, and plans to flight-test a prototype by the first quarter of 2010, including a live missile launch. The design, development, and test of this internal carriage system are available as a collaborative project with an international aerospace partner.

Source (maybe they're ahead of schedule, it could happen too)

NOTE: The F-15SE was designed to be quieter than previous iterations of the F-15.

“With the F-15’s, obviously the noise levels changed. Everything's changed. When the F-15's take off or land, the walls shake, the glass rattles. It's not pleasant,” said Robert Roy.

Source

At military housing areas and base schools on Eglin Air Force Base, Fla., noise from F-35 Lightning II operations will be twice as loud as current Eglin F-15 flights, reaching 83 decibels.

Source

The Quiet Supersonic Platform (QSP) program is directed towards development and validation of critical technology for long-range advanced supersonic aircraft with substantially reduced sonic boom, reduced takeoff and landing noise, and increased efficiency relative to current technology supersonic aircraft.

Source

just some of the possible mundane explanations for this skyquake event. so they might have planes that can go supersonic with only a whimper (no boom), but what are they gonna do about the pressure wave?

[edit on 12.22.09 by toreishi]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join