It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you believe UFOs may be time travellors?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:32 PM
link   
There are many reports of UFOs that appear to involve technology way beyond current human science.

Some explain this as being of Extraterrestrial origin. There are questions of faster than light travel, etc.

Other (fewer) suggest Time Travel is just as plausible.

Consider the implications. It would be possible that these visitors are what humans will someday become - even if we don't recognize them as such. It's pretty clear that if we stay on a technology track, biological science is going to become able to change the nature of human beings dramatically.

They might be very careful about how much they alter the "past" (to them). Various flurries of articles in the newspapers or websites like this one are not currently changing the course of history - the world pretty much goes on the same old trajectory no matter what we say here. But full contact would rock all human cultures and make the Copernican revolution seem like a picnic - and effect great change in the timeline, or the course of history.

If some of the current type of contact got "too big" in its effect, they might be able to go back and change time to eliminate or reduce the effect. Or not.

(We don't really know the laws of time - what could be changed and what could not. I've read lots of speculation in Science Fiction, but it was just that. For me to speculate on that would be like a non-technological Pacific Islander speculating on what constraints the sky birds leaving congtrails overhead operate under? Do they need to eat fruit? But it's reasonable to speculate that tampering too much with time might be bad)

So this hypothesis is growing on me. Is there any reason to favor extraterrestrial explanations over time travel, or vice versa?

What do you think?

reasoner

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I won't rehash all the details, because there's already a thread on this (The non-interventionist policy of UFOs / aliens, why?), but I will say this ...

I'm of the Peter Lynd mind-set. I strongly believe that time is a man-made construct that doesn't physically exist. (see Time and Classical and Quantum Mechanics : Indeterminacy vs. Discontinuity for a more in-depth treatment)

However, I've reconsidered this position if only because as theorized in science fiction, tampering with the past would have repercussions for the future, which in turn (somewhat) neatly explains the non-interventionist policy of UFOs.

[edit on 3-3-2009 by Xtraeme]

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
If you go to Project Camelot and look at the interviews with Dan Burisch, you might get some answers to your question. Burisch supposedly has been involved with the part of the government dealing with this subject, and his claims perhaps complicate matters more than they clarify.

Here's a run down on what is covered. There are 57 or more "alien" species visiting earth. However, not all of them are intergalactic beings. Some are time travelers, and others are interdimensional.

Out of the time travelers, there are two main groups that represent us from the future. Apparently they are here now to direct us toward a specific timeline. It's really too much info to summarize, so I suggest checking it out. I don't know how to link, but go to projectcamelo.org, click on "Interviews and Reports" on the top of the screen, and then click on Don Burisch.

Hope this helps some. Anybody else have something to add? The whole situation is so complex that you'll never find your imagination hurting for new possibilities to think about. Unless of course you want to close your eyes to the truth. Then the TV is a great substitute.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I've always found Grant Morrison's explanation very...enlightening. Wait until he talks about being abducted by aliens and what the universe is really all about.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Hi, inquisitive persons.

About UFOs, here are my finds/thoughts, that I did NOT invent:

1- Some UFOs come from someWHERE.

2- Some UFOs come from someWHEN !

3- Some travel by moving.

4- some travel by thought.

5- all in the universe is entangled. [What the BLEEP!? down the rabbit hole].

6- There exist: space/time & time/space,
meaning:
**WE** can move 3 ways in space, in one time line.
**THEY** can move 3 ways in time, in one space. (without moving).

7- One day, science will tell us:
! All universe's matter is made of solid light !

8- The new ***theory of everything*** !
www.ted.com...

9- Some UFOs are build in a factory by 3rd density entities, like us.
Some UFOs are though formed by the Xth density entities !
Some entities don't even need UFOs.

10- and stuff I forgot. . .? B-)

And if I may add : read the Ra material of my signature, and the
[My Favorite Sites] box in my profile, and you will have A LOT of answers !

Blue skies.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by reasoner

Originally posted by killuminati2012
If you go to Project Camelot and look at the interviews with Dan Burisch, you might get some answers to your question. Burisch supposedly has been involved with the part of the government dealing with this subject, and his claims perhaps complicate matters more than they clarify.

Reasoner, don't waste your time on 'Cult Burisch' if you're serious about UFOlogy! He is a lying charlatan, snake oil salesman and complete nut job! He's one of the unsavory people ruining the field of research. End of story.

As far as ufo occupants being time travelers... well.. they may be if they travel faster than the speed of light... but not in the classic time machine sense.

I will point out that this is only a theory. None of us really know for sure. Why not check out the many threads on ATS already dedicated to this topic!

IRM

[edit on 3/3/09 by InfaRedMan]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

I can't say I'd be surprised if you were right, but do you have any evidence showing that? Honestly, almost every bit of information we read is probably off the mark. But that won't stop me from trying to comprehend all of the different ideologies at hand. Anything that gets the mind rolling is good in my opinion. And nobody should blindly believe any of the info about UFOs or whatever else you may find on this site. Without empirical evidence, we're left to speculate. And the more viewpoints you're armed with, the better off you'll be at speculating.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:40 AM
link   
I think the answer is more complicated than 'hey little green guys flew here in their batmobile from some other star'.

I wonder if the answer itself wouldn't force to rethink our view on reality. For example, what if, we've been 'searching' for life in all the wrong ways? Focused on biological, flesh, equivilents of ourselves. What if we looked at ourselves in a much different way, as entities of energy. After all, we produce heat. Our thoughts are electricity. Our bodies are little energy engines. The universe is FILLED with energy. Maybe we're not perceiving the real order of things.

I'm not sure if I'm articulating this best, this is the first time I've put these thoughts down, but there's a book by Rudy Rucker that talks about how, as humans, we perceive the universe through the filter of being human. You know, we use numbers based on ten, we are focused on the visual spectrum (which is really such a teeny part of the whole), etc. He gives examples of how certain groups of people, raised in the mountains, have a knack for geometry better than say, others, raised in the flatlands.

Given all that and more, our perspective on the universe is very 'centric' to who we are.

So my thought is, UFOs are some electomagnetic plasma energy blahblahblah sort of event, either under some sentient direction or not, which, we have no other choice but to experience under the biological filter of being human.

top topics

join