It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Army Prepared For Economic Riots On UK Streets

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Army Prepared For Economic Riots On UK Streets

www.propagandamatrix.com

The Army is on standby to deal with rioting on UK streets as a result of the economic crisis according to a newspaper report, which states that MI5 is targeting political activists who could help create a "summer of discontent".
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This is scary and could well be just fear mongering. But if its not, how far would this 'crowd control' go?

More from source:

A senior source told the Express, “This is a very real, and very serious, problem....I can tell you there have been crisis talks in Whitehall about this".

The protest season is set to begin on April 1st at the G20 summit in London.

The prospect of widespread rioting at some stage this year is a scenario feared by many.

Police in the UK are preparing for a "summer of rage" and mass protests against the mishandling of the economic crisis by the government, according to reports.

www.propagandamatrix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 03:59 AM
link   
So the rich bankers screw it up for everyone.

People become unhappy.

They get targetted by MI5 and possibly shot or arrested by riot police / army.

Yeah great.... screw you Gordon Brown, worst Prime minister ever.
Screw you greedy bastard bankers....

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
Well at least someone's thinkin' about the revolution, too bad it's the wrong man, though!

In all seriousness, it is really worrying to see that whitehall has seriously considered deploying and army of teenagers and young men, fresh out of training, already overstretched and under financed, onto the streets of the country to keep the public's testosterone in check.

Have they not considered that soldiers also get paid practically nothing? Can you imagine what will happen if waves of sympathy start to pass through the ranks? I'll leave it at that for now!

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:15 AM
link   
A senior source told the Express, “This is a very real, and very serious, problem....I can tell you there have been crisis talks in Whitehall about this".

A senior source?
Unnamed source?
I smell bs here.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   
I don't see the british public taking to the streets in a way that would threaten the government.
People don't care enough and are not educated about the situation at hand.
You would have to take their televisions and xboxes away from them to get any sort of reaction out of them.
I would not put much faith in the daily express or any of the british press,that includes you Guardian readers...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaptainCaveMan

A senior source?
Unnamed source?
I smell bs here.

I totally agree, it just seems like more fear mongering to fuel the fire.

We're all perfectly aware of what complete wastes of space our government officials are without turning to violence and rioting. Honestly the UK newspapers just get worse and worse.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   
This is probably just a tactic from the Government to make the public 'think' about rioting.

Its like you say to a kid " don't pick your nose " then the kid thinks that picking his nose is a good idea. and then does it.

People rioting in the summer will do just that, there will be people thinking about it and the sumer is when tempers fray the worst due to the hot temperatures ( well for England anyway) and lack of ice cream and crap all on the TV. So why not go out and riot .

Just another tactic to 'suggest' to the people a course of action they may be able to take to change the Governments mind, but in reality all it will do is allow the Government to bring in the Policy Force and BArmy tanks to bring in martial law and more society controls.

Say Hello to greedy Banker and Stupid Politicians getting what they want and say Goodbye to public and Human rights.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 04:57 AM
link   
This subject has already been previously discussed here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not suggesting the death of this thread, though! Some interesting viewpoints were bought up though, namely those regarding the apathy of the UK population. Might be worth a look to compliment this tread!

top topics

join