It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Judge reinstates Cheney subpoena in lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Judge reinstates Cheney subpoena in lawsuit

www.krdo.com

The judge on Monday overturned a federal magistrate who had denied a motion to subpoena Cheney.

Steven Howards was arrested in June 2006. He says he walked up to Cheney in Beaver Creek and told him his Iraq policy was "disgusting."

Agents called the incident an assault and a harassment charge was later dropped. Howards filed suit, alleging the arrest was in retaliation for disagreeing with Cheney and a violation of his constitutional rights to free speech and protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:17 PM
link   
LOL, I remember this story.

This guy got followed, harrassed and falsely arrested for VOICING HIS DISCONTENT with Cheney.

Initially, the corrupt judge (one of many in Dubya's croney-laden "justice dept") dismissed the case outright that Cheney should have to testify that the Secret Service and local PO-PO went WAY overboard in their response to this guy merely TALKING UNFAVORABLY to the VP.

But it looks like this one may not being going away so fast after all...

www.krdo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I kinda find it funny that Cheney might have to admit that all the peons have rights that he and bush tried to take away.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Considering what happened to this guy, imagine what may have happened to the dude who said "F-You, Mr. Cheney... F-You." When Cheney was "touring" NO after Katrina.

Cheney is likely THE BIGGEST sleaze-ball on the planet.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I have to agree with the above poster, although I think Cheney is more like a demon really. I think the poor guy was walking down the street about 30 years ago barefoot and devil just shot up from the ground and he's been evil and corrupt ever since.

Back to the topic, I think it's great that they are finally making him testify that his neo-cons over-reacted to the whole situation and that this guy should receive able conpensation, although I doubt Cheney will say anything.

My best is, he'll plead the 5th.

~Keeper

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:09 PM
link   
Does anyone seriously think Cheney will ever see a day in court? I don't believe it. I don't know if the past posts about it on ATS were true or not, considering they were not MSM sources... but. supposedly Cheney has been above any of our laws, in that he is able to avoid the court system and subpoenas completely.

That makes him like god. Or, like the posts above... Satan.

The most evil people in the world will never see justice. They are above our stupid mortal laws and rules.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LostNemesis

I agree that it certainly seems that way.

And following that logic, I have no reason to believe that Saddam Hussein was actually killed. Nay, it was a doppleganger.

I doubt that Cheney will testify, though.
Hell, we just had Rove refuse another subpeona. If Rove can't be made to go, what makes anyone think that Cheney will go? Hell, he's laughing about this right now, if anything.

Actually, he probably finished laughing 30 minutes ago and has moved on to planning his next crime against humanity.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Jay-in-AR]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Right... so would someone like to point out the fact that Cheney was Vice President at the time? As such, anyone with an entry seminar into constitutional law would recognize that lawsuit for what it really is, frivolous nonsense with no case to claim infringement of rights.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:40 PM
link   
You're kidding, right?

Because this guy is VP, nothing he does can become an infringement on rights?

That is absurd.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay-in-AR

Don't confuse the issue. Cheney was Vice President, as such, any contact with him which could be construed as threatening may have repercussions, nullifying this absurd notion...

Howards filed suit, alleging the arrest was in retaliation for disagreeing with Cheney and a violation of his constitutional rights to free speech and protection from unreasonable search and seizure.

Unreasonable, priceless.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by WestPoint23

BS...

Since when is SPEAKING UNFAVORABLY toward a president or VP grounds for search and seizure and arrest?

The guy didn't call him names, just voiced dissent about his policies. That is not grounds for what happened to him in the aftermath.

I doubt Cheney or the service will get in any trouble over the issue, but this guy may be getting compensated for this nonsense...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
And of course saying that a politician's policies are disgusting is somehow supposed to be taken as a threat?

No, a threat would be me saying - "Mr. Cheney, I'm about to beat you down."

Dissent a traitor does not make.

Silencing dissent does.

join