It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoride: Now it can be added to our food

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Fluoride can now be added to foods manufactured and supplied in Europe. It’s been classified as a safe supplement, according to Europe’s highest authority on food standards.

The decision means that food manufacturers can include sodium monofluorophosphate, the common form of fluoride found in toothpaste and mouth washes, to their products.

The decision, by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA), has angered the Alliance for Natural Health (ANH), the consumer pressure group, which is calling for an immediate enquiry.

The ANH’s medical director, Dr Damien Downing, says: “It’s bad enough brushing your teeth or rinsing your mouth with fluoride. But opening up its usage to food supplements, when it’s very difficult to control how much other fluoride a person is being exposed to, is utterly irresponsible.”

The group is also concerned that the EFSA is working outside of its remit. As fluoride has supposed medicinal qualities, the decision to include it in foods is one that should be taken by the European Medicines Agency, it argues.

Full story: www.anhcampaign.org...

What are they up to.....

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Who in their right mind deemed fluoride as a "safe" ingredient, and why would we want to put it in our food anyway???

Reems and reems of studies have shown that even small amounts of this stuff are detrimental to our health in the long run. What creppola did they come up with that convinced people to Ok this?

Or maybe they all are part of or beholden to the NWO.

That would be MY guess.

[edit on 3/2/2009 by Amaterasu]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Dr Robert Verkerk, executive and scientific director of the ANH stated, “How can the people of Europe have any confidence in EFSA’s decisions when the methods it uses seem to be more about political number shuffling than proper science? EFSA shouldn’t be surprised by this criticism—we’ve been outlining the many problems with its approach for over 3 years via public consultations. Yet we’ve not had one government authority ever come back to us to discuss our scientific concerns. We’re ready to send a team of scientists to Parma to dialogue with EFSA at any time—they need only ask.”

This is just one of many reasons why I am becoming more concerned about the formation of a European superstate. The bigger we become, the further from a true democratic soul we find ourselves.

Complete lack of accountability and transparency that does not recognise the voice of the people, coupled with a motivation for political millions will kill Europe before it can grow naturally.

It's a political system trying too hard to emulate the existing American political system of having the very few control the many in a time when the individual should have more rights than at any other time in history.

Fluoride is one of many forced agendas from an increasingly toxic nanny superstate.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Breifne

I hate to break it to you... But the aglomeration of Europe was planned. The poisoning of humans was planned. The ignoring of science was planned.

It is not a simple matter of too many cooks (as I said, who in their right mind...unless they have an agenda to do harm to us). It's a matter of an ugly goal helped by disbelief.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:54 PM
link   
I'd just calmed down after one spate of ranting about the fluoride situation in Southampton where 70% of a town's population were against the addition of fluoride to their water supply, and the ptb are ignoring them and going ahead with it.
NOW THIS!
And what about the people with healthy teeth who will be getting a dose of this anyway?
Do they get a special flouride free water and food supply?
Hmmm! Thought not.
A lot of people think that fluoride and the like are responsible for most of the crime and violence in today's society.
So we're going to need more cameras on the streets for our continued safety and security.Just beware next time a raft of new techie toys appears on the market.
We'll be so busy wowing at all the amazing features, and ranting when they stop working (By design?), that we won't notice that we've been fluoridated already.
I can taste and smell fluoride and chlorine in my water sometimes.
I assume fluoride is the one that smells a bit like glue, though I could be wrong. Whatever it is, it's disgusting and makes it undrinkable for me.
The site you linked to also has a lot of info about other new and exciting recipes our governors have in store for our delicate tastebuds.
It's so reassuring to know that they care so much about us, and are willing to cater for our every need.
And they don't even know us........or DO they?

Great, but most unwelcome thread, by the way.

Edit to add sarcastic comment and correct spelling.

[edit on 2-3-2009 by Illegal Alien]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by vasaga

Yippie!

Now you can glow like the rest of us across the pond.

Here is an old thread of mine.

Enjoy.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Thanks I'll make sure to go through it.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 08:05 PM
link   
@#%^ing bastards. i'm hyper allergic to fluoride.

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   
WTF??

Toothpaste and mouthwash labels say explicitly not to swallow them

Sodium monofluoride is used in Chinese rat poison. You can see it right in the list of ingredients !

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Exactly.. I guess there's no denying it anymore. The government is not in control anymore and neither do the organizations that want to provide safety. It's the corporations that only want money that are in control. I think this is clear evidence that we are being poisoned all the time, and if that's not the case, it will be the case anyway. Everyone saying the fluoride conspiracy is not true, just hit a brick wall because i think this one, you can not get around.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
So what do we do.

I'm going to my local T.D or local politician in my area about the water

I'm furious about this. It's obvious they really really are adamant in putting flouride in just about everything.

Oh yeah to keep our teeth healthy.

I want to swear and fume so bad right now. I'm lot more f***** smarter than this bullogy....................

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   
wouldn't putting rat poison (prime ingredient in fluoride) in the food supply constitute a terrorist act?

I mean... that's what terrorists do right? that's what we were told they were gonna do.. attack our water and food supplies.. etc..

wait a sec...

oh IIIIII get it... ok yeah i get it now.. good one..

-

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   
I ANNOUNCE WAR ON THE GOVERNMENT.

These are terrorists. Trying to kill us. Kill these terrorists.

How hypocritical can this world get. I would sit beside a radical muslim quicker. Why because if you give a radical muslim freedom he mightnt be that bad eh. Heck I could even have a drink with him knowing there is no poison in my drink.

Its just so not conspiracy anymore that the government has been trying to dumb us down for years.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 10:40 AM
link   
I don't think the governments are really faulty here. They're doing it, but i think the corporations are the ones in charge. Since the corporations have become bigger than the government, they kind of try keeping them happy instead of taking care of humans. So if corporations would want some money from a waste product, they might approach the government. And since the government is always in debt (that's what taxes are actually for) they make a deal and say the government gets 50% for example, and then they use humans to make the money out of it. Injecting humans might be cheaper than disposal in another way. Don't know if this is true though, just me trying to do some logical thinking based on this.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I think I'm gonna be sick, before I read this topic I had no idea of the adverse effects fluoride has on your body and mind but boy was I shocked...

I went looking for more information about it in Ireland... Apparently the government actually has no idea how much fluoride is added into the water or what other chemicals may be in the fluorine.

They have even been presented information by many different groups showing them how there are statistics showing that the dental health of people in countires with fluoridation is worse than that in non-fluoridated countries... In fact I think Ireland is the only place left in Europe that has actually not addressed the problem at all.

I even saw some pretty disturbing pictures of babies whos teeth are now destroyed by fluorosis ( i think thats what it's called) and I shall spare you the sight by not posting the images...

Either way next time I'm in the shops I'll be looking for non-fluoride toothpaste, if there is any.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:10 PM
link   
check this out as it seems it may be part of the codex planwww.therapure.com...

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Blatant slow killing off of the masses.
Pure and simple.
The nuts are running the asylum - and we are letting them.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 08:54 PM
link   
AUSTRALIA has a democraticly elected gov ,72% of people aust wide voted against fluoride in water supplies,they are still going ahead with it! democracy my but ,we need,as real humans to stop the "infidells"from infiltrating your own body,we need to target them in the same way.

anybody who works for this list should start panacking now,an i mean anyone inwho has anything directly or indirectly with this list,willbe a target in this country .and then lets see how hard it will be to employ p
eople in those posistions. MONSANTO,DUPONTE,ANY AREA OF WEATHER MANIPULATION CLOUD SEEDING ECT.,ANYONE INVOLVED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY WITH FLUORIDATION OF PUBLIC WATER SOURSES,ANY BOD Y HUMAN OR OTHERWISE INVOLVED WITH HAARP,ANYONE INVOLVED IN FEUL TRANSPORTATION(when feul is obviously 50%higher than it should be)yes people there are jobs that stil have morally and ethically high standards ,try them fist

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
Here's an update:
I found a report that explains the whole thing. This is the link (pdf file, calcium fluoride).

BACKGROUND AS PROVIDED BY COMMISSION
The European Community legislation lists substances that may be used for nutritional purposes in certain categories of foods as sources of certain nutrients. The Commission has received a request for the evaluation of calcium fluoride added for nutritional purposes to food supplements.
~
Introduction
Fluoride supplementation has been used for years essentially to prevent dental caries, especially if the fluoride concentration from drinking water is low. The widespread use of fluoridated toothpaste in the western world has been associated with an effective decline in caries prevalence. Fluoride compounds have also been used in intervention clinical studies to
prevent and treat age-dependent osteoporosis. (Oh rly?)
~
The present opinion deals only with the safety of calcium fluoride as a source of fluoride and the bioavailability of the fluoride from this source. The safety of fluoride itself, in terms of amounts that may be consumed, is outside the remit of this Panel.

Interesting.. They don't mention what kind of nutrition it's supposed to be and the safety of fluoride itself is not being looked at.. Let's see what else is here..

2. Technical data
2.1. Chemistry
Calcium fluoride is described as an inorganic compound with a molecular formula CaF2 and a relative molecular mass of 78.08 g/mol (Technical dossier, 2005). Its CAS Registry number is 7789-75-5. Synonyms: calcium difluoride.
2.2. Specifications
The petitioner provided the following specifications for calcium fluoride: purity 99%, white crystalline and hygroscopic powder, solubility in water 17 mg/l (18 °C). The impurities are sulphates (not more than 100 mg/kg), iron (not more than 100 mg/kg), chloride (not more than 500 mg/kg), arsenic (not more than 5 mg/kg) and lead (not more than 10 mg/kg) (Technical dossier, 2005).
The Panel notes that according to Commission Regulation (EC) No 629/2008 (EC, 2008) the maximum levels of lead, mercury and cadmium in food supplements as sold should be 3 mg/kg, 0.1 mg/kg and 1 mg/kg, respectively.

Oh wow. Lead, chloride, arsenic.. Notice the allowed concentration and how high it actually is in the calcium fluoride. It's the one they used for testing though, not the one that'll be used in food for sure, but.. You might wanna ask yourself, you think they're gonna bother to purify the calcium fluoride even more? It's already 99% pure calcium fluoride.. How more pure can you get it? Anyway, let's go on..

2.5. Reaction and fate in foods to which the source is added
The petitioner indicated that calcium fluoride is stable in food. However, no supporting data have been provided.

Surprising..

2.6. Case of need and proposes uses
Calcium fluoride is intended to be used in food supplements in the form of tablets, caplets, capsules, chewable tablets, effervescent powders and liquids.
Uh... What?

2.7. Exposure
According to the petitioner, the use of calcium fluoride in supplements is intended to supply approximately 1 mg calcium fluoride, equivalent to 0.5 mg fluoride/day (Technical dossier, 2005). The most recent available exposure estimates to fluoride from all sources in Europe show total intakes from 0.5 to 1.2 mg/day, when no fluoridated salt or fluoride containing tooth paste are used, and no supplements are taken (EFSA, 2005a). In the case where fluoridated salt is used and fluoridated water is drunk and used for the preparation of food and tea, the sum of fluoride intake could reach 6 mg/day, without taking into consideration toothpaste use.

That's useful info. Now watch below..

2.8. Information on existing authorisations and evaluations
The NDA Panel established upper tolerable intake levels for fluoride of 1.5 mg/day for 1–3 year old children, 2.5 mg/day for 4–8 year old children, 5 mg/day for 9–15 year old children and 7 mg/day for adults (≥ 15 year old) (EFSA, 2005a).

So.. We're at about 6 mg/day WITHOUT fluoridated toothpaste. 7mg/day is allowed for adults. So children would already be over it, and add toothpaste and you've got your answer.. The toxicological data is very interesting to read. It's on pages 9 and 10 of the PDF file. I would copy it but I'm running out of characters..

For children, total exposure estimates from food and drinking water in the UK, assuming a fluoride water concentration of 1 mg/l, shows that the 97.5th percentile population of the 1.5 to 4.5 year old and 4 to 6 year old children could exceed upper tolerable intake levels established by the NDA panel to equivalent age ranges (1 to 3 and 4 to 8 year old), if calcium fluoride supplementation was to be added to these intakes (note: food).

In other words, you'd think, don't do it, right?

The ANS Panel concludes that the use of calcium fluoride as food supplement would be of no safety concern provided that fluoride upper tolerable intake level values established in Europe are not exceeded by the combined exposure from food supplements and the diet.
~
The Panel concludes that the use of calcium fluoride as food supplement at the proposed use levels would be of no safety concern for adults and children above the age of 8. The Panel notes that according to Commission Regulation (EC) No 629/2008 the maximum levels of lead, mercury and cadmium in food supplements as sold should be 3 mg/kg, 0.1 mg/kg and 1 mg/kg, respectively.

Yeah.. Of course, that's a nice way of putting it, but i don't believe they're able to keep the intake levels low enough, not only fluoride, but also lead etc. Besides that, they write it would be no risk for children above 8. What about saying, it would be a risk for children younger than 8? In other words, don't. But guess what, they're gonna it. And our children are the ones that are gonna get poisoned, and maybe, their children won't even be born without fluoride intoxication...

They also gave green light to Sodium Monofluorphosphate. That file you can read here:
Click
Research the second one yourself. I explained the first one. I don't have time now, maybe I'll do the 2nd file tomorrow.

[edit on 10-3-2009 by vasaga]

posted on Mar, 10 2009 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Day-um!!!! what's REALLY going on??? Day-um

top topics

<<   2 >>

join