It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evolution, It's only a theory

page: 62
<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gawdzilla
reply to post by spy66

Still dodging. Do you think some mystical being is in charge of the whole shooting match? If so, why do you think that?

Well first of all i have to ask you if you know the difference between time and a dimension. And if you know that matter and energy is a dimension it self within a dimension.

If you dont know that i won't bother to go on. But i have already given you the clue.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Still dodging. What are you ashamed of? Just wonderin'. If you're completely incapable of defending your faith in a logic based environment that's really no surprise, nobody else can either. It's a bit of a problem for believers.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Gawdzilla

Well first of all i have to ask you if you know the difference between time and a dimension. And if you know that matter and energy is a dimension it self within a dimension.

If you dont know that i won't bother to go on. But i have already given you the clue.

1. What is a dimension made up of.

2. What is time.

Time to google right my friend .)

[edit on 27.06.08 by spy66]

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:28 PM
link   
My Opinion

I believe in Evolution but could care less if someone doesn't!!! what is it the end of the world because someone doesn't agree with me

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Still dodging. That's really a shame.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

Still dodging. That's really a shame.

Am i lol

Your the one who is not following.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

You have a nice life, you hear? And come back when you're more comfortable talking about your Great Sky Fairy. If ever.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 03:58 PM
link   

reply to post by spy66

You have a nice life, you hear? And come back when you're more comfortable talking about your Great Sky Fairy. If ever.

Well i am still here. And i have asked you two simple questions.

I have told everything earlier on. I dont feel like doing it all over again just for you. Unless you give me what i ask for.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spy66

And you have answered none of my questions. We're at an impasse. C'est la vie.

posted on Apr, 10 2009 @ 11:29 PM
link   

When I ask you for your evidence in support of that all I'm going to hear is echoes, right? But, please, do tell how the Great Sky Fairy works in mysterious ways. Like changing that chromosome.

I have never spoken of a great sky fairy. As a matter of fact, no one in this entire thread has said anything to the effect a great sky fairy was the cause of anything moreover, knowing this is true and that you are most certainly aware of it, I can only see this sort sophomoric behavior as typical of most mouthy self aggrandizing atheist's who believe ridiculing creationist's with sarcastic antagonism while the disingenuously ask questions they have no intention of really wanting an answer to.

So when someone willing to give them a chance asks a question of his own to qualify you as to the serious intent of your query, you come back with more childish broken record tactics saying "still dodging" .

Unlike spy,, I'll just tell you the way it is.

YOU don't DESERVE

an answer

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Aermacchi

That's good, as you can't supply an answer. I ask questions you can't answer, and that must be endlessly irritating. Worse, you know that my questions are important and devastating to the Faithfuls' position. That's why you get grumpy.

The Great Sky Fairy is as accurate a name as any other for the supernatural being required for the Faithful to feel safe and cozy in the big, bad universe.

Evolution is demonstrable to the point where nothing in biology makes sense except in light of evolution. Evolution is a fact. Unlike the Faithful, we mere mortal don't know everything, so the exact mechanism of evolution is still being studied. And that's the difference between science and Faith. We keep studying, learning, and asking more questions. With Faith you have hit a wall that you'll never get past.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:40 AM
link   

reply to post by Aermacchi

That's good, as you can't supply an answer. I ask questions you can't answer, and that must be endlessly irritating. Worse, you know that my questions are important and devastating to the Faithfuls' position. That's why you get grumpy.

The Great Sky Fairy is as accurate a name as any other for the supernatural being required for the Faithful to feel safe and cozy in the big, bad universe.

Evolution is demonstrable to the point where nothing in biology makes sense except in light of evolution. Evolution is a fact. Unlike the Faithful, we mere mortal don't know everything, so the exact mechanism of evolution is still being studied. And that's the difference between science and Faith. We keep studying, learning, and asking more questions. With Faith you have hit a wall that you'll never get past.

When i talk about dimensions,changes and time i am also talking about evolution. Its just that i am on a different level then you are at. You just dont get the concept of what i am talking about. You just dont see that it is evolution that i am talking about.

When i talk about dimensions and time you think i am talking about God as if he was a person or a tooth fairy. I am talking about God as a source.

God is just a name we have given a source.

If you think of your self as a educated person you should know that everything has a Dimension. And that everything has time. And that every matter and energy changes within its own time cycle.

If you dont know this crap you are just here to talk crap.

My goal is to try and figure out if time is a loop. Like some scientists claim.
And this to is also a part of evolution if you didn't know.

PS. When it comes to religion and the Bible. It also takes about evolution.

its just that the bible use different words.

Like: God formed Adam out of clay. When God forms something he is putting things together. Adam didn't just pop up from nowhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

"When i talk about dimensions and time you think i am talking about God as if he was a person or a tooth fairy. I am talking about God as a source."

Then you have your own definitions of words and there lies communication failure. You insist on the Great Sky Fairy being involved, but you can't show how, we must go on "faith". You aren't persuasive enough to convince me, sorry. Try converting some Krishnas.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:54 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

"When i talk about dimensions and time you think i am talking about God as if he was a person or a tooth fairy. I am talking about God as a source."

Then you have your own definitions of words and there lies communication failure. You insist on the Great Sky Fairy being involved, but you can't show how, we must go on "faith". You aren't persuasive enough to convince me, sorry. Try converting some Krishnas.

OMG are you kidding me!!!

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
When it comes to religion and the Bible. It also talkes about evolution.
Its just that the bible use different words.

Like: God formed Adam out of clay. When God forms and shapes something he is also putting things together. Adam didn't just pop up from nowhere.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
When it comes to religion and the Bible. It also takes about evolution.

Like: God formed Adam out of clay. When God forms and shapes something he is also putting things together. Adam didn't just pop up from nowhere.

True, Adam didn't pop up from nowhere. He never existed.

Do you have the BuyBull-to-English translation website URL, please? The one you use to decide what the "different words" are? I'd love to see it.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by spy66
When it comes to religion and the Bible. It also takes about evolution.

True, Adam didn't pop up from nowhere. He never existed.

I know because you think Adam came from a chimp. And that's what you think because that's what you read. I read the same thing.

You use modern definitions to subscribe that the bible is wrong.
Modern science have different names put on the different stages of human involvement. The Bible just uses Adam. There is nothing wrong with that.

Remember Adam is just a "name" given to something. Just like science gives names to things as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:05 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

"I know because you think Adam came from a chimp. And that's what you think because that's what you read. I read the same thing."

I don't think Adam came from a chimp, I think he was a wholly made up story told around a camp-fire in the Bronze Age.

"You use modern definitions to subscribe that the bible is wrong.
Modern science have different names put on the different stages of human involvement. The Bible just uses Adam. There is nothing wrong with that."

You're making up your definitions as you go along, aren't you? You are vainly struggling to justify your position on this and it's just not working. How elastic is your faith? You've certainly stretched it all out of shape.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:15 AM
link   

reply to post by spy66

"I know because you think Adam came from a chimp. And that's what you think because that's what you read. I read the same thing."

I don't think Adam came from a chimp, I think he was a wholly made up story told around a camp-fire in the Bronze Age.

"You use modern definitions to subscribe that the bible is wrong.
Modern science have different names put on the different stages of human involvement. The Bible just uses Adam. There is nothing wrong with that."

You're making up your definitions as you go along, aren't you? You are vainly struggling to justify your position on this and it's just not working. How elastic is your faith? You've certainly stretched it all out of shape.

LoL.

What is the purpose of a name? It is used to give something a identity?

A name has no value at all its just a ID put on a value.

A car has no value to you unless you also get the machine as well.

posted on Apr, 11 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

Okay, so I just had my poodle, (oatmeal and coffee). Later I'll take my banana to the lumber yard to pick up some wood. Then, after spider (burgers today!) I'll dig up the yard looking for a Jean-Luc Picard that's been tunneling under my green starship.

Words are kind of useful when we use them consistently, aren't they?

top topics

<< 59  60  61    63  64  65 >>

join