It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

21 Dallas police officers reprimanded for high-speed pursuit of suspect

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   

21 Dallas police officers reprimanded for high-speed pursuit of suspect

www.dallasnews.com

Twenty-one Dallas police officers were disciplined Thursday for violating department policy during a high-speed pursuit in September that left one of them seriously injured.

None of the officers were authorized to be involved in the 28-minute chase that began in Lake Highlands when a driver tried to run over several officers during a confrontation in an apartment parking lot.

(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
cbs11tv.com
www.truveo.com
www.wfaa.com

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 05:37 PM
link   
First off, I havent found any related threads.I put this in breaking alternative news because it ties into how officers seem to think they can do anything they want whenever they want and the abuses of power that cops often commit

21 officers in my city, Dallas Texas have violated Car chase policy.

I am disugsted at the utter lack of respect that these cops have shown for the rules. These cops have proven themselves to be hypocrites because they think that its ok for them to vioate the rules but not for anyone else.

Some of them even turned off their sirens and dash-cams during the pursuit. Its like they were trying to hide what they were doiing. They knew what they were doing was wrong yet they did it anyway!

Also in October a police officer in Dallas who was going 29 miles over the speed limit hit and killed a ten year old child on riding their bike.

I am glad that the 21 officers have actually been punished but I am disgusted at how small the punishment was!

If any other person in the word drove around like they did, causing a wreck and violationg all these rules, they would be in jail!

Cops who pull stuff like this need to be made an example of!I mean, Their reckless behavior could have led to someone being killed! They caused a wreck for god sake! Suspension just isnt enough.

When will people stand up and do something about the hypocritical way cops act.

Any cops who read this, YOU ARE NOT ABOVE THE LAW!

www.dallasnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Was the police officer that killed the girl chasing someone or anything? Or did he just think he had something important to do.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   

On October 17, 2008 10-year-old Cole Berardi died after he was struck by a Dallas police officer while riding his bike. The accident occurred on South Beltline Road in Southeast Dallas at approximately 8:00 PM. A Dallas Police Department officer was responding to a call when his squad car struck the child as he was riding his bicycle in the street. Berardi was rushed to Baylor Medical Center where he was pronounced dead shortly thereafter.

This is another event that happened here in dallas. The police officcer was speeding 29 MPH over the speed limit and according to the Dallas Police Department's own policy.

officers can only go 20 miles faster than the speed limit with flashing lights and sirens. In school zones and residential areas, officers must follow the posted speed limits. The only exceptions are when another officer's life is in danger or during a pursuit.

This boy died because an officer felt it was ok to break his own Police departments policy. Cops are so hypocritical. How in the world is it ok for them to break the rules, but the second a civilian does we hear, Get on the ground and put your hands behind your back or you well be tazed...

Its just disgusting the way the police abuse their power.

join