It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. USDA Ignores Possibility of Contaminated Meat Imported From Mexico

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   

U.S. USDA Ignores Possibility of Contaminated Meat Imported From Mexico

www.cspinet.org

Of 37 Mexican plants authorized to export to the U.S., ten were inspected by the USDA in the spring of 1999. Because USDA found serious deficiencies, it inspected 15 additional plants that November. Eight of those 25 plants — 32 percent — flunked USDA’s inspections because of such violations as fecal contamination, not having hand soap at the workers’ hand-washing facilities, meat being stored under insanitary conditions, failure to sanitize contaminated equipment, and failure to conduct bacteria tests on a random basis. The USDA inspectors also found serious deficiencies in the Mexican laboratories that are supposed to test the meat for deadly Salmonella bacteria.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.heritage.org

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Product of US Canada Mexico***Edit to add***

I just got back from grocery store and almost every package of meat had that label on it. I asked store manager about it and was told that the label just meant that it may or may not come from those countries. I left my entire cart there, turned every package of it upside down so maybe others would check package more closely. Has anyone else noticed this in their local grocery stores?

www.cspinet.org...

WASHINGTON — According to official internal reports, about one-third of the Mexican meat slaughtering and processing plants inspected by the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) were so ill-equipped, dirty, or otherwise in violation of USDA safety rules that they were barred from exporting to the U.S. However, senior USDA officials rejected the recommendation of USDA’s inspectors to immediately audit “Mexico’s entire meat inspection system.”

www.cspinet.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 27-2-2009 by ohioriver]

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 03:49 PM
link   
After visiting Mexico several times, and observing their health standards i.e. lack washing of hands, throwing soiled toiletpaper in the trash can(overflowing), I would never eat any meat that comes from there, thats playing Russian roulet with my health.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Good find!

There was a thread here on ATS not too long ago talking about beef coming from 3 different countries. I'll link it below...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It has lots of info in it, though I'm not sure it contains the inspection data you provide.

Its seems a very common label on ground beef. Are you saying you found it on other cuts of beef (like steaks and roasts) as well?

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by 38181

Have you noticed any of those products in your local grocery store? They are marked "Product of US Canada Mexico".

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

There were only a couple cuts of meat that didn't have that label on it. Pork,steak,roast,frog legs(china),hamburger(ground beef 73/27) all had the "Product of US Canada Mexico" on them.

new topics

top topics

join