It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul "Probably" Won't Make Another White House Bid

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Ron Paul "Probably" Won't Make Another White House Bid

www.cbsnews.com...

(CBS)Rep. Ron Paul (R-Texas), whose bid for the GOP presidential nomination last year electrified libertarians and generated a passionate following online, told Bob Schieffer that he will "probably" not run for president in 2012 during a special "Washington Unplugged" interview.

In a free-flowing conversation, Paul was pessimistic about both the direction of his party and the country.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Personally, I would like to see him run again.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
His loss.

I voted for Obama this time, not because he is the one I thought is the best guy for office (I still think Hillary would be better), but because McCain was such a looser (especially when he added Palin to his campaign)...

If GOP had Ron there, now they would be in control again, cuz I would vote (even though I'm democrat) for him, but, nooooo, they could not give the damn WAR up, they like it so much more that this country, apparently

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Paul will be 76 in 2012. 2008 was his last shot and it's too bad for him the economic mess didn't strike a year earlier.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Make Speed Limit 45
Paul will be 76 in 2012. 2008 was his last shot and it's too bad for him the economic mess didn't strike a year earlier.

Ron Paul is a doctor who takes better care of his health than most people. It is possible that at 76 he may be in good enough shape whereby he would consider the run. No one is indispensable but his message and other bright ideas are necessary for the juggernaut of freedom. The message is be tough on problems but be gentle on people. In my thoughts that is the best argument, good ideas will outlast the pleothra of bad ones.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
If he was dead in a casket he'd still make for a better President than the last and current one.

Just stand his corpse up to the podium..that's good enough for me. We'll just play some youtube videos to voice over the mic.

Could you imagine if he was actually president right now and how differently things would be?

Would we still be in some hurt...definitely..possibly worse...but we would actually be headed in the RIGHT direction.

He'd cut government spending and cut income taxes as soon as he could. Cut gobs of wasteful spending...wiping out the fed....returning power to where it should be...the states.

And most of all...we know what he would do because the man doesn't lie and is probably the most honest politician out there.

Could you imagine actually trusting a President again?

It's been a long time since i've done that...if ever.

holy hell what a mistake that we made.

posted on Feb, 27 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
also--- ron paul is very humble

he realizes it's not about him

it's the movement,,, the ideas he represents,,,, that is attracting people to his cause

and i guess that is great,,, because they will live on regardless if ron paul is there to express them or not

many people all over the us are getting involved in the local level and will work there way up,,, which is probably the best way and best chance we have of succeeding long term

posted on Feb, 28 2009 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by shortywarn
also--- ron paul is very humble

he realizes it's not about him

it's the movement,,, the ideas he represents,,,, that is attracting people to his cause

I don't trust Paul. In 2008 he continually said he accepts the Bush story on 911!!!. He was lying. Like every congressman he knows our govt was involved.

new topics

top topics

join