It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Injured good Samaritan ticketed for jaywalking

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Injured good Samaritan ticketed for jaywalking

news.yahoo.com

A good Samaritan who helped push three people out of the path of a pickup truck before being struck and injured has gotten a strange reward for his good deed: A jaywalking ticket.

Moffett suffered bleeding in the brain, broken bones, a dislocated shoulder and a possible ruptured spleen. He was in serious but stable condition Wednesday.

Moffett had been driving his bus when the two women got off. In the interest of safety, he got out and, together with another passenger, helped the ladies cross
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok, so Jim Moffett is a bus driver who, along with another passenger, decided to get off the bus he was driving to help two elderly passengers cross the street. Apparently, they were jay-walking across the street and a truck was closing in. At the last second, Moffett pushed both the elderly passengers and the other passenger out of the way. Moffett was hit by the truck and awoke in the hospital with a ticket.

Trooper Ryan Sullivan said that despite Moffett's intentions, jaywalking contributed to the accident.

Yes, I'm sure there is some merit to Trooper Sullivan's claim. However, I think it is very poor taste to issue a ticket to this guy. I've seen worse infractions slide and it is very surprising that they issued this ticket.

news.yahoo.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
I'm not surprised at all, given the economic climate, the cities and counties are strictly enforcing revenue generation laws, as well as looking for new and ingenious ways to get into our pockets.

join