It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD Exercise Over Washington, D.C. Metro Area.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   

NORAD Exercise Over Washington, D.C. Metro Area.

www.norad.mil

TYNDALL AIR FORCE BASE, Fla. – The North American Aerospace Defense Command and its geographical component, the Continental United States NORAD Region (CONR), will conduct a one-day exercise, Falcon Virgo 09-05, Feb. 26 in the National Capital Region, Washington, D.C.

Exercise Falcon Virgo is designed to hone NORAD’s intercept and identification operations, as well as procedural tests of the NCR Visual Warning System....
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wjla.com

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I just felt that I would give some folks on here a Heads up, especially given the State-of-Affairs of Living in the National Capital Region this Day-and-Age.

For those who might Panic, I hope this Alleviates any Fears, and for those who are Interested, I hope this brings forth a bit of Excitement.

I just received word that NORAD, along with the CAP, will be conducting Joint Exercises over the Washington, D.C. Metropolitan Area over the next 48-72 Hours (Beginning Early Thursday Morning, 26FEB09, Length of Ops Dependent Upon Presence Of VFR Conditions/Reschedule If IFR Conditions are Present (Aside From Clear Night Conditions) ). For the Most Part the OPS will take Place in the Evening/Early Morning Hours (For Multiple Reasons such as Air-Traffic, and Night-based VWS Testing).

It is designated: Exercise Operation Falcon Virgo (09-05), and the USCG will be involved along with NORAD, CAP, FAA, NCRCC, JADOC, CONR, and the CONR's Western Air Defense Sector. The Most Prominent Aircraft will be CAP General Aviation Props, and USCG HH-65 Dolphin Helos.

If anyone has Receivers, or Scanners, this could turn out to be an interesting event to listen in on. More so, if anyone has the ability to put forth a Live Feed, or better yet Record the Transmissions, then this Event could undoubtedly provide some interesting Material for ALL of us here on ATS.

ALSO, if none of you are familiar with the System, the National Capital Region (NCR) Visual Warning System (VWS) will also be Running in Full Test Mode. This System utilizes a Laser Display which puts forth a Concentrated Beam, yet Spread-out Pattern, of Red-Green-Red Strobe-Like Flashes, and it has a seriously Bright Flash. A Close Acquaintance of mine caught a glimpse of it from Five Miles Out (On Ground Level, In Fog) a few years ago, and it nearly scared them to death. It is a System designed so as to leave no doubt in a Pilot's Mind that they are about to Violate RSA. I dare say however, that the system might cause an unknowing Pilot to freak out and crash, especially at Night, but let us hope not.

Key:

USCG- United States Coast Guard.
NORAD- North American Aerospace Defense Command.
CAP- Civil Air Patrol.
FAA- Federal Aviation Administration.
NCRCC- National Capital Region Command Center.
NCR- National Capital Region.
JADOC- Joint Air Defense Operations Center.
CONR- Continental United States NORAD Region.
RSA- Restricted Airspace.
VWS- Visual Warning System.

www.norad.mil
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:03 AM
link   
you know the first thing i can think of is the 7-7 London Bombings. How just so Conviently All the personel were doing an excersice on the exact same locationS, on the exact exact same scenario. Everyone was there to tend to the wounded and dead. It is so Sad that in todays day, Everyone must now wonder if when our government wants to practice an "excersice" That if that practice wil be on you.

Google Video Link

[edit on 26-2-2009 by UnitedSatesofFreemasons]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 04:06 AM
link   
reply to post by UnitedSatesofFreemasons

Not to forget the 911 excercises.

Linea Secundaris.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Forget the ceiling of 45,000 feet, look above that, you will have some serious footage of things you should not be seeing. But i doubt any members on here have that sort of hardware. These opportunity's are very rare, so dont go blaming yourself or waisting cerebral energy in contemplating the "what if"

Its stupidly so obvious that it only requires about 1/10th of resources to ridicule the most obvious.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by enigmania

Not to forget the 911 excercises.

Linea Secundaris.

If I may add lets not forget the oklahoma bombing to the list.

same as above

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Video and Link aren't working for me here in Australia.

If you still have the video, could you make it downloadable please?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:20 AM
link   
Is this the anniversary of the WTC 93 bombing? The lasers sound neat and I have friends and family all over that region. I'll update if I hear anything relevant.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 06:25 AM
link   
Make sure you put on your tin foil hat mateys!
Posto Blamo

new topics

top topics

join