It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chippewa Prediction, Lucky Guess or Prophecy?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Mary Summer Rain is a medicine woman for the Chippewa. This is a list of some of her predictions taken from crystalinks.com...

Don't know if anyone has already made a post for this, but there's some very accurate descriptions of the current times in here.

No years are given for the events predicted.
Most information references the US.

Economic

Massive blue collar strikes
Relocation of key factories overseas
Extended import-export embargoes/taxations
Widespread factory shutdowns
Excessive taxation
Small business failures
Insolvency of many banks
Stock market misdealings/decline
Drastic construction decline
Devaluation of real estate
Increase in corporate crime
Drop in level of manufactured goods
Increase of corporate monopolies/takeovers
Increase in personal bankruptcies
Widespread layoffs
Cash as only accepted tender

Natural Disasters

Major devastation in California
Earthquakes in new areas
Inactive craters become unsettled
Mountains become unstable
Return of the dust bowl
Record-breaking flooding
Tornadoes increase intensity and occasion
Liquefaction of soil beneath faults
Intensified hurricane devastation
Freak wind gusts/accidents
Soil erosion
Increased radon levels
Insect infestation
Sink holes
Rapid temperature inversions
Unusually frigid winters/deadly blizzards
Seeping natural gas (fires/explosions)
Widespread surface blazes
Major quake of the New Madrid Fault
Greenish hue to atmosphere
Higher pollution levels

Transportation Accidents

Plane crashes increase
Shipping disasters increase
Higher incidents of train derailments/accidents

Freak Deaths and Accidents

Amusement park disasters
Increase in homicide/suicide
Freak household accidents
Disease outbreaks
Several catastrophic propane explosions
Germ Warfare release accident Gulf War Illness?

Discord Amng Nations

Grave economic differences
Arms escalation
Terrorism increases
Undeclared wars
Clandestine dealings between countries
High-level secrecy

Spiritual Unrest and Awakening

Questioning masses
Political church actions
Government interventions
Repression from certain religious sects
Increased UFO sightings
Interaction with other intelligences
Acceptance of the paranormal and the afterlife
Religious sects going to court to force their restrictions on all

Nuclear Incidents

Several close meltdowns/leaks
Seeping radioactive dump sites
Two catastrophic meltdowns One to go.
Radioactive pollution of land/rivers
Major accidents of trucks carrying nuclear missiles/radioactive waste
Radioactive releases caused by geological instability

Civil Unrest

Resistance movements
Draft evasion
Public's discovery of coverups
Nuclear exchange

Massive Revolts and Government Turnaround

Taxation refusals
War resistance
Policy disagreements within government
Major upheaval within governments

Rise of the Age of Peace

Total equality among people
Discontinuance of all meat ingestion
Construction reforms
Cessation of most severe natural disasters
Pollution-free energy innovations using Earth's magnetic field
Rise of the Indian Nation through widespread adaptation of its ways of natural living

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
hisz.rsoe.hu is an excellent site for disasters around the world.

If you check it as much as i do you know there's been a ton of the transportation incidents she names. As well as plenty of new minor nuclear incidents. Overall it's a pretty accurate list in my opinion

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:15 AM
link   
She has some list there. Sadly most of it is coming to fruition.
Post.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Lemme point out a few key points happening right now

Economic: She gets everything spot-on, except the last one saying cash as only accepted tender. Is that coming up? Very good description of the economic crisis. Corporate crime seen in Madoff and Stanford in particular. Widespread layoffs are getting worse and worse. Blue collar strikes at Detroit and Boeing. Small business failures and personal bankruptcies are getting out of hand. I could go on and on but if your on this site reading this, you already know this is all happening.

Natural Disasters: Again nearly everything she lists is going on right now. We can only hope California doesn't get screwed but with the fault line, fires, and a major drought things don't look good. Also New Madrid faultline major earthquake has yet to happen. Mountains becoming unstable is a scary one considering Yellowstone's recent swarm and Mt.Redoubt rdy to blow.

Transportation Accidents: hisz.rsoe.hu All you need to see how accurate this one is. Planes droppin like flies, tankers sinking all over, trains hitting trucks or derailing. Quick question to consider, which of the two scenarios is more unlikely? Two sattelites hitting each other, or 2 nuclear subs. Seriously, each set somehow managed to hit each other!

Freak Deaths: Might be the least accurate of all the categories, but maybe i just haven't been seeing it in the news. Disease outbreaks are the best pick here i think due to the recent samonella outbreak.

Dscrd Among Nations: All are happening but hard to give too much credit because at any given time in the 20-21st century pretty much all were happening anyways.

Spiritual Unrest: This looks like it is about to materialize but has not yet happened. It's definitely a NWO type of thing.

Nuclear incidents: Once again hisz.rsoe.hu is what you need to see this one clearly. Nuclear power plants have been shutting down briefly all over the place. HAZMAT incidents as well are increasing. Obviously still more events to come from this prediction.

Civil Unrest: Sadly I'm expecting this will happen in the near future. Let's just hope there's no nuke exchange. We already see riots occuring across the globe.

Massive Revolts and Government Turnaround: Yep, in the process. Look in the news about the 52000 swiss accounts to dodge taxes. And we've seen Iceland and Latvia already collapse.

Rise of Peace: This one is the downer for me. I just don't see it happening. Honestly I think the only reason it's in there is because she is Chippewa and felt obligated or pressured to include a bright picture in the end.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:05 AM
link   
funny this should come up after reading about that amsterdam crash.
just checked out that disaster site it's trippy

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 06:41 AM
link   
I think it is highly accurate. As somebody with a history of paranormal experiences, I have found an increase both in my personal life and what I have seen in others.

I have managed to record a lot of data to the validity of paranormal phenomena in my life alone, although I have had experiences going back to when I was four.

However, there seems to be more of an influx of genuine evidence that has been recorded around the world. I also know the part about UFOs being true. After my experience, between the ages of 12-14, I kept seeing UFOs filling the skies in my dreams. It is becoming more commonplace and the acceptance of UFOs and the paranormal is more widespread than when I was a child.

When I was a child, the thought of anybody having an experience of the paranormal, Bigfoot, UFOs and such-like was regarded as myth, hypocrisy, and taboo. You were treated, as if, you had a hallucination. Essentially, to speak about such things, you were ridiculed.

There is more of an openness now, then in the 70's. relating to these subjects.

I lived with the Ojibwa people for some time in the late 80's. Although, they never mentioned the prophecies to me-they seemed more prepared for any event of any proportion.

Sasquatch and UFOs were not unknown to them, and much more readily acceptable then they were to the 'white' men philosophy. I am not using the slang racially, as being of middle eastern descent with European blood mixed in-I am referring to their philosophy not being in line with what the Europeans brought over when they colonized North America.

I don't find any of her prophecies unrealistic, and in fact, they concur I believe with what has been written in the scriptures and even concur with Nostradamus.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Is there any source showing when she made these predictions? Or an explanation of how she knows such specific details?

I'm not trying to argue for or against the validity of these prophecies, but other than the last two categories, is this not just a list of pretty much everything bad that could happen, barring zombie apocalypse?

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Without a time frame in which she believed these things would occur, it's just a list of disasters anyone could come up with.

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 08:37 AM
link   
If you say enough stuff your bound to get somthing right.... this woman has oral diareha. Maybe i should make a web page and claim that every possible disaster will happen sometime in the future. So people like you will swallow it hook line and sinker... then i can buy a nice house and forever feed off of ignorance.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by Wertdagf]

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:07 AM
link   
Man, stuff like this kills me!
Let's start from the beginning...

I work in American Indian Affairs, and the first red flag for me was the name given - Mary Summer Rain. Yeah right. And she's a Chippewa?! Chippewas don't have/give names like that. Those type of names are common in Montana, and among some western and southern plains Indians, but I've never met a Chippewa with a name like that.

Secondly, there is NO political entity known as "The Chippewa Nation." There are several federally-recognized BANDS of Chippewa Indians, but no "Chippewa Nation." Don't believe me? Google the term.

Third, I've never met a medicine woman who would so readily share her gifts with non-Natives.

I thought we were supposed to "deny ignorance" here on ATS! We could start be collectively reading more critically. It's unfortunate that Native Americans are continually exploited like this - and, YES, this is exploitation...using tidbits of someone's folklore to support an alternative agenda...it happens so often because very few Americans ever take the time to learn anything substantial about Native cultures & traditions, much less tribal governments...we can certainly do better here on ATS, cant' we?

Sorry, I certainly don't mean to offend anyone, but I see this kind of garbage everywhere. It's not helping anyone, certainly not Natives, who are perpetually portrayed inaccurately, everywhere you look...

posted on Feb, 25 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by nicholaswa

Thanx for vigilance and good information. I appreciate your professional opinion.
Star for you.

Edit: spelling.

[edit on 25-2-2009 by twilightzone]

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:45 AM
link   
thanks for your comments, once again the title is guess or prophecy for a reason. There are a lot of vague or "happen all the time anyways" predictions. But before you disregard this whole thing just think about a couple of points.

thanks to nicholaswa for pointing this out and causing me to look this person up for more info. I know wikipedia ain't the best source but here it is
en.wikipedia.org...

She is an author of over 25 books. It states that she got her name from a Chippewa visionary woman, but doesn't mention her being Chippewa herself and found nothing to say she herself was a medicine woman. So again thanks for helping to clear that up and get to the facts.

If i could change the title now, i would, but the question remains on how valid her remarks are now. It doesn't matter where she came from it matters that these predictions are quite accurate in my opinion. So that's what I want your comments on, prophecy or coincidence?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Absolutely coincidence. Couldn't the average American have predicted many, if not all of those happenings?

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
it certainly is possible, in fact it most likely is pure coincidence.

posted on Mar, 1 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by salty-red

That's a lot of generic predictions. Like many things, the more you throw out there, the more likely that something will stick.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Here are just a couple of prophesies from up here in Alaska from an Inupiaq tribe.

1. There will soon be either 2 summers or 2 winters consecutively.
2. Waters will rise to the point where most cities on coastlines will have to relocate.

I strongly believe in prophesies told by any native american or indiginous people, we have had a connection with the earth and land for millenia uncounted, so it should be reasonable to say that any prediction from any indigenous group should be taken more seriously.

Just my thoughts.

posted on Mar, 3 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i find it so interesting how many ancient prophecies from all kinds of cultures point to the same time period describing the same circumstances. I think that's the number one reason why these prophecies should be taken seriously, almost no matter what religion or culture your from, they all point to the same time, now.

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by salty-red
Lemme point out a few key points happening right now

Transportation Accidents: hisz.rsoe.hu All you need to see how accurate this one is. Planes droppin like flies, tankers sinking all over, trains hitting trucks or derailing.

Don't exaggerate!

Rise of Peace: This one is the downer for me. I just don't see it happening. Honestly I think the only reason it's in there is because she is Chippewa and felt obligated or pressured to include a bright picture in the end.

You don't see it happening because we are not there yet.
Before a new structure/order can arise the old system has to break down completely. Google Dissipative Structures.
The "old" system is already breaking but as I said, we are not there yet....

[edit on 4-3-2009 by thegreatobserver]

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
That's what it says reg. the Chippewa Prophecies: No years are given for the events predicted.

Well, you can pretty much name whatever you want, maybe in a few hundred or thousand years it will come to pass.....her time reference is pretty much eternity....

posted on Mar, 4 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Am I missing something here? I do not see a date as to when these predictions were made nor is there any timeline for them to occur.

If these were made in the last year or two then any cred is lost. However even if they were made 10 years ago and no dates were offered, then well, eventually all will occur at some point in time.

top topics

join