It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weird Lumps!!!!! Help!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Hi Everyone,

I just recently noticed that there have been a small lump on my neck. I thought that I should just wait it out and maybe it will go away. The lump was big but then miraculously went away. Then the next day I found another lump on the left side of my neck. About the size of a small marble. I thought to just wait it out again, but then another lump appeared a couple days later. Then a few days after I found another and then another and now I have 4 small lumps on my neck and I am really scared that I could have cancer or a worse disease! Please help!!!

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 24 Feb 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
How about going to the doctor. It is impossible for anyone here to diagnose you.

Good luck!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:02 PM
link   
If you are taking iron containing vitamins, STOP!!! NOW!!!

You may be suffering from Iron overdose.

Also a bacterial infection might be likely. Something to the like of subcutaneous cysts or boils.

[edit on 24/2/2009 by reticledc]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Soft lumps? hard lumps? Real bad acne? Cysts? Boils? Way too many possibility's.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
How about going to the doctor. It is impossible for anyone here to diagnose you.

Good luck!!

This is the best advice you can have here. GO see an MD. Any attempts to diagnose you based on this without an actual physical exam or diagnotic imagry etc. is a shot in the dark at best, fatal at worst.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:05 PM
link   
Go see a doctor! Don't worry yourself until then, but make an appointment and they'll check you out.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Well I am only 13 years old and I am scared and thats why I cant go to the doctor

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:16 PM
link   
reply to post by xCowmanx

That makes no sense at all. Just go to the doctor it's free for you. I wouldn't worry too much puberty does strange things to you.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:19 PM
link   
13 huh? Score one for the acne guess. In all seriousness, a doctors visit wouldn't hurt. Have your parents not seen the lumps?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Well im just scared that it will be cancer!! and not to brag but I am kinda popular at school and I have already had appendix problems and if i get another disease I will be like one of those kids who are always sick and im just scared and I DONT KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I highly doubt you have cancer. Are your nodes swollen or is it random bumps all over your neck?

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
and no my parents have not seen the lumps and I do not have any acne or anything like that!!! The lumps are pretty hard and there are 4 of them about in the same spot

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:24 PM
link   
they are just random lumps in my neck and are painless and really small

link   

What to do is go to the doctor.

If you are this scared, it is your only option.

link   
Taken From: www.umm.edu...

"There are many causes of lumps in the neck. The most frequently seen lumps or swellings are enlarged lymph nodes, which can be caused by bacterial or viral infections, malignancy, or other rare causes.

Enlargement of the salivary glands under the jaw may result from infection or malignancy. Lumps in the muscles of the neck -- almost always in the front of the neck -- result from injury or torticollis. Lumps in the skin or just below the skin are often caused by cysts, including sebaceous cysts.

The thyroid gland may also produce a lump, multiple lumps, or swelling in the neck as a result of thyroid disease or malignancy. Most cancers of the thyroid gland are extremely slow-growing and often curable by surgery even if they have been present for several years.

All neck lumps in children and adults should be checked immediately. In children, most of them are caused by treatable infections. However, treatment should start quickly to prevent either spread of the infection or complications. As adults age, the likelihood of the lump being a cancer does increase, particularly for those who smoke or drink significant amounts of alcohol. Fortunately, most lumps in adults are not cancers."

I figure the last sentence might calm you down.

[edit on 24-2-2009 by NateNute]

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:27 PM
link   
My lumps are in the back of my neck and are smaller than a penny

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:28 PM
link   

You know what you need to do! Go see your Dr. I remember at your age I thought I had meningitis, I was too scared to see a Dr. also turns out it was nothing and I wasted my whole summer worrying. Just go

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 09:31 PM
link   
well thanks a lot....everyone.....I guess I am just gonna have to go see a doctor.....thanks everyone!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Surely, if nothing else, you can have the nurse at your school look at it.

Does your school have a nurse's office??

posted on Apr, 13 2009 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xCowmanx
they are just random lumps in my neck and are painless and really small

First of all....GO SEE A DAMN DOCTOR AND STOP COMPLAINING!!

Secondly, it may be a sebaceous cyst (certainly sounds like one). These are no problem unless they become infected. 3 weeks ago I had a severely infected one on my back, which ended with me having it cut out under local anaesthetic. All that happens is they give you several needles to numb the area and will slice open the area and pull out the cyst. I wont lie because even though you have the area numbed, it may still hurt a bit.

Like I said, if it is a sebaceous cyst, they usually go away after time, and only become a problem if they get infected.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join