It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your top 5 "I remember exactly what I was doing when..."

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
In no particular order:

1. 9/11 of course, I remember the guy calmly walking into my office and telling me that his wife called him and told him that a plane just flew into the WTC. Who knew how much more would happen that day? Nobody worked.

2. The Challenger blowing up, I remember I was in high school and lunch period was just ending and some kid ran up and told us that the space shuttle just blew up after takeoff. We spent the whole next period, chemistry class, watching it over and over on the news.

3. The attempted Reagan assassination, I was in fifth grade and we spent all day watching the news, no classwork.

4. Watching my home team Oilers blow a 32 point lead to the Bills in the playoffs, I soiled myself and my couch in my first apartment.

5. Watching the A's/Giants World Series when the earthquake happened. The screen started shaking and Al Michaels cut out. I was sitting in my dorm room, a freshman at SFA.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Love

1. I have to go with 9/11 as well. I remember been waken up by the sirens outside my window going down West Street to the WTC.

2. Almost being killed by a falling closet as I was sleeping during a massive earthquake in Greece.

3. My first kiss.

4. Game 6 and the Mets winning the world series in 1986.

5. My wedding day.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
4. Game 6 and the Mets winning the world series in 1986.

Damn, I should have made it 10!
I remember that moment clearly along with Douglas knocking out Tyson.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
In no particular order:

9/11 - On a business trip where I watched the horror unfold in a hotel room.

Death of Elvis P - On floating bridge in Seattle

Start of Desert Storm - In Seattle office watching on Presidents tv.

Challenger Explosion - In school

Obama Victory - Home

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
As with most of you 911 definitely..at home on the phone with my mother, we were stunned.

The Challenger explosion, I remember the camera kept focusing on the poor parents of the teacher.

The reading of the verdict of the OJ Simpson trial. I kept peeking around the corner, like I was watching a horror movie. I couldn't believe the outcome.

The release of the hostages in Iran after over a year of captivitly. I still have a copy of the Boston Globe from that day. I remember being almost out of breath from relief.

Can't think of more at the moment.

@SchroDog. lol at remembering where you were on your wedding day. I am sure your wife appreciates that...was that also the day of your first kiss.

Perhaps I should add the day my children were born...I was a bit groggy.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blogstalker
The reading of the verdict of the OJ Simpson trial. I kept peeking around the corner, like I was watching a horror movie. I couldn't believe the outcome.

Standing in the office hallway watching the TV next to the elevator.

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   

@SchroDog. lol at remembering where you were on your wedding day. I am sure your wife appreciates that...

The interesting thing about that day is that I was no where near my wedding.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog

@SchroDog. lol at remembering where you were on your wedding day. I am sure your wife appreciates that...

The interesting thing about that day is that I was no where near my wedding.

Ok now that demands an explaination. But even so you should still remember where you were on your wedding day.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
1. John Lennon assassinated - I was a yung-un and didn't have the foggiest idea who John Lennon was, but for some reason I sat up and paid attention when it came on as special 'breaking' news segment.

2. Challenger disaster - Middle school. A kid running through the halls screaming that the space shuttle blew up. Hard to forget that.

3. 9/11 - I was woken up with the declaration that we (the US) were being bombed and under attack.

4. Reagan assassination attempt - In school, much like Dr Love, watching the news all day

5. Rock Hudson dying of AIDS - Didn't really know much of Rock Hudson either, but I paid attention

I was going to say, 'The first time I had sex', but I'm probably better off forgetting that and I can't remember the last time.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravelerintheDark
I was going to say, 'The first time I had sex', but I'm probably better off forgetting that and I can't remember the last time.

Well, I really meant world events. It sounds strange to say "I remember exactly what I was doing when I first had sex".

Peace

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Love
Well, I really meant world events. It sounds strange to say "I remember exactly what I was doing when I first had sex".

Peace

I know... I wish they'd hurry up with that 'amnesia' pill

Kidding and it does which gave me a laugh. Thanks for that

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Ok heres showing my age but I remember the tennis match between Billy Jean King and Bobby Riggs...one of the first battle of the sexes. Billy Jean won btw.

i was watching my mother iron in the dinning room as she listen to the match on the radio.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   
1.) Elvis died, was sitting on floor in hotel room watching T.V.
2.) Mt. St. Helens eruption, at school.
3.) 911 Didn't have TV, I walked to my neighbors house with my baby.
saw it on TV. Around 9:00.
That's about it.

posted on Feb, 24 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well i am a young one, so i dd not get to see many things like you peeps.

1 - 911 of course. I was in grade 5 when my cousin ran up and said the twin towers collapsed. I remember we went to the office where there was tv and cable. There was already a lot of people there but i remember when the second plane hit live, wow, shiver down my spine right now.

2 - Sars Concert in Toronto. Yea, i was one of the dots in crowd, up front. Saw ACDC, Stones, Rush, Guess who all live. What a crazy concert.

3 - I remember sitting at home, watching Katrina, for 5 days, still people did not get food, water or rescue. Horrible.

4 - First black president, i can say i saw that.

5 - I Remember the declaration of war on Iraq.

I know the list isn't great, but i am actually glad i was not old enough to see Lennon get gunned down.

new topics

top topics

join