It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Universal Vaccine Media Myths

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Universal Vaccine Media Myths

www.recombinomics.com

These media myths are repeated and create many misconceptions, which can be significant downside in the management of seasonal and pandemic influenza. They create an illusion of a near term universal vaccine that can lead to a single injection that will give long term protection against a wide range of influenza's, including various seasonal flu serotypes and pandemic influenza.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:52 PM
link   
So the media is trying to make us feel unrealistically comfortable about the threat of pandemic flu, eh?

Human to human transfer of H5N1 continues in China and they have had as many deaths this year as all of last. Here they are touting a universal vaccine that is not even a vaccine yet and does not cover all the clades either. What could there possible motivation be?

The requirement for high levels of monoclonal antibodies present serious practical considerations. Monoclonal antibodies for the treatment of various chronic conditions already exist and provide insight into the cost an utility of antibody treatment. Humira is approved for the treatment of rheumatoid arthritis. However, it is used at a dose of 40 mg/injection, or 1/25 of the level used in the mice experiments. Of greater concern however is the duration of a therapeutic dose in vivo. Monotherapy treatment with Humira requires weekly injections.

www.recombinomics.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:41 PM
link   
I don't take flu shots, and I had the flu this year, a bad case of it.

But I guess I am the "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" type.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:48 PM
link   
Same!

But when the bird flu makes it into full human circulation I'll definitely consider a vaccination given the death rates.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Grey Magic
I don't take flu shots, and I had the flu this year, a bad case of it.

But I guess I am the "what doesn't kill you only makes you stronger" type.

"Fight through the pain, baby! WOOOOOOOO!"

Cole Train, nuff said.

For the most part I always get Flu shots but have started to reconsider as of late.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 11:33 PM
link   
I support vaccines but I'm not a believer of the flu vaccine. The problem with the flu vaccine is that it's sorta like the cold virus in that there's so many variants and it evolves so quickly. At best scientists can only guess which major varient would be prevalent for the next flu season, and they've guessed wrong before.

new topics

top topics

join