It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AIG is back for more!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Just saw this and I am pretty much speechless...

Source

NEW YORK (Reuters) - American International Group Inc and the U.S. government are engaged in talks that include the possibility of additional funds for the insurer and trading debt for equity, a source familiar with the matter said on Monday.

This will be the third time they have come looking for a handout! What part of "bankrupt" do they (or the US GOVT) not understand!

Move along everyone. Everything is fine here...

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Woohoo...i'm going to buy a house through them and then default on it!!

yeah...that's right...and everyone else can pay for it.

It's the American way!

We've got it made...don't have a house...let's all get one while the getting is still good!!

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
Demand an accounting for every dollar! Enough is enough! Let ALL these companies fail and let's take our lumps! It's time, and recovery will be that much quicker. Funny to how no one can really say what all "these dire ramifications" would be. I'm up for some trial and learn by fire. What I'm not up for is bailing out these clearly incompetant (or greedy and in bed with the pols) companies and their alleged leaders.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Funny to how no one can really say what all "these dire ramifications" would be. I'm up for some trial and learn by fire.

I am with you there! Lets see what happens. It can't be worse than this slow bleed that is killing us while the doctor sits there and tries to catch the blood and put it back in by I.V.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ag2000

It is much akin to a cookie jar and a child... give the kid a cookie and it will come back for another, and another, and...until the cookie jar is empty.

Give in to them once...they will continue to come back.

At what point does a parent say "NO"?

top topics

join