It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black patches

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Found all these interesting, so I'm posting as many as I can find along w/ any explanations I can find for them as well. If you have one I don't list PLEASE list it! This post w/ the patches will be followed by the explanations in the next. BTW, I don't take any credit for reasearch put into figuring out the symbolism, most of it I got from various websites/books.

More to come...

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Hmmm, interesting.....

Some of these might be real but I think someone is having a good laugh on some of them.

For example...

Gustatus Similis Pullus means Tastes Like Chicken.

posted on Feb, 26 2009 @ 03:35 AM
link   
Cool collection, this one's my favorite, www.nytimes.com...

check this out too! www.nytimes.com...

[edit on 26-2-2009 by alyosha1981]

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I knew I'd seen this somewhere before...
Here's the Neatorama article.

"
Many military programs are "black" or so top secret that they appear only as a single line item in the Department of Defense’s expense report.

But just because they’re secret, it doesn’t mean that they are without style or a sense of humor. Photographer Trevon Paglen has stumbled upon a strange way of documenting these black ops: each and every one of them has wonderfully strange military patches, the kind worn on uniforms:

“It’s a fresh approach to secret government,” Steven Aftergood, a security expert at the Federation of American Scientists in Washington, said in an interview. “It shows that these secret programs have their own culture, vocabulary and even sense of humor.”

One patch shows a space alien with huge eyes holding a stealth bomber near its mouth. “To Serve Man” reads the text above, a reference to a classic “Twilight Zone” episode in which man is the entree, not the customer. “Gustatus Similis Pullus” reads the caption below, dog Latin for “Tastes Like Chicken.”

Military officials and experts said the patches are real if often unofficial efforts at building team spirit. [...]

Trevor Paglen, an artist and photographer finishing his Ph.D. in geography at the University of California, Berkeley, has managed to document some of this hidden world. The 75 patches he has assembled reveal a bizarre mix of high and low culture where Latin and Greek mottos frame images of spooky demons and sexy warriors, of dragons dropping bombs and skunks firing laser beams.

“Oderint Dum Metuant,” reads a patch for an Air Force program that mines spy satellite images for battlefield intelligence, according to Mr. Paglen, who identifies the saying as from Caligula, the first-century Roman emperor famed for his depravity. It translates “Let them hate so long as they fear.”

Wizards appear on several patches. The one hurling lightning bolts comes from a secret Air Force base at Groom Lake, northwest of Las Vegas in a secluded valley. Mr. Paglen identifies its five clustered stars and one separate star as a veiled reference to Area 51, where the government tests advanced aircraft and, U.F.O. buffs say, captured alien spaceships.

And now, Trevor has published photographs of these military black ops patches in a book, aptly titled "I Could Tell You but Then You Would Have to Be Destroyed by Me," which itself is a translation of a patch for a Navy black project.
"

And here's the link
www.neatorama.com...

And here's the NYtimes article link
www.nytimes.com...

posted on Mar, 2 2009 @ 07:15 PM
link   
A good majority of the patches you have here are similar to ones I have seen before the one with the eyes is something used in my job field the unit is Observers something along the lines of mortars and artillery not so secret thought our missions are secret it's nothing like a conspiracy. The one about a Rapture is just a flight program for UAV's nothing more. Most Secret stuff isn't all that high speed we just like to cover our butts in the Gov.

new topics

top topics

join