It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret report reveals how MEP's make Millions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Secret report reveals how MEP's make Millions

www.timesonline.co.uk

A LEAKED internal report has revealed systematic abuses by Euro MPs of parliamentary allowances that enable them to pocket more than £1m in profits from a single five-year term, writes Jonathan Oliver.

The auditor’s confidential report, suppressed by the Brussels parliament, discloses the extraordinary frauds used by MEPs to siphon off staff allowances funded by taxpayers.

It shows that some claimed for paying assistants of whom no record exists, awarded them bonuses of up to 1½ times annual salary and diverted public money into front companies.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:50 AM
link   
I think most people in Europe already have a rather jaded view of the European Parliament and are well aware of the years of fraud and corruption perpetrated by those rewarded with MEP status.

This report, excerpts of which have been leaked, just go to show the level of corruption on an individual basis but is probably just the tip of the iceberg. If we, as European citizens, are to be held accountable for any financial or even moral indiscretions or outright fraud, then so too should be the lawmakers.

Keeping the full report confidential only serves to demonstrate the complete contempt that the European Parliament, and by extension our own national governments, have for the rule of law and the citizens who they supposedly represent.

It's time that these criminals are investigated and scrutinised to the same standards as the rest of us and, where applicable, should be forced to pay money back as well as facing criminal charges and jail time.

www.timesonline.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Bump this up. see if it gets any comments.

I can't believe nobody has commented so far. Maybe I posted too early in the day so it sank to the bottom of the pile.

Anyhoos.... I think it's important enough for all the seriously Pro-Europe folks to see and digest, and maybe get them thinking about just what is it that the European Parliament offers and at what cost to the taxpayers.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Britguy

no wounder Blair wanted this bad
wasnt he made President of the EU?
he will be making a Killing in this

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bodrul

B(illy) Liar isn't EU Prez yet but is tipped to get the position,

Why? He's already shown he's a worthless quitter by bailing out of the PM position before finishing his term.

Seriously though, this is a prime example of the sort of people we have making the laws the rest of us have to follow to the letter, while they continue to fraudulently feed at the trough.

new topics

top topics

join