It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama administration backs Bush, tries to kill 'lost' White House emails lawsuit

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
From AP via Raw Story

Missing email includes day Cheney's office told to preserve emails in CIA leak case
WASHINGTON -- Welcome to change.

The Obama administration, siding with former President George W. Bush, is trying to kill a lawsuit that seeks to recover what could be millions of missing White House e-mails in a stunning reversal of Obama's rhetoric about Bush secrecy on the campaign trail.

I voted for Obama. Not because I thought he was a saviour but I was determined to give the democratic party one more chance. Well I think the article speaks for itself. Another "Bush lite" like Clinton. This is it for me.

Politics is a dirty game but we are either a nation of laws or we are a nation of criminals. All you Bushies out there can have your laughs but I never had Obama on a pedestal I was just praying things were bad enough that we might covertly take on the TPTB and move towards "The Rule of Law". It is a sad day for the US when the Constitution is disregarded Repub Dem or Independent and I am sad.

Troop level in Afghan up, Iraq withdrawl delayed, Economy on the ropes.

Waiting for the change...waiting

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:01 AM
link   
It never mattered WHO got into the white house, They ALL played from the same song sheet.
They ALL have their bosses instructions to follow.
None of them had the American / or the Worlds best interests at heart.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
The last president who tried to actually use his powers against TPTB was Kennedy and look what happened to him. Obama has a family to worry about and If he is a smart man he knows that things are going to continue going the way they are until THE PEOPLE actually start to wake up and do something about it.

Change wont come from a president. Washington is always going to be business as usual. Obama totally failing will make people see that we have to take back our govt. It has to come from the collective consciousness of the people. We have to stop waiting for the messiah and do something for ourselves.

When that day comes we will have real change.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It's obvious rawstory.com failed to even read the AP article. I'll post the REAL raw story here, from the AP, and let you guys decide:

Obama’s DOJ quietly sought dismissal of missing White House emails lawsuit

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Irish M1ck

Here is the original article.
Linkwww.latimes.com...

top topics

join