It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Something about this strikes me as odd

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Something about this strikes me as odd

en.wikipedia.org

Organizing for America is a political group. Founded just after the inauguration of Barack Obama as the 44th President of the United States, the group seeks to mobilize Obama supporters to elect other political candidates and support President Obama's legislative agenda. The group has access to the contact information of 13 million Americans who identified themselves as Obama supporters during the 2008 Presidential Election.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.usaservice.org
www.youtube.com

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:24 AM
link   
Does it bother you at all that they already have the sections labeled but no information? So how did they know what subjects would be discussed if no information had been submitted yet?
Also do you realize all we did was turn over our contact information to the US Government as was as labeled ourselves as the most likely to cause/involve ourselves with changing the country. So depending on which team is looking at the list we are either the most likely to help, or the most likely to stand in the way. Or.....13,000,000 people just signed up for the obama draft. This is my first post so I'm sure it will be ripped by all measure as a way to detract from my point.

en.wikipedia.org
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   
The thing that strikes me as most odd is that it can hardly be described as 'Breaking Alternative News'. Yes, there's potentially a conspiracy angle, and Obama's election is recent but where's the news media reporting angle? I'd hardly qualify wiki as news media.

General conspiracies or one of the political forums, surely?

Yes, it's a little odd, but it's not the first time a wiki stub has been started and not been developed or completed about all manner of topics. I tend to find it more annoying than genuine tinfoil hat fodder.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Its okay man, I almost made the first mistake when making my first post too.

Use the Submit button at the top only for breaking 48hours or less news.

Use the New Post button below on the bottom right for a new post which is not breaking news. It also helps to be in the forum channel you want to post in first.

Keep your eyes open, you certainly have an eye for the odd though it may only be odd at first sight.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sorry about that. Thanks for the heads up. -J

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chefj828
Sorry about that. Thanks for the heads up. -J

Don't worry, I wasn't trying to be a dick about it. I was just trying to help avoid those 'where did my thread go' type moments that follow moderators moving threads from one forum to another. Often it's a grey area and hard to decide where to place a thread though.

posted on Feb, 23 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Chefj828

This should not strike you as odd.
How are they going to effectively use the 5.2 billion for ACORN?
I am glad you and I got to pay for that one.
Treasonous. just Treasonous.

top topics

join